RMweb

And The Next Photo Will Have

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Next - something old with something new.

Fifty years or so between these two prototypes.

post-408-0-06506100-1501979932_thumb.jpg

Something with a third (or fourth) rail please. And that includes Hornby Dublo as well as the more obvious Southern Region. (Other 3rd rail systems are available)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Here is No 1, no Thomas

It's RSH no1 (ex-Meaford) as at the East Lancs Railway when the line first opened in 1987.

post-20773-0-76154300-1502134098_thumb.jpg

(I really wish these kits would become available again), i'd love to get another.

Lining is Class 303 blue train lining transfers, with LNER pressfix numbers.

Blue is S&D Prussian blue.

The body kit is sitting on an Electrotren Santurce HO chassis, held on using neo magnets.

How about No 2 next ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

everything I had of the right area was the wrong era, and everything of the right era was the wrong area!! But I did find this from Trainworld, Napier, NZ. LMS Royal Scot 6103 'Royal Scots Fusilier' hauling the Cornish Riviera Limited... something for the purists!

8301879038_f8de801cc0_c.jpg

it's technically a GWR train so I'm not counting it... but found it amusing and wanted to share!

• RMweb Premium

everything I had of the right area was the wrong era, and everything of the right era was the wrong area!! But I did find this from Trainworld, Napier, NZ. LMS Royal Scot 6103 'Royal Scots Fusilier' hauling the Cornish Riviera Limited... something for the purists!

it's technically a GWR train so I'm not counting it... but found it amusing and wanted to share!

Is trainworld a shop or an exhibit?

it's an exhibit, with maybe 6-8 layouts. And because it's on the first floor it has an actual funicular to get wheelchair users up the stairs!

8300819615_4a81eaa63f_c.jpg

This is their main layout, but they also have some smaller ones. A US shelf layout, a German HO layout. Though all being automated they're not (or weren't when I was there in 2011) at the level of running you get at an exhibition. Though killed off a rainy afternoon

Edited by bimble