Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hmmm..... well I suppose it could be worse; at least there is a Bulleid Pacific amongst the interlopers. Bring back the blue diesels please...

Hhaha there's a few more Steam pics to come later, and there is another West Country, Plymouth, lurking in the Shed.

I'll do some Blue Diesels soon.

Looks like you had fun playing trains Andy,

You have some very nice weathered up steam loco's there mate I really like the Std 4 and 7f, the little Ivatt on the turntable looks nice too. I have one that was weathered up by a friend who passed away a few years ago. I need to get a chassis for it really as it's a none runner at the moment.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, George and Peter, The Ivatt is the New Bachmann one and was bought primarily for running on Trewithen in the late BR Period, but doubles up nicely on here as well.It's DCC Fitted but runs sweet on Anolog as well.

A bit of work on the Trewithen's Switch Panel before elevenses this morning and then some weathering jobs for some Friends that have taken most of the rest of the day.

There was 9 MEA / MFA's and a Balfore Beaty Coach that I forgot to photograph and then this 10,000 and a Rod and Mail Coach.

post-9335-0-24800800-1488905638_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83780500-1488905715_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09255400-1488905766_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49323700-1488905869_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92836700-1488905914_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91809900-1488905959_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Andy, I am constantly amazed at how productive you are at layout building> I've lost count of how many layouts you have built in the 10 years that it has taken me to build Wencombe and Kingsbridge. All power to your elbow.

I may well have quantity Alan, (although many never get finished), but your way way ahead with Quality, your Houses and Harbour are just two small examples of great workmanship my friend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress on Kingsford at all?

Rich

Hi Rich, nothing since the running session a couple of weeks ago as I've been busy on Trewithen, at the moment Kingsford has become a bit of a dumping ground I'm afraid.

Once the wiring is complete on Trewithen and I dont need to turn the boards over again then I'll clear ''K'' and have another running session.

I have acquired a couple of new Locos, one is the New Bachmann Stanier Mogul and the other is a Crab so I'm looking forward to chipping them up and giving them a good run soon.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich, nothing since the running session a couple of weeks ago as I've been busy on Trewithen, at the moment Kingsford has become a bit of a dumping ground I'm afraid.

Once the wiring is complete on Trewithen and I dont need to turn the boards over again then I'll clear ''K'' and have another running session.

I have acquired a couple of new Locos, one is the New Bachmann Stanier Mogul and the other is a Crab so I'm looking forward to chipping them up and giving them a good run soon.

Hi Andy,

Oh I had forgotten about Trewithen .. I'm struggling to keep up mate! The two new additions look nice, so shall watch out for them appearing!

Rich

I'm just patiently awaiting the return of Kingswhatsit as I'm not a fan of Western BLT's. The Stanier is a cracker mate, mine runs absolutely superb, you will be pleased I'm sure.

I'm just patiently awaiting the return of Kingswhatsit as I'm not a fan of Western BLT's. The Stanier is a cracker mate, mine runs absolutely superb, you will be pleased I'm sure.

Morning Mike and thanks, I had 4 Locos that have been sitting around for quite a while, and TBH didn't fit with either scenario on Kingsford and certainly would NEVER have worked a BLT so the sensible thing was to do a deal as they say. I forgot to say that I've also picked up a second hand cheap Chipped Fairburn as well, so the Steam Fleet has increased dramatically over the last couple of weeks.

The Blue Fleet will be out again soon as well, once the top is cleared of junk / wire / bits of wood / tools and the hot glue gun. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: , After spending a couple of weeks wiring Trewithen I'm looking forward to just having a running session again.

I bought a new Camera yesterday so I'm really looking forward to trying it out tomorrow at the Notttingham Show and then back home. It's a Canon Power Shot SX 420 IS with 20 Mega Pixel and 42 X Zoom and Wi Fi,so I hope its as good if not better than my Fuji that I've had for about 10 years. I dropped the Fuji about a year ago and the Batteries have been held in by an elastic band ever since.

post-9335-0-07490200-1489827582_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-32263400-1489827598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Morning Mike and thanks, I had 4 Locos that have been sitting around for quite a while, and TBH didn't fit with either scenario on Kingsford and certainly would NEVER have worked a BLT so the sensible thing was to do a deal as they say. I forgot to say that I've also picked up a second hand cheap Chip Fairburn as well, so the Steam Fleet has increased dramatically over the last couple of weeks.

The Blue Fleet will be out again soon as well, once the top is cleared of junk / wire / bits of wood / tools and the hot glue gun. :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: , After spending a couple of weeks wiring Trewithen I'm looking forward to just having a running session again.

I bought a new Camera yesterday so I'm really looking forward to trying it out tomorrow at the Notttingham Show and then back home. It's a Canon Power Shot SX 420 IS with 20 Mega Pixel and 42 X Zoom and Wi Fi,so I hope its as good if not better than my Fuji that I've had for about 10 years. I dropped the Fuji about a year ago and the Batteries have been held in by an elastic band ever since.

attachicon.gifNew Camera 001.JPG

attachicon.gifNew Camera 002.JPG

Hi Andy,

Nice camera mate - not sure if you can with those, but if possible, (tell me if I'm telling you something you already know!) set it to Aperture Priority (usually an A setting) and then set the F stop to F8 or higher - the shutter speed will come down automatically, so its a bit of a final line balancing act between getting a shuttle speed high enough that will stop camera shake and keeping the F stop high.  If your not aware, the higher the F stop, the greater the depth of field, hence more of the image is in focus.   If it doesn't work for you, stay with what does!!   Just a suggestion, and apologies if you already knew that!

Rich

Hi Andy,

Nice camera mate - not sure if you can with those, but if possible, (tell me if I'm telling you something you already know!) set it to Aperture Priority (usually an A setting) and then set the F stop to F8 or higher - the shutter speed will come down automatically, so its a bit of a final line balancing act between getting a shuttle speed high enough that will stop camera shake and keeping the F stop high.  If your not aware, the higher the F stop, the greater the depth of field, hence more of the image is in focus.   If it doesn't work for you, stay with what does!!   Just a suggestion, and apologies if you already knew that!

Rich

Hi Rich, No I never knew any of that. I cant find where to adjust the F No as yet, and there's nothing in the book, it shows F5.6 and ISO 400 but I can't seem to find adjustments for eirther, I'm off to do a Google search now to see if I can find out more info.

The Fuji went up to F13.5 and that's what I used for close up work on a Tripod or stand,

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

Rich

Hi Rich, No I never knew any of that. I cant find where to adjust the F No as yet, and there's nothing in the book, it shows F5.6 and ISO 400 but I can't seem to find adjustments for eirther, I'm off to do a Google search now to see if I can find out more info.

The Fuji went up to F13.5 and that's what I used for close up work on a Tripod or stand,

I've found the ISO settings and had a play with that, I've also found some other useful bits as well so getting there.

• Like 1