Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

2ManySpams

Hornby dcc on board 56032 rtr in metals is the one to use for 013 no need for a re-spray then and no the yellow 37 was suppost to go to nr but it never happened as far as i know? Atleast its painted up in something thou unlike the rusted messy 37255 residing there! You'd think they'd do something about that but nope obviously there not wanting to sort her out and give her a lick of paint to stop her rusting up completely! :(

Regarding using 56032 as a base model, while it's true that it will avoid a complete repaint. Trying to remove the etched nameplates without damaging the surrounding paintwork will be 'fun' to say the least. Especially considering the large size of them.

Cheers

Regarding using 56032 as a base model, while it's true that it will avoid a complete repaint. Trying to remove the etched nameplates without damaging the surrounding paintwork will be 'fun' to say the least. Especially considering the large size of them.

Cheers

Yes true but luckilly theres gaugemaster model strip around 6 quid a tub an it removes all printed on details thou don't get it near the cant line or that will go bye bye two! I use this regularly thou i'd advise not leaving it to work its magic say over an hour and half as after that the paste can fade the area you've brushed it on to so be careful if doing it and i wouldn,t recommend the jels as they burn the paint of the model stay well clear of them!

Hi Damian,

I am not sure if have posted on this thread before but it's a great layout.

Talk of the class 56 had me thinking because I remember seeing something about 56013s visit in a Rail mag. I found it today so if you can get a copy of Rail number 118 March 22- April 4 with the Experimental Crompton 83301 on the cover it has a nice little article by John Vaughan about 56013 visit with some black and white pics of it working some CDAs and assisting the failed 47815 and sleeper train then working LE to Drinnick Mill and Goonbarrow.

Hope this is of some help, 56013 would look great on the layout.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Damian,

I am not sure if have posted on this thread before but it's a great layout.

Talk of the class 56 had me thinking because I remember seeing something about 56013s visit in a Rail mag. I found it today so if you can get a copy of Rail number 118 March 22- April 4 with the Experimental Crompton 83301 on the cover it has a nice little article by John Vaughan about 56013 visit with some black and white pics of it working some CDAs and assisting the failed 47815 and sleeper train then working LE to Drinnick Mill and Goonbarrow.

Hope this is of some help, 56013 would look great on the layout.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the compliment.

Rail 118?

It's a times like this perhaps I should of kept them instead of having that clear out.....

Would it be cheeky to ask if you could scan it?

Damian,

Whichever route you choose to model 56013, a couple of things to note are that at the time of it's Cornish trial it had oval buffers at the No1 (radiator) end and round buffers at the No2 end. Also it had aquired a diamond mesh grille over one radiator panel as opposed to the original Romanian square mesh, see here;

http://www.class56group.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/56013_Toton_10-10-93DH2.jpga

So, either way, there's a bit of extra work involved.

Clive.

Thanks for the compliment.

Rail 118?

It's a times like this perhaps I should of kept them instead of having that clear out.....

Would it be cheeky to ask if you could scan it?

No worries, I will sort something out.

Cheers Peter.

Damian,

Whichever route you choose to model 56013, a couple of things to note are that at the time of it's Cornish trial it had oval buffers at the No1 (radiator) end and round buffers at the No2 end. Also it had aquired a diamond mesh grille over one radiator panel as opposed to the original Romanian square mesh, see here;

http://www.class56gr...0-10-93DH2.jpga

So, either way, there's a bit of extra work involved.

Clive.

Hi Clive, it seas error 404 page not found when you click on your link chap?

Sorry about that, dunno what went wrong there. Hopefully this works.....

http://www.class56gr...uk/photos-56013

Yes thats very nice, two questions tho....

1) The depot plaque, is that Knottingley?

2) Is she still around, or has she been scraped?

3) The first 30 were built in Romania?

Yes I know thats 3.....

1) The depot plaque, is that Knottingley?

Thats a Toton depot plaque.

2) Is she still around, or has she been scraped?

No longer around as far as I know, however I'm happy to be corrected.

3) The first 30 were built in Romania?

Indeed. If I'm correct, 56031-115 were built at Doncaster.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Edited by Wayne 37901

Thats a Toton depot plaque.

No longer around as far as I know, however I'm happy to be corrected.

Indeed. If I'm correct, 56031-115 were built at Doncaster.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Toton!

Whoops.

I've always been very interested in these plaques but never bottomed out how many there were. I've got the BR design manuals for the time but this gives no clue, just showing 'typicals'. There is also a display of them on the wall in the NRM, but only a selection.

Is there a definative list somewhere?

Toton!

Whoops.

I've always been very interested in these plaques but never bottomed out how many there were. I've got the BR design manuals for the time but this gives no clue, just showing 'typicals'. There is also a display of them on the wall in the NRM, but only a selection.

Is there a definative list somewhere?

This might be worth a look....

http://www.depotplaques.com/

• Like 1

Hi there guys

Going through the (many) pictures I took of BZ for the DITD period, most contain a DMU lurking around the depot somewhere. Have you thought of a Bachmann 108 or Lima 121 / 122 for the layout? I know it's primarily to feature the freight locos, but DMUs were a staple part of the scene for many years.

• RMweb Gold

Any way, yes, the 56's sound very different, they have an evolution of the class 50 engine in, but do not whistle like the 50's, they scream like the HST's!

When I worked at Dartford, 56s were used on - I think - coal to Northfleet for the Blue Circle operation. The return trip was one I seemed to see quite often, as it ran mid-morning, I think. Dartford has 15 mph PSR through the platforms, and when the driver felt able to open the throttle after observing this, the sound was very impressive!

Hi there guys

Going through the (many) pictures I took of BZ for the DITD period, most contain a DMU lurking around the depot somewhere. Have you thought of a Bachmann 108 or Lima 121 / 122 for the layout? I know it's primarily to feature the freight locos, but DMUs were a staple part of the scene for many years.

Yes i two remember seeing these types of DMU when going round the curve on my hols to Newquay so would be good to have one or two stabled on shed.

For something different, how about an NSE 101, set 101 842 ended its days in Cornwall, although possibly a little late for the chosen period.

Oh, by the way. 50k views now. Congtatulations!!!

Thanks!!

I can't believe it really, thanks for all the interest,

In fact its now 50 021 - Rodney - the name of one of my two cats.!!

Edited by Indomitable026

Wey Hey!

50 046, my other favourite, and the name of my other cat - AJAX

She should have been preserved.........

Well, I guess a lot of her was, just not all in one piece......

Hi

I trust you don't mean the cat!!!!

Anyway some pics of your fav Cat on Clay Duty on 20/9/90 at Lostwithiel....

I had assumed this was the Silver Bullet but if memory serves me right these photo's were taken around 3pm & at that time I was only learning about Clay Trains.....I

Wey Hey!

50 046, my other favourite, and the name of my other cat - AJAX

She should have been preserved.........

Well, I guess a lot of her was, just not all in one piece......

Hi

I trust you don't mean the cat!!!!

Anyway some pics of your fav Cat on Clay Duty on 20/9/90 at Lostwithiel....

I had assumed this was the Silver Bullet but if memory serves me right these photo's were taken around 3pm & at that time I was only learning about Clay Trains.....I Still am !!!!

post-7844-0-83053900-1316203101_thumb.jpg

post-7844-0-49821100-1316203304_thumb.jpg

Hopefully my notes are an accurate description of the train I saw.I gnore the and below bit

Cheers BILL

• Like 3