Locomotionmodels.com NEW RELEASES...

Fell? They've got a model of the transmission in the NRM.  :)

Title: Working model of the Fell Transmission as fitted to the British Railways diesel locomtive No. 10100 Object Number: 1958-73

http://nrm.org.uk/ourcollection/usingtherailway/CollectionItem?objid=1958-73&pageNo=377

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1

One of my work colleagues said he would really like to own an example of Stephenson's Rocket modelled to current standards.

A very good idea. Some of these ancient machines would make very attractive models. How to do it, though? Perhaps motorise a coach and use it to push an unmotored models?

• RMweb Gold

Steam guess:

35029 Ellerman Lines, unrebuilt (and I'd love it to be Blue, but reckon it'd be green)

Diesel guess:

D200

Electric guess:

Resigned sigh guess.. 47798 as Bachmann are jobbing out 47's like Lima this year.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Last time I was wandering around the NRM I was taken with the idea that Locomotion might very well produce the LNER Dynamometer Car, something that would be really interesting and unusual but something that would probably sell quite well. Obviously Sandra's initial post put an end to such thoughts but I still think it would be something that would generate a lot of interest. Wishlisting - guilty as charged!

all the best

Godfrey

Your wish has been granted, but by Rails, not Locomotion..

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121800-new-brand-new-model-rails-exclusive-lner-dynamometer-car/

Guest spet0114

Cool! Nice to see the old RES livery revived. I'm now inclined to agree that there's a fair chance this'll be the 'New' model.

I hope so as I started a new topic back in December 2015 when they repainted it.

• RMweb Gold

Being only an idiot photographer the pictures are the wrong way and I can't turn em around!! I'll do it again!!

Thanks Sandra,

If you posted portrait pics on the phone it turns them sideways as it puts the long side across. Take the photo with the phone sideways (landscape) or crop them so they are wider than they are tall.

Edited by PaulRhB

Ok here you go...... a very lovely Prince Henry 47799 to match Prince William , produced in 2013.

And, a model asked for every week the City of Truro with red frames. Also going to make the city with black frames

47799 is a good idea – the matched pair was called for to the extent that I bought two 47798s so that I could re-number and re-name one. I suppose it is sensible to match the finish of 47798 but what a shame that 47798 appeared before the advent of NRM gloss. If ever a locomotive called for a gloss finish, it’s a royal one.

• RMweb Premium

Glad to see the Royal to make the pair, although I would still like to see them in the RES version of the livery!

Glad to see the Royal to make the pair, although I would still like to see them in the RES version of the livery!

• RMweb Gold

Nice new liveries and all but weren't they supposed to be brand new models?

New model? It's just semantics as many times it is used to mean new moulding or new livery.

I'm afraid it's common usage everywhere to use it to describe minor alterations as to a complete retool whether it's models or cars etc ;)

Just think how glad your wallet is :)

Edited by PaulRhB