RMweb

Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

I completely agree. I would rather wait longer and have the liveries correct than them be rushed and be incorrect.

There have been at least four if not five samples if not more of the DRS livery so it shows that a lot of time and effort has been put into it to ensure that it's correct.

Really looking forward to them arriving now and then further Class 68s been released.

Annoying because 68002 and 68005 are mainstream releases by Dapol in DRS, but DRS commissioned 68001 especially in DRS and that will be full RRP I believe so that's annoying.

A pair double headed on the Tesco sounds good to me !!

attachicon.gifClass 68a.jpg

That was my inspiration, I have the wagons and boxes, just not the pair of warskips, so naturally I ordered 68002+68005. Currently using a single DRS 57/0 in their place.

Ben

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The livery on the samples is good but yet more help from DRS has lifted it to an new level - the printing of the compass map was a case in point with now a pin sharp print to come certainly the N version will benefit from the development work done on its larger cousin.  

Certainly the digest shows quite a bit of customer input and management response and well worth it.

cheers

Robert 

• Like 2

Annoying because 68002 and 68005 are mainstream releases by Dapol in DRS, but DRS commissioned 68001 especially in DRS and that will be full RRP I believe so that's annoying.

That was my inspiration, I have the wagons and boxes, just not the pair of warskips, so naturally I ordered 68002+68005. Currently using a single DRS 57/0 in their place.

Ben

I have had the latest DRS 66 on mine, but now its got a Freightliner 70 on it !!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ben

I see what you mean regarding the price of the DRS 68001 model. I wouldn't worry though because Dapol have commented to me on the digest when I asked about how many Class 68s they are going to produce and they seem to plan to make every running number and name. It was suggested that they would produce 3/4 every year. I wouldn't worry because their will be no shortage of DRS Class 68s especially the DRS liveried ones.

It would be very nice to buy every model although it would be a very expensive job. Now there's an idea...

Hope this helps.

• RMweb Premium

Is 68001 available to order yet?

Just checked and not by the looks of it at the moment.

The 68001 model is just advertised on the DRS website at the moment.

I have heard that DRS staff/employees are to be offered the model of 68001 first and then any models which are left are to be sold via their website to the general public. So by the sounds of it their are no guarantees that any of the general public will be able to buy 68001.

Although as I have mentioned above I have asked the Dapol Digest regarding how many DRS liveried Class 68s they are going to produce and I have been told that they plan to produce every running number and name. It's been suggested that Dapol would produce 3/4 models per year.

So I wouldn't worry if you can't get 68001 because their will be plenty more Class 68s available in the time and years to come.

• 2 weeks later...

That looks really good from those photos. I was lucky today in that I spotted 68004 with the empty coaching stock from the Fife circle heading through Linlithgow. The real things looks and sounds good and will look forward to these next year. Glad Dapol have taken time getting the livery right asthe body shell sample I had a good look at back in February at Glasgow has been very well done.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Pics from today. Apparently these are not the latest samples! I will say they are looking fantastic, ignore the negative comments! They should be with us according to Dapol early 2017.

IMG_2277_zps11qzawqk.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsq2td7kjx.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Pics from today. Apparently these are not the latest samples! I will say they are looking fantastic, ignore the negative comments! They should be with us according to Dapol early 2017.

IMG_2277_zps11qzawqk.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsq2td7kjx.jpg

Thank you very much for posting the photos. It's very much appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to buying these Class 68s now.

IMG_2277_zps11qzawqk.jpg

IMG_2276_zpsq2td7kjx.jpg

So Does anybody notice what looks like and FWA (assuming it is something like that) wagon next to the Class 68s? Or did I miss the release on this wagon?

Any info on this?

So Does anybody notice what looks like and FWA (assuming it is something like that) wagon next to the Class 68s? Or did I miss the release on this wagon?

Any info on this?

Looks like an engineering sample of the IDA Super Low Floor container carrier that Dapol announced in 2014, as a complement to the Class 68. They listed 4 proposed DRS versions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...