CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

The sounds are indeed well matched....

I suppose the Early crest on BR lined green is in the same catagory as the BR 1956 coaching stock roundels on Crimson and Cream mk1s? (Mentioned seemingly ages ago on this thread!)

I do so prefer the earlier BR emblem....and C&C coaching stock. :)

Edited by Sarahagain

You are right, the volume of the blower needs reducing. I was going through the F-keys when I came across the "ejector" sound on F-key #8. As soon as I heard it I knew I had a use for that. It will be transferred to F'key #4 so it is readily accessible on my Lenz LH90 handset.  

I hope GWR aficionados will not be too upset when I tell them that ZS017 sound decoder is not a GWR Pannier Tank.

COME ON, COME ON Don't leave us in Suspenders, WOT IS IT THEN? :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

COME ON, COME ON Don't leave us in Suspenders, WOT IS IT THEN? :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Sorry for late response. Been recovering lost files right back to 2014 from when I got Windows 10 on a new PC. Files and single documents had been disappearing for no apparent reason, anyway, I found something that looked like it might do the job and left the PC on all night. Everything is now backed up on an external drive and already I can see the 2014 folder with all my photos is there. The picture below is from it and in fact this loco  provides the answer to your question.... Digitrains soundfile ZS017.... Lanky Tanky.....

post-6680-0-56427200-1503739155_thumb.jpg

An ugly brute that was most at home among the L&Y soot and grot, but would hardly look at home on a GWR country branchline.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Sorry for late response. Been recovering lost files right back to 2014 from when I got Windows 10 on a new PC. Files and single documents had been disappearing for no apparent reason, anyway, I found something that looked like it might do the job and left the PC on all night. Everything is now backed up on an external drive and already I can see the 2014 folder with all my photos is there. The picture below is from it and in fact this loco  provides the answer to your question.... Digitrains soundfile ZS017.... Lanky Tanky.....

attachicon.gifWEB Lanky Tanky.jpg

An ugly brute that was most at home among the L&Y soot and grot, but would hardly look at home on a GWR country branchline.

You could always paint it green!

• RMweb Gold

You are right, the volume of the blower needs reducing. I was going through the F-keys when I came across the "ejector" sound on F-key #8. As soon as I heard it I knew I had a use for that. It will be transferred to F'key #4 so it is readily accessible on my Lenz LH90 handset.  

I hope GWR aficionados will not be too upset when I tell them that ZS017 sound decoder is not a GWR Pannier Tank.

The whistle did sound rather 'unusual' I thought'

Yesterday dull weather was used to catch up with other things like spraying coach chassis and ends with 'weathering'. It turns off the shelf models into layout models although i never weather the coach sides. That is an art in itself if it isn't to look overdone IMV.  Below are just a few that were done yesterday starting with an LMS coach. One wheel is obviously catching the sideframe. I should add that the carmine red is mine...

post-6680-0-78781200-1503744506_thumb.jpg

A through coach used on the summer extras to Barmouth....

post-6680-0-34648800-1503744508_thumb.jpg

This Hornby Collett was resprayed with a glossier carmine to represent a recent repaint, so the chassis is less weathered...

post-6680-0-44369400-1503744509_thumb.jpg

In contrast, a grottier Hawksworth coach that retains its 1949 paint job....

post-6680-0-64344700-1503744510_thumb.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 17

When the first engines were painted green at Swindon, the early crest had not been superseded by the later crest.

For the record, roundels on crimson & cream coaches is wish-fulfillment by heritage painters and is historically innacurate. BR only started applying roundels after BR maroon livery had been adopted.

I have always thought that the use of green on "everything", not just express passenger locos, dated from 1956...and the new crest.

At the same time that WR Chocolate and cream coaches, and SR Green coaches made a comeback?

It is perhaps timely to slip this picture in from a few years ago. This initial flowering of Ellesmere North was in fact a 'coming out' at the time after years of keeping my Western tendencies private...  :biggrin_mini2:  Looking at it now (it is from another recently recovered file), it wasn't a mile off Carrog...

post-6680-0-92610700-1503848168.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 18

It is perhaps timely to slip this picture in from a few years ago. This initial flowering of Ellesmere North was in fact a 'coming out' at the time after years of keeping my Western tendencies private...  :biggrin_mini2:  Looking at it now (it is from another recently recovered file), it wasn't a mile off Carrog...

attachicon.gifWEB Scenery 38 Ellesmere.jpg

If I looked back at pic's of Pencarne Junction and the Videos from then, it's not that far off what I have now.

WE MUST BE MAD to keep getting almost there, ripping it up, diverging and then coming back to where we were.

Glad I'm not alone Larry. Cost me a small fortune to get back to where I was.

• RMweb Gold

If I looked back at pic's of Pencarne Junction and the Videos from then, it's not that far off what I have now.

WE MUST BE MAD to keep getting almost there, ripping it up, diverging and then coming back to where we were.

Glad I'm not alone Larry. Cost me a small fortune to get back to where I was.

What worries me for both of you is that now having achieved (or getting ever closer to) nirvana you'll rip it all up and start on something else - again :O   Lovely stuff and very interesting and educational & enc following the development of your ideas and your various build threads but I'm not surprised it's costing a small fortune.

PS memo to self - must see how much track I can recover off the abortive portable layout and will the 'baseboard' box sections be strippable from their existing battleship level of strengthening?

• Like 2

What worries me for both of you is that now having achieved (or getting ever closer to) nirvana you'll rip it all up and start on something else - again :O   Lovely stuff and very interesting and educational & enc following the development of your ideas and your various build threads but I'm not surprised it's costing a small fortune.

PS memo to self - must see how much track I can recover off the abortive portable layout and will the 'baseboard' box sections be strippable from their existing battleship level of strengthening?

I'm O.K. now Mike, I still have LOADS to do on the main Layout, and then I have Much Dithering as a stand alone project one day, that part is operational, and will sit like that until the day comes when I need to look at it scenically. 

• Like 1

PGH and I discussed this very things months ago but the marine ply and roofing felt are still waiting for action.  It'll never happen though seeing as I will require all the outdoor width for double track when the next layout is built haha....

You've been watching my Kings Moreton and Pencarne Junction Videos with long passing Freight, hahahha :nono:  :nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Re the discussions regarding the Mainline Manor, it can be made into a good model, but it needs the following : Change chimmney and safety valve for nice lost wax ones, a complete new chassis plus lots of small details.

Here is my P4 example with a Whitbourne Models chassis kit, and replacement chimmne and safety valves in lost wax. I have also made up the botom of the boiler. Not yet finished but getting there.

post-20690-0-80629300-1503945722_thumb.jpg

post-20690-0-26810700-1503945747_thumb.jpg

post-20690-0-40110400-1503945782_thumb.jpg

The first 2 pictures are taken on my photo diarama which is OO so P4 is a bit awkward to fit. Note to self, I need to create a P4 photo stand!

Love the layout coach, just proves that a realistic layout can be made in OO.

David

Edited by Norton961
  • Like 5