Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

2ManySpams

The vans look well suited too their location but one small ( well two ) minor details are missing. The bucket and spade for when the inside loo breaks / blocks up, because the surrounding bush`s look too harsh and prickly to GO in.

Talk about a double look moment when I saw the two van shots, such character and atmosphere is outstanding a brilliant job all round by everyone involved. 

Chris are you sure photo taking is hard work as it seams Andy Y is lurking in the bushes, I reckon he hunting that mini roll down for himself he he he ( cant blame him either )

look forward to a full spread layout pic posted, Have great time all :-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well having visited DitD this morning, I can confirm that the Mini-Roll is in an advanced state of decomposition, having passed through the tender hands of the British Postal System, but happily Stubbies vans survived unscathed.

It was great to meet John and Damien, although unfortunately I missed seeing Chris.

It was the first time I'd seen DitD in the flesh, and the photos I've seen on here really don't do it justice. I could have happily stood staring at it for hours, taking in all the details, but unfortunately my daughter wished to move on...

Never mind, as I have lots of photos of my own now, including these two:

Here's Old Gringo in a pensive moment carrying out a tricky shunting maneuver:

post-17302-0-57856500-1376749371_thumb.jpg

And here's a close-up of one of the vans, showing the tasteful fabric with which Stu had upholstered the couch:

post-17302-0-43606300-1376749381_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately Mr Ross was a tad camera shy, and never appeared from behind the backscene...

Thanks to John and Damien for taking the time to chat, and congratulations to all of you, It's an amazing layout.

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 6

What a fantastic layout this is!  I saw it at Midland Railex today, and spent ages watching it, even though 4mm diesels are not normally my thing.  There were so many small details to take in, such as the overgrown concrete pads between the building and the caravans in the corner.  And the lighting with daylight energy saving spiral lights particularly caught my eye - it gave a very convincing impression of daylight. Great stuff.

Douglas

• RMweb Premium

Stop Press. Announcement in pub from Johnnie Waterbottle... The elastic has gone in his undies. Thanks for that John.

Sitting in a first class compartment on the exhibitor's special train. John has just made a follow up 'pants' announcement... Today's pants are "really good".

c

Hi DITD crew.

I've been a long time follower but only saw this in the flesh for the first time today. All I can say is the cracking photos on this thread really don't do the layout justice.

Stubby's caravans look perfectly at home & the painted doors look great too. The mini roll was still intact this morning.....

Thanks to Damien & John for taking the time to chat.

Cheers

Sam

• RMweb Gold

Is the Mini Roll going to be a standard packing feature of Stubby's new business venture? It certainly seems a lot more appetising than those polystyrene 'wotsits' that I sometimes get in parcels - they're not even cheese flavoured....  :P

• RMweb Gold

Sorry that I haven't been able to get to see this, such a raft of positive comments. Where will DitD pop up next?

Any (all) of Spam's posts have a link to the exhibition appearances blog for this layout and "BCB", "Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away", "The Old Man of Lochnagar with Diesels" and other layouts from this esteemed group of modellers.