RMweb

2ManySpams

the work on the SB is coming along great and like the lift off roof  for detailing adjustments later on. as long as you remember that when you lift the board once SB is fitted haha

I fully agree with you on that either in blue or grey full yellow ends to me was the biz. RF grey red strip is my favourite out of the grey / multi-grey era. one thing I do hate is sector plating as to me spoils the paint scheme but also the loco`s visual lines (fussy git that I am lol)

forgot who posted this somewhere earlier in the thread, although no snow ploughs and looking faded/dirty 37672 red strip still looks mean ready for business.

attachicon.gif37672.jpg

Railfreight grey suited the 37's well. Definitely my favourite livery for these machines!

Ken, wish you'd have told me earlier about the RTR signal box!

The one I'm biulding is coming along nicely (IMO), here's a few more tasters:

attachicon.gifCopy of IMG_2726.JPG

attachicon.gifCopy of IMG_2727.JPG

attachicon.gifCopy of IMG_2728.JPG

attachicon.gifCopy of IMG_2729.JPG

Lots of work left to do on the window frame surrounds, guttering and interior but structurally it's just about there.

Oh, probably needs some paint at some point too....

The signal box is looking fantastic! Excellent work!

A live cam at the real box wouldn't be that interesting to watch - unless you had a fast forward until a train arrived! 

Yes but there would be lots of other activities - such as tea making and pasty eating.

We must try and get down your way again Craig, I've hinted to the guys at Exeter show so fingers crossed

• RMweb Premium

Quite a few do have an array of blinds in those windows though ;) Not sure if they did IDitD times alas......I was only just leaving skool in the  late 80s!

Older photos show 15 of the top glass panes painted white so that's what I'm going for. Means that I'll have to glaze the windows though.

• RMweb Gold

Been out to buy some more plasticard sheets to continue with caravans 1 & 2 - still experimenting with creating van 3 in a burnt / burning condition....  (....where's the butane.... ? ) 

Chaps at work have brought in some homemade treats today. Black pudding pork pie and scratchings.

attachicon.gifIMAG4379.jpg
attachicon.gifIMAG4380.jpg

You did well to photograph these before eating...

• RMweb Gold

You think my doors are funny?

You should see where I put them on.......

attachicon.gifDSC_0920.jpg

Only because they have the red strip on the inside too - even a virtually blind person could tell if the doors were shut if they were inside the building...

A file, eh, not a lump hammer - Chris, he must really respect your building !

Edited by Stubby47

chris you could put some card in to look like the blinds have been drawn and a sign saying  " closed for pasty hunting season " saves doing the interior then. apart from a small hole for the webcam to peak through. ooo  there`s a thought  a pink  primered peak sat on the turntable  ha ha

oops sorry all them snack shots confused me then, time for more coffee.