Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Morning all and cheers for all the messages and you pic Clive. 

Put quite simple, I need to do a lot less, and cut down on my stock. 

I will be having a sort out today, and hopefully make some decisions about what I do next.

Are you really sure that you have to cut down on your stock? I model in n and have several separate layouts ranging from LMS GWR through to BR Blue and have stock accordingly. I appreciate storage is simpler in n but one thing I've detected over the years reading your threads is that you do like variety in periods and there is often a wistful " if only I hadn't sold that loco on " I am of course exempt from any form of domestic management or supervision which undoubtedly helps with my TOPS life which in my case is 2 dedicated former bedrooms
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

See I was a good boy while you were away and never flooded your thread with

attachicon.gifbodgits pie shop.jpg

I know I will get in trouble for this but . . .

That cannot be Andy's shed because there are no curtains in the windows.

Are you really sure that you have to cut down on your stock? I model in n and have several separate layouts ranging from LMS GWR through to BR Blue and have stock accordingly. I appreciate storage is simpler in n but one thing I've detected over the years reading your threads is that you do like variety in periods and there is often a wistful " if only I hadn't sold that loco on " I am of course exempt from any form of domestic management or supervision which undoubtedly helps with my TOPS life which in my case is 2 dedicated former bedrooms

Yes I've sold many things I wish I'd kept, I have 23 Sound Blue Diesels and they will stay, but its other things that may need to go, like the Coaching Stock and some Wagons, plus loads of spare bits of timber about an inch square that may come in handy one day / NEVER.

I know I will get in trouble for this but . . .

That cannot be Andy's shed because there are no curtains in the windows.

Clive's pinched them, hahah.

The last of the Steam Sound fleet went this evening on a well known auction site. I was going to put KM on there this evening, but I will see if there is any interest from elsewhere first.

• RMweb Premium

The last of the Steam Sound fleet went this evening on a well known auction site. I was going to put KM on there this evening, but I will see if there is any interest from elsewhere first.

WOT U DOING????

WOT U DOING????

I get bored very easily. :no:

Whoops, I thought it was the 1st April. :no:  :sungum: 

Come here for a week Mrs M doesn't let me get bored.

I DON'T DO orders or instructions, I am a MAN'S man. :sungum: 

When I'm aloud to be. :no: 

Wana buy a Train Set?

I took some pics yesterday, just to re vitalise the enthusiasm.

attachicon.gifIMG_4283.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4301.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4299.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4298.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4284.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4300.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4296.JPG

Hi Andy

Good to have you back refreshed.

Its clear that recently 7mm has been where your enthusiasm has been, and you've been enjoying that. But These pics just remind us how

much you enjoyed getting KM to this stage. The station conundrum stalled progress, but thats not enough reason to give up on your

efforts thus far, I suggest.

After all, you got so much out of KM so far, with many good operating sessions with your mates, and consequent videos.

When your ready, it needs to get completed, if not finished. After all if you really need to slow down, why waste such good efforts thus far.

(Especially when you enjoy those operating sessions.

So let your friends on here know what you need to get going again, and I'm sure any help needed will be forthcoming. It just needs to be what

and when you want. Not an avalanch of ideas and proposals that arent yours.

Long live KM.

That double curve is still mighty impressive.

Thanks Kevin, yes it's one of my favourite parts, and probably the best bit of any Layout I've ever built, (and there have been a few over the years), even prior to me joining R M Web 8 years ago.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andy

Good to have you back refreshed.

Its clear that recently 7mm has been where your enthusiasm has been, and you've been enjoying that. But These pics just remind us how

much you enjoyed getting KM to this stage. The station conundrum stalled progress, but thats not enough reason to give up on your

efforts thus far, I suggest.

After all, you got so much out of KM so far, with many good operating sessions with your mates, and consequent videos.

When your ready, it needs to get completed, if not finished. After all if you really need to slow down, why waste such good efforts thus far.

(Especially when you enjoy those operating sessions.

So let your friends on here know what you need to get going again, and I'm sure any help needed will be forthcoming. It just needs to be what

and when you want. Not an avalanch of ideas and proposals that arent yours.

Long live KM.

Thanks Tony, I don't need input, I did ask for some ideas a while back for the Station area, and TBH I ended up more confused than when I started, which my friend John Flann said I would be, in an e-mail at the time.

I still enjoy looking at KM and yesterday, I had a mini running session when I got the 2 Locos out for the Photos.

As for the running sessions with mate, yes there always good and actually quite relaxing as well.

And the Video are something I need to look into.

Previously a 15 minute Video would take about 3 hours to up load on to You Tube.

Now since getting Windows 10, a 5 minute Video takes on average 8 to 9 hours which is a waste of a big chunk of my life. So unless I can sort that out, there will be no more Videos I'm afraid.

If I were to sell KM, (and it will come apart with just a little effort) then I would start again and do the O Gauge as the Shed Layout, and also build a small, transportable OO Depot style Layout.

If it can't be sold, then I would need to look at stripping it, and selling off things like Signals and Buildings etc. The Fields may stay, as I might be able to work around them.

None of the above is imminent, so plenty of time to think whilst enjoying building Pen Y Bont out in the sunshine.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

ALL THAT CAN BE SAID IS THAT HE HAS BEEN TO WALES !!!!!!!

Apparently I can get tablets for this problem.

Just opened my last pack of Welsh Cakes, yummy yummy. :sungum: 

Apparently I can get tablets for this problem.

Just opened my last pack of Welsh Cakes, yummy yummy. :sungum:

You really must read the health warnings on those Welsh Cakes .......might cause further confusion if eaten whilst operating an 0 gauge model railway  :jester: ....yes it is written in Welsh so you probably did not understand it  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  

You really must read the health warnings on those Welsh Cakes .......might cause further confusion if eaten whilst operating an 0 gauge model railway  :jester: ....yes it is written in Welsh so you probably did not understand it  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  

I can't read English, let alone a Foreign Language as well, hahah.

Dee heard someone on the Radio a while back saying that he saw the Road Signs in Wales were also written in Polish!!! :O  Unbelievable, :no:  :no:  and the presenter didn't even correct him. :scared:  :scared: 

• RMweb Premium

I can't read English, let alone a Foreign Language as well, hahah.

Dee heard someone on the Radio a while back saying that he saw the Road Signs in Wales were also written in Polish!!! :O  Unbelievable, :no:  :no:  and the presenter didn't even correct him. :scared:  :scared:

Wales is behind the times in multi-lingual road signs. We had them in Bedfordshire in the early 1960s, Italian and English. There were so many Italian's working in the brickworks that some of the warning signs were dual language. "Train Operated Signals and Barrier Ahead. Passaggio A Livello Automatico."

• Like 2

[...]

And the Video are something I need to look into.

Previously a 15 minute Video would take about 3 hours to up load on to You Tube.

Now since getting Windows 10, a 5 minute Video takes on average 8 to 9 hours which is a waste of a big chunk of my life. So unless I can sort that out, there will be no more Videos I'm afraid.

[...]

Why bother with Win 10?I never got on with it...

Why bother with Win 10?I never got on with it...

I agree, I was on Windows 7, and just before my Holiday, I switched on and it said no longer available, and according to my mate in the Computer Shop, Widows 7 will be turned off this year and so the only choice was to get 10 installed, I have to say, I don't like it as much.

ALL THAT CAN BE SAID IS THAT HE HAS BEEN TO WALES !!!!!!!

It seems to me that trips to Wales can be bad for your wealth! Changing over to 0 gauge can be expensive, and make more profits for that place at Chirk! It's a Welsh conspiracy.