Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Those last two posts just ouse realism for me, thank you for posting.

"Ouse realism"... That's rather wonderful, whether you meant it or not!

:-)

Edited by Harlequin

"I keep telling friends that the Earth is flat and if you go near the edge, you will fall off. They never believe me, but here is photographic proof."

But... but... how was the photograph taken?

Thanks

Camera on a tripod and close to the edge of the layout but lower with the lens angled upwards.

The main body of the camera is actually below the board top with only the lens being at eye height (model height that is) to give the perspective I was after.

Not tempted to add another model of yourself, leaning on the truck bed, or the large barrel ?

Or a pair / TWINS?

Now Gentlemen

I do think just one of me is scary enough without frightening the readers with a plethora of me's!!!

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't it be a bit of a laarf to make EVERY male figure on the layout, in all their different roles, poses, clothing and uniforms, based on your good self, and see if anyone notices?

But I guess the high quality of your photography would give the game away!

John C.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be a bit of a laarf to make EVERY male figure on the layout, in all their different roles, poses, clothing and uniforms, based on your good self, and see if anyone notices?

But I guess the high quality of your photography would give the game away!

John C.

Agreed but also expensive as a scan is £25 a time and then £3 for the figure...!

I now have 25 Modelu figures either around the layout or driving trains so the sums would mount up and that's without taking the other makes (Dart, Noch) into account as well.

If we go down this route then I will start passing the hat around tomorrow or might even consider arranging for some crowd funding.

Edited by KNP

"I keep telling friends that the Earth is flat and if you go near the edge, you will fall off. They never believe me, but here is photographic proof."

But... but... how was the photograph taken?

Er. Aha. Some one must have taken the pic as they fell over.

It seems that I look away for a few moments and a whole page of new photos and comments appears. 

I agree with you about the low level views.  A smartphone can be good for these, because the lens is in one corner, so can be almost on the ground.  Your figures do look as though they would support a bar very well and I must check that my similar piece of wood plus Blutack, which I use for the same purpose, has not be stolen :)

It seems that I look away for a few moments and a whole page of new photos and comments appears.

I agree with you about the low level views. A smartphone can be good for these, because the lens is in one corner, so can be almost on the ground. Your figures do look as though they would support a bar very well and I must check that my similar piece of wood plus Blutack, which I use for the same purpose, has not be stolen :)

Sorry about that......? The Modelu figures come with plastic base and they stand off that on little cones, so for once you don’t up having to do the shoes as a second phase.

I use a smartphone a lot but don’t get the depth of field of the main camera, if using the phone with the lens at the bottom then if you do not run it through an editing suite of some sort the this website inverts the picture. I did find out why but can’t recall at the moment.

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kevin. I've much enjoyed this thread for some time now and think Little Muddle is just exquisite. Like you I am a fan of Scalescenes brick papers and I am currently finishing off their medium station and I was wondering how you glaze your windows. I usually use Brassmasters Windows for all my structures, whether Scalescenes or wholly scratch built with a perspex backing from a Bachman wagon box but was wondering if you, or anyone else has successfully used one of the various glue n glaze products available?

Repair work time to fix backscene that had pulled away from the wall at the top.

I can only assume that the glue used, a high performance gripfill had decided in the recent heat to give up the ghost and loose adhesion - installed 2009.

Didn't want to drill through back scene as this would only fix in specific points so came up with this hand made picture frame type clamp that would hold the entire length between the curves back to the wall!

IMG_0402.JPG.665bdfe68af13e628a2e1bbaa265964f.JPG

Two pieces of moulding, one the thickness of the back scene board and other 5mm wider to give a lip fixed together.

I needed a strong liquid glue so tried Gorilla Wood Glue which was applied to the gap and left to trickle down behind the board, additional applications added until no more disappeared, plus I only had 15mins work time so I couldn't spend all day on this bit.

Pre-drilled holes lined up both mouldings and wall plug, both screwed back to wall which pulled the backscene back against the wall - an idea that works.

Glue appears already to have gone off as the original crack appears stable and not flexing when pushed.

Time will tell!!!!

After tidying up and about to leave the railway room an unusual train movement caught my eye so a quick picture taken

IMG_0401.JPG.8a8d77497405fe1b62c3ca164c2080cf.JPG

I really must remove the location names as it looks wrong to me as completely out of region, I suspect no names would be better than odd names...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 10