Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

And the Video are something I need to look into.

Previously a 15 minute Video would take about 3 hours to up load on to You Tube.

Now since getting Windows 10, a 5 minute Video takes on average 8 to 9 hours which is a waste of a big chunk of my life. So unless I can sort that out, there will be no more Videos I'm afraid.

Andy,

many factors may be at play and IMO Win 10 the least likely of them despite all the antipathy apparent on here.

I share my videos with our family as follows,

1) do a video compression using "Handbrake" free software

2) upload the compressed file to my Microsoft account "OneDrive"

3) from there I can create a link that will allow anyone to view or download the video

Typically a .mov file as recorded by my Canon SLR camera at hi res can be 400Mb per minute but after lossless compression this is reduced by at least 80%. Then modern cable internet means the compressed file is uploaded fairly quickly.

An example, this 16sec clip was 98MB, reduced to 14MB by Handbrake, uploaded to OneDrive in about 20sec.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au252AreD6BYlDXDqlM23RWUhhSh

try the link, it has a 7 day expiry as it's a demo and I'll remove it from Onedrive after that time

If my experience is translated to your video a 15min Video might be 6GB (if hi-res) compress by 80-90% which is done offline requiring no input.Then upload time @ 30MB/min would be around 20-40 min. Less of course if you're not recording Hi-Res.

Your problem with Youtube may well be because you're uploading uncompressed video and the compression is as you go.

Get properly well soon,

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains
  • Like 3

It seems to me that trips to Wales can be bad for your wealth! Changing over to 0 gauge can be expensive, and make more profits for that place at Chirk! It's a Welsh conspiracy.

O Gauge is cheaper than OO, I have reduced my OO stock by over 50% and still have over 3k worth. I have enough O Gauge, (with one more Loco on order) and is almost half the OO amount so quite happy with that.

Andy,

many factors may be at play and IMO Win 10 the least likely of them despite all the antipathy apparent on here.

I share my videos with our family as follows,

1) do a video compression using "Handbrake" free software

2) upload the compressed file to my Microsoft account "OneDrive"

3) from there I can create a link that will allow anyone to view or download the video

Typically a .mov file as recorded by my Canon SLR camera at hi res can be 400Mb per minute but after lossless compression this is reduced by at least 80%. Then modern cable internet means the compressed file is uploaded fairly quickly.

An example, this 16sec clip was 98MB, reduced to 14MB by Handbrake, uploaded to OneDrive in about 20sec.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au252AreD6BYlDXDqlM23RWUhhSh

try the link, it has a 7 day expiry as it's a demo and I'll remove it from Onedrive after that time

If my experience is translated to your video a 15min Video might be 6GB (if hi-res) compress by 80-90% which is done offline requiring no input.Then upload time @ 30MB/min would be around 20-40 min. Less of course if you're not recording Hi-Res.

Your problem with Youtube may well be because you're uploading uncompressed video and the compression is as you go.

Get properly well soon,

Colin

BTW in uploaded clip, both trains are 16 coach *25 m or 400m long. The head to tail passing time is approx 11sec for 800m so the train was passing thru at around 260kph. Video is not bad given the speed.

Colin

Thanks for all the info Colin, I'm a techo luddite, and so compressing a movie clip is something I need to study, I then still need to find a way to get it onto You Tube etc.

Cheers for the link and info though.

• RMweb Premium

Mr Peters sir,

The rumour mill has it the Pencarne and the Wencombe save our railway groups have united with the fledgling Keep Kings Moreton Open Society will be meeting this weekend at the Derby show where they will not buy you a cup of tea and a cake. :ireful:

The other rumour is Lt Col La De Da Hyphen Poshname (Rtd) is organising the Kings Moreton Resistance Army and is even thinking of recruiting Miss Rivette Counteer.  :hunter:

As for the station area, how about over grown platform and no building, it is after all the 1980s. :cry: 

• Like 1

O.K. Guys, I'm quivering in my Black Forest Gateau, :O  :boast:  and TBH if it was replaced by an O Gauge BLT at some time, (NOT imminent / i.e tomorrow), then it would be another Pencarne / Trebudoc style BLT Layout.

BUT BUT BUT as I say, not just yet.

I did have another look at the Station area today, and progress may be made in the not to distant future / 2019 ish possibly :no:  :scared:  :scared: 

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Just a thought. Have you tried uploading your videos using a network cable to link the computer and modem rather than using a Wi-fi home .network?

Andy

Just a thought. Have you tried uploading your videos using a network cable to link the computer and modem rather than using a Wi-fi home .network?

Thanks Ray, not tried that, but the router is difficult to get to so will have to find a cable and try it.

Cheers mate.

• RMweb Premium

You have often compared your topics to a soap opera.

At the moment it seems more like a HBO drama and we are approaching the season finale and the prospect this may be the last season.

KM is producing some real twists and turns - genuinely uncertain as to how this will all pan out.   Sign of a good script writer I guess.

• Like 1

O Gauge is cheaper than OO, I have reduced my OO stock by over 50% and still have over 3k worth. I have enough O Gauge, (with one more Loco on order) and is almost half the OO amount so quite happy with that.

WHAT?!?!?!?

• Like 1

You have often compared your topics to a soap opera.

At the moment it seems more like a HBO drama and we are approaching the season finale and the prospect this may be the last season.

KM is producing some real twists and turns - genuinely uncertain as to how this will all pan out.   Sign of a good script writer I guess.

Sorry Bogie, you must have me confused with someone else, It's not me that's compared this to a Soap Opera, (as far as I can remember) as I don't watch them so have no idea.

BTW what's a HBO Drama? not heard of that either mate.

As for genuinely uncertain as to how it will all pan out; well I agree 100%, I do still have things I want to do to KM, but I also have other Layout Plans that I would like to have a go at one day. I have Plans drawn up for a Depot Layout like West Shed, an Engineers Yard, like Fiddlers Yard, or a small Modern Image BLT like the original Deesdale Road. 

I just go a day at a time, I have planned for KM's eventual replacement, but how, or when is something that is up in the air still. 

KM may have a running session over the next few days, so, as they say, watch this space buddy.

Remember, I enjoy the Building more than the running. 

Edited by Andrew P

WHAT?!?!?!?

Average New Bachhornby is now about £140 to £160, New O Gauge Dapol Jinty / Pannier / 08, is about £170 or less in some cases, both plus about £100 for a Sound Chip, and you don't need as many.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry if I misquoted you about the soap operas but I thought I recalled somebody commenting about the similarity. 

Anyway HBO = Home Box Office, an American premium cable and satellite television network.  Game of Thrones is a HBO series.

I think I have suggested before you could complete other people's layouts for them - again the mind might be playing tricks.

You're the boss as they say so whatever makes you happy.

Having said that I am tempted to join the Keep Kings Moreton Open Society, Clive has mentioned.

• Like 1

Sorry if I misquoted you about the soap operas but I thought I recalled somebody commenting about the similarity. 

Anyway HBO = Home Box Office, an American premium cable and satellite television network.  Game of Thrones is a HBO series.

I think I have suggested before you could complete other people's layouts for them - again the mind might be playing tricks.

You're the boss as they say so whatever makes you happy.

Having said that I am tempted to join the Keep Kings Moreton Open Society, Clive has mentioned.

Haha, HBO, thanks for the explanation mate.

And so I had a nice running session today, there will be a couple of Videos up shortly, I think I've sorted the Up Load problem, but more of that later, here are some Pics.

post-9335-0-47401900-1525981330_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70315300-1525981444_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84149300-1525981498_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59235500-1525981562_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

And you are scrapping it. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I done a video last night of my Class 41 Warship (D600). I ran the loco very slow. When I played back the video it looks like it is going fast and the quality is naff. I think I need a different camera.

And you are scrapping it. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

I done a video last night of my Class 41 Warship (D600). I ran the loco very slow. When I played back the video it looks like it is going fast and the quality is naff. I think I need a different camera.

My Camera is only the £75 Canon and it's not to bad for a pocket camera.