Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Terrific vidios especially like the weathering on the dmu looks great also good to see the layout  working ,more please Andy. Chris

Thanks Chris, Glad your liking the Videos. I didn't weather the DMU, but it is superbly done, I bought it off Dan / Pigwife007 already weathered, Crew and Passengers fitted.

• Like 1

Today I've re worked the Fiddle Yard for a straighter run in and also lengthened the 2 inner roads to accommodate the Parcels and one set of Passenger Stock.

I've also back dated the Stock again to late 70's early 80's.

post-9335-0-15812600-1527007109_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71766300-1527007169_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34733100-1527007226_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Very impressive, once again more stock on view that poor old LM.

Might see what I can get at Railex on Sunday.....you never know!

Still find it very confusing with that canal board stored over the fiddle yard but I suppose the days of limboing under the layout to get through the door are in the dim and distant past......for us both I might hasten to add!!!

Very impressive, once again more stock on view that poor old LM.

Might see what I can get at Railex on Sunday.....you never know!

Still find it very confusing with that canal board stored over the fiddle yard but I suppose the days of limboing under the layout to get through the door are in the dim and distant past......for us both I might hasten to add!!!

Thanks Kevin, I still have the Milk Train, China Clay Hoods and the Fish Train to find a home for yet. :no:  :no:

It's many years since I could do a Limbo under anything, so yes it's an ideal place to store the door board.

• Like 1

All looking good Andy, notice a couple of steamers as well, just need a 125 next! Lol

Yes as much as I would like one, my loops aren't long enough to accommodate more than 6 Coaches, including the 2 Power Cars so, IMHO would look a bit naff.

• Like 2

Hi Andy

Not much help really, but the last few times I travelled on the Paddington Oxford Worcester line the HSTs had dropped one of the first class coaches - no call for large seats on the Cotswold Line perhaps.  Also, what first class coaches they still have don't line up with the shorter platforms, such as Moreton-in-Marsh.  So I suppose if you pay for first class they think you should have to walk down the train to keep fit.

The videos look great, by the way!

Paul

Hi Andy

Not much help really, but the last few times I travelled on the Paddington Oxford Worcester line the HSTs had dropped one of the first class coaches - no call for large seats on the Cotswold Line perhaps.  Also, what first class coaches they still have don't line up with the shorter platforms, such as Moreton-in-Marsh.  So I suppose if you pay for first class they think you should have to walk down the train to keep fit.

The videos look great, by the way!

Paul

Thanks Paul, in the 80's HST's were only on the Paddington - Penzance Route anyway I think, and were probably 8 or 9 in the formation.

I've received the 21 to 8 pin convertors from DCC Concepts and today fitted the Sound Chip to 44004 with a Bass Speaker, sounds quite good.

I will pop it on the next Video.

Whilst testing it, I found I've suddenly got some D E A D Track?????? 

Will need to look at that some time.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've received the 21 to 8 pin convertors from DCC Concepts and today fitted the Sound Chip to 44004 with a Bass Speaker, sounds quite good.

I will pop it on the next Video.

Whilst testing it, I found I've suddenly got some D E A D Track?????? 

Will need to look at that some time.

Doh Crikey.........just saying :nono:

Doh Crikey.........just saying :nono:

Yes I know, test lamp out and see what's up. As my sections are all individual, it can only be one wire, and I already know it's a Black one, as I bridged a Track Gap and it came alive, so DCC has made it easier. :sungum:

Just Sayin. :onthequiet: :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: heheheh :blum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Yes I know, test lamp out and see what's up. As my sections are all individual, it can only be one wire, and I already know it's a Black one, as I bridged a Track Gap and it came alive, so DCC has made it easier. :sungum:

Just Sayin. :onthequiet: :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: heheheh :blum:

So today, the dead section of Track is suddenly alive :O , DCC = Digital Connection Correction. :sungum: 

A few pics from this afternoon. Not very sharp again for some reason!

post-9335-0-71664100-1527356521_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09210300-1527356654_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-12789100-1527356774_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88289600-1527356937_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-08871800-1527357062_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-93956000-1527357249_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68939900-1527357361_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86781200-1527357527_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

So today, the dead section of Track is suddenly alive :O , DCC = Digital Connection Correction. :sungum: 

A few pics from this afternoon. Not very sharp again for some reason!

attachicon.gifIMG_4599.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4604.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4614.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4619.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4628.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4633.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4607.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4611.JPG

Hi Andy

I would still check all the solder joints.

And fish plates.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I would still check all the solder joints.

And fish plates.

Yeah, to be fair, it was just one line in the Depot, which is fed from a joiner wire from the next Track, that was alive the other day, when the Fuel Line was dead, so if it goes again, it's fairly easy to sort.

OR...………..RIP THE WHOLE LAYOUT OUT AND FLOG OFF THE BITS. :O  :scared:  :scared:

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, to be fair, it was just one line in the Depot, which is fed from a joiner wire from the next Track, that was alive the other day, when the Fuel Line was dead, so if it goes again, it's fairly easy to sort.

OR...………..RIP THE WHOLE LAYOUT OUT AND FLOG OFF THE BITS. :O  :scared:  :scared:

I'm not buying it. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

Nooooooooooooooooo!