2ManySpams

Does this mean a possible new layout with lots of electrics buzzing around?

As titled " A story "  about a dump folk lived in before a tidal wave flattened it and a better place to live was built with proper  diesel trains and not lecci trains  :jester:

well one can hope.

Are you enjoying the Network South East book ,could still be the basis of a layout.

To be honest it's nothing to with modelling more about a professional interest and an insight into negotiating the political monster that is the railway!

The NSE story is about riding a wave, a moment in time, possibly unrepeatable.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

To honest it's nothing to with modelling more about a professional interest and an insight into negotiating the political monster that is the railway!

The NSE story is about riding a wave, a moment in time, possibly unrepeatable.

I remember some of the specials and open days that Gerald Daniels organised. Among them was a run from Salisbury to Yeovil with Clan Line which I took my Dad on. While we were at Yeovil there was problem further west which threatened to make a right horlicks of everything. As I understand it, the crew were given the choice of waiting for something like an hour and a half or running in the path and timings of the delayed 'service' train.

No prizes for guessing what they chose to do. All stops were made with the train stewards jumping off at each station assuring passengers that this really was their train. Only a 'Cardiff' in the way at Wilton prevented an on time arrival at Salisbury.

• Like 2