13 minutes ago, 46444 said:

Cracking snap CK... 

Full of Hymek loveliness... :D

Needs an Ivatt........

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

53 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hymeks were relatively rare visitors down the branch from Leominster, but this one was pressed into service, when the booked 350hp diesel shunter on the branch tripper failed on Leominster shed:

20210215_162757.jpg.2c8276593951bc3d6c4392c160879182.jpg

10/10 for artistic composition. The Hymek is nicely framed by the lamp hut and the Tilley lamp post, so that it looks a complete scene rather than a crop of another. 

Model making isn't half bad either ...;)

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

The more I look at it, the more I think that that "Hymek" picture is one of the very best model railway images I have ever seen...

There is something there that goes beyond well taken picture etc, something that gives it that feeling of been there, and just how BIG locomotives (or any stock!) actually are when you are up-close and personal with them in a yard setting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I have also given this some thought. 

When Bethesda rightly appears in MRJ, that's the image for the front cover....

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Make it black and white and it would be even better....Colour pictures never quite work as well for me as "art"

The lighting aint ever quite the same and the contrasts between colours are too strong, but that could just be me being a little pretentious ;)

• Like 1

I have exactly the same sort of problem. You only have to look at the number of my posts which are edited with the caption: Stupid Autocorrect. For some reason this glorified speak and spell ignores the fact that I have an "A" level in English.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hymeks were relatively rare visitors down the branch from Leominster, but this one was pressed into service, when the booked 350hp diesel shunter on the branch tripper failed on Leominster shed:

20210215_162757.jpg.2c8276593951bc3d6c4392c160879182.jpg

All very nice, but...

is Bethesda Sidings on a Red route?

20 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

All this talk about Art (Darling!) has made me keen to explore the visual manifestations of nuanced shadows, juxtaposed in the contextual environment of the ethereal realisation of conceptual reality.

So here it is in black and white, with the lower part slightly cropped:

20210215_162757_a.jpg.233358b373455c12a6f5296b88af0992.jpg

I have to put up with that kind of BS for real, which is why I enjoy coming on here and being normal (ish)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hmm.

Does it need to have a tender behind?

Hmm, hmmm.

Ya Mein Herr.

Mark (46444) has done some very nice things to several examples from Bachmann on his Bloggie thing...

R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

is Bethesda Sidings on a Red route?

No, it's a blue route, but in an emergency the Divisional Control discussed the situation with the Civil Engineer and a decision was made to permit the move, subject to a couple of additional speed restrictions being imposed over a pair of culverts.

The line from Leominster as far as New Radnor was eventually upgraded by the GWR, to match the route availability of the extension to Rhayader, when the latter stretch was built in the early Edwardian period.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3