RMweb

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Nice Pastie in the Cakehole shots! San Miguel beer, John????

I'll give Cornwall (and the UK in general) top marks for meat pies and pasties BUT New York is numero uno for Cheese Cake......................................................

At the weekend I was drinking Fuller's "London Pride" in NYC - from bottles. Tasted good though.

Best, Pete.

Agreed about Cheese Cake and while I would not normally argue about London Pride, did you try their New York beer? - (Proper beer, not Lager!) - the Beers at the Hartland Brewery are to be recommended.

Best pasties in the World are deffo in Cornwall - One brand had a great shop in Truro when I lived there.

• RMweb Premium

Anyway, the photos Damian was probably thinking of.....

A couple of the long building in place:

A few vehicles:

A couple of unusual angles:

Terrific progress Chris.

Edited by Neal Ball

Looking good mate where did you get the loco resprayed to?

Thanks for the compliment - especially since its such a poor picture.

All of the 37's were resprayed by Jon Gavin at Peak-Dale works.

He's made an excellent job, I'm very pleased with them.

Just in the process of re-wheeling and chiping 521, a flush fronted machine. Jon used a Rail Express limited edition for the basis of this one because of its flush fronted nose.

• RMweb Gold

Damian, hi

Is DitD penciled in to appear at the Uckfield 2012 show? (its hinted at on their website)

If so...I might just have to book my flight tickets now...would love to get to see the layout.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

I believe his neighbour is called Manuel!

¿Que?

Where you flying from?

In the words of Basil Fawlty..."I am so sorry...he's from Barcelona"... :sungum:

Would love to see the layout...and Uckfield is always a quality show...logs on to easyJet.com now...

• Like 1

¿Que?

In the words of Basil Fawlty..."I am so sorry...he's from Barcelona"... :sungum:

Would love to see the layout...and Uckfield is always a quality show...logs on to easyJet.com now...

Hope you can make it, please say hello.

I agree Uckfield is a cracking show, we took TG there a few years ago and were impressed by the consistant high quality of all the layouts.

Yes Pete, I'm O.K. thanks. However, yesterday I was completely exhausted and nearly hoarse after Spalding Show last weekend.

Of course, it wasn't from operating Treneglos (which is always a lot of fun), or from driving the van right across the middle of England, but from the consumption of fine ales, hearty breakfasts, mugs of tea and tasty pies!

Got it all to look forward to again this weekend at the Warley show, except I'll be operating noisy Class 37s and 08's, instead of graceful T9's, gutsy N class, 2-6-0's, brand new Beattie Well-tanks and lots of mucky Spam tins!

I'm hoping to meet some more RMwebbers too and this weekend talk about "the way of the lizard"!

Isn't this a great hobby?

All the best, John.