Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

"Now, chaps, you see this thing here? You twist that knob there to the clockwise and it makes you a bacon sandwich at 25,000 feet. If you like your bacon crispy, just dial the little fellow around a bit more. Splendid, eh?"

Whizzo! I hope my hat doesn’t blow off though, sir!

• RMweb Premium

Now for some experimental posts.

My son-in-law has a Samsung Galazy 9s plus so I borrowed it last night and took some pictures.

Standard lens

attachicon.gifm1.jpg

attachicon.gifm2.jpg

attachicon.gifm3.jpg

attachicon.gifm4.jpg

Kevin read the whole thread bur cannot remember what you used for fence wire? Also what technique you use for getting it so life like in tension. The you and the loco driver? Figures on it by it look so life like stunning photos.

Cheers

Ade

Kevin read the whole thread bur cannot remember what you used for fence wire? Also what technique you use for getting it so life like in tension. The you and the loco driver? Figures on it by it look so life like stunning photos.

Cheers

Ade

4lb fishing line.

Thanks

I agree with Ademoore - your figures are wonderful. The two pairs in the last photo of post #2623 are especially pleasing - where do you get them please?

Thanks.

Both are from Modelu, the driver was got for the 43xx until I realised he had the wrong arm raised for the regulator!!!!! but was just right for the fence post....

The other of course is me (see Avatar) and I don't believe I'm on general release????

That derelict barn is lovely, modelling of a very high order. I really liked the slipped sheet of corrugated iron in the last picture - just the sort of detail that really convinces. It must have been fun to make this model.

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That derelict barn is lovely, modelling of a very high order. I really liked the slipped sheet of corrugated iron in the last picture - just the sort of detail that really convinces. It must have been fun to make this model.

Chaz

The barn looks even better in its overgrown location- it’s just asking to be explored !

• Like 1

Superb modelling again as always Kevin, now there's a rebuild project.

Thanks but I spent ages in building it semi derelict so to immediately renovate it so it could appear on Grand Designs is just not on!!!

I have to say that it a lot more difficult to build like this than it is a normal building.

Looking at the pictures I feel a small store need's to be added between the barn and the creamery perhaps covered in ivy......just an idea at the moment?

Little clutter needed as well.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

Thanks but I spent ages in building it semi derelict so to immediately renovate it so it could appear on Grand Designs is just not on!!!

I have to say that it a lot more difficult to build like this than it is a normal building.

Looking at the pictures I feel a small store need's to be added between the barn and the creamery perhaps covered in ivy......just an idea at the moment?

Little clutter needed as well.....

A little outside privy?

• Like 1

The barn looks even better in its overgrown location- it’s just asking to be explored !

I want to go and camp in it overnight, fry sausages on an open fire with my pals, tell ghost stories and wake up to the sound of shunting trains beyond the fence.

• Like 6

I want to go and camp in it overnight, fry sausages on an open fire with my pals, tell ghost stories and wake up to the sound of shunting trains beyond the fence.

Not sure about the open fire as the grass is a bit dry at the moment...…..

I think Encombe should have its own camping coach in a siding like at Gara Bridge and charge 3 shillings a week to stay in it.

That's a nice idea, who would be the camp warden?

• RMweb Gold

I think Encombe should have its own camping coach in a siding like at Gara Bridge and charge 3 shillings a week to stay in it.

It’s the coach that’s camp.

I’m tempted to put one in Limpley Stoke, a short Hornby clerestory would do.

post-21027-0-62115500-1533498212_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

A wide view showing the creamery and barn

1471.jpg.344451e8969a2b41ec15e7a8f1331eac.jpg

I think a fence/hedge is needed from the LH gate post that partially obscures the view of the barn is required.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11