Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

I went out with a posh girl once who said she was arriving.  Confused the bejaysus out of me; I thought she was already there...

She seemed happy enough about it, though.

Yes, we've found the level...

• Like 1

I am very pleased to introduce to you all.....

ME

KP1.jpg.c879d2c5390487890adf518d28929ed5.jpg

Being very well known to myself I can only conclude that I will be a great asset to good folk that make up the populace that inhabits Little Muddle.

Standing in a prominent place I will be able to keep an eye on all the comings and goings that happen in this little realm.

Funny how you look at things differently, I said that is well modelled and finely detailed, the wife however took one look and said at least you combed your hair before the scan!!!!!

There is speculation that I might be seen at different locations around the layout but at the same time.....!!!!!! 

Anyway I have to go now as standing on those cones is hurting my feet!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

If you get fed up Kevin you could always speak to Rob and take a trip to ANTB and annoy the Finching sisters !

G

Now there is an idea......

I could travel the length and breadth of this country secretly appearing on other peoples layouts.....

Seek him here and seek him there!

Like a

'Where's Kevin' game.

Being a bit of a Wally I think that might have been done before!

• Like 4

Now there is an idea......

I could travel the length and breadth of this country secretly appearing on other peoples layouts.....

Seek him here and seek him there!

Like a

'Where's Kevin' game.

Being a bit of a Wally I think that might have been done before!

You could play the part of a little Boy Train Spotter on Pen Y Bont Kevin. :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Looks excellent BTW.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

You could play the part of a little Boy Train Spotter on Pen Y Bont Kevin. :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Looks excellent BTW.

What a lovely idea, one week on your layout, then the next week spent with the Finching sisters and so on....

I have to say that this a brilliant idea from Alan (Modelu) and everyone with a layout should appear on their own layout doing some task or other.

Earlier on the wife said, I know this sounds strange but it actually looks like you.......?

Which is lucky as it was of me but I think I know what she means in that the reproduction is so accurate and true that it has captured the actual essence of the subject.

Now all I have to do is get the colours right!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8

I could travel the length and breadth of this country secretly appearing on other peoples layouts..

Watch the film Amelie.  The protagonist brings a little excitement into her retired father's life by kidnapping his garden gnomes.  She sends them around the world with her friends who work for Air France.  Her dad receives a 'selfie' postcard of each gnome as it visits a famous landmark.

You are now in the perfect position to similarly confuse the model railway community.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Pretty sure I recall something like this actually happening and being featured on BBC's 'Nationwide' programme; that dates me!  The little chap disappeared from a garden somewhere in the West of England IIRC and sent postcards from various destinations around the world, correctly postmarked, and signed 'Gnome'.  He reappeared as mysteriously as he'd disappeared in his proper place in his garden about a year later, with sunglasses and a tan, and, AFAIK, never did play the wild rover no more.  The mystery was never solved; his owner knew nobody who had undertaken the journeys.  Of course, I think the Gnome did it himself...

If you really want to confuse us, or further confuse in my case, you could appear simultaneously on different layouts...

• RMweb Premium

Were yours that smudged?  :jester:

Meaningfully blended in a metaphysical sense, giving a soft - yet in some way hard - representation of gentle and gradual variations in tint, shade and hue leading the viewer to an existential and experiential trompe l'oeil impression of the gestalt. Darling.

Meaningfully blended in a metaphysical sense, giving a soft - yet in some way hard - representation of gentle and gradual variations in tint, shade and hue leading the viewer to an existential and experiential trompe l'oeil impression of the gestalt. Darling.

Culture from Oz?

The whole world’s going to pot.

Ash.

As it's a brand new figure it's unlikely that Alan has put Kev's figure up yet. There might be a code on the packet though.

Not sure if these scanned figures appear on the website.

I arrived in a clear plastic bag with no card label as the normal ones.

There is a code but it was sent to me via e-mail.

Edited by KNP

Not sure if these scanned figures appear on the website.

I arrived in a clear plastic bag with no card label as the normal ones.

There is a code but it was sent to me via e-mail.

I believe that you have a choice, as to whether you make 

your scanning available for resale to others, it can then be 

a reduced price to you, as it increases his range.

Pelmet lighting now fixed with two replacement strip lights, layout illumination back up to required level.

Painting of recently received Modelu figures well underway with detail work (shadows) still to do.

IMG_0046.JPG.c751fc9ca6cd3b567c31b937b3d09e28.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG.ce2a14278b70d97017f69a57392f4472.JPG

I seem to have scrubbed up well, next is Delores Doolittle ready soon to do some more shopping and then another engine driver for 5355.

Yes, a second driver as in a moment of madness I originally obtained a driver with his right had raised to the regulator........well being GWR he needs his left hand raised????

I did try to see if he could be used but the positioning looked all wrong as his raised arm was poking out the cab side......!

The other items are 6 oil cans

The original driver will be used somewhere on the layout - guessing pointing to something or other - say a sign or scenery for example.......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10

I fancy some of those oil cans for my new shed, are they painted black then Kev. Thanks for the inspiration.

I rarely use black, or white come to that, on their own.

In this case I used gunmetal grey with black grey added to darken, then a thin wash of cork brown to dirty (why cork brown I hear you say, well I had just been using it to paint Delores's basket and it was sitting waiting to be used up)

I tend to decant a small quantity of the Vallejo paint I use onto a plastic lid taken from a Chinese meal container, sometimes I have no idea what shade I am going to apply as I regularly mix colours to see the effect.........the only problem can be much later when I try to replicate the colour. Make notes I here you say.....good idea but that rarely happens! 

I rarely use black, or white come to that, on their own.

I recall being told many years ago by an Art Teacher that black and white don't exist in nature! I don't think he meant it literally, but rather that our work would seem more realistic if we avoided using them in their pure form. Given how superbly natural 'Little Muddle' looks in so many ways including the use of colour tones maybe he had a point? You work is excellent Kevin and continues to be an inspiration.

Andy.

I recall being told many years ago by an Art Teacher that black and white don't exist in nature! I don't think he meant it literally, but rather that our work would seem more realistic if we avoided using them in their pure form. Given how superbly natural 'Little Muddle' looks in so many ways including the use of colour tones maybe he had a point? You work is excellent Kevin and continues to be an inspiration.

Andy.

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I agree about black and white and was told years ago that they cannot be technically called colours and should be referred to as shades though I have heard some say they are values!

Also been said that White is the presence of all colour whilst Black is the absence of all colour.

Don't know if this is right or wrong but there has always been a huge debate in the art world as to what category they are in, even in my day.........!!!!!

The main reason I don't use them is two fold, first in real life they look weathered and faded very quickly and secondly they seem to 'bright' in model form when compared to other colours/shades used.

• RMweb Gold

...Also been said that White is the presence of all colour whilst Black is the absence of all colour...

Don't know about that but when I was little, when all the colours of plasticine got mixed together it turned brown...

• RMweb Gold

Computer programs often use a colour model called "Hue, Saturation, Value" or "HSV" to define colours.

Hue is the pure colour - like a rainbow colour and is measured in degrees around a circular colour wheel: so 0 degrees = pure red, 120 degrees = pure green, 240 degrees = pure blue and back to 360 degrees = pure red again.

Saturation describes the amount of white mixed with the Hue: 100% Saturation = pure Hue, 0% Saturation = pure white.

Value describes the amount of black mixed with the Hue: 100% Value = pure Hue, 0% Value = pure black.

You can see how that maps onto colour mixing in the real world given that most colours already have some black and white, Saturation and Value, mixed into them before you start.

Edited by Harlequin