2ManySpams

Generally at a show we will write a snag list of jobs and issues that have arisen and that need fixing for its next outing. This time the list ended up being pretty hefty with 40 plus items on it, although quite a few are oustanding jobs rather than new problems. This was a job for the journey home - half an hour to write the list and the rest the day was spent wriggling out of the jobs nominally allocated to you. This is the list as noted;

1 Dirty Mark in backscene

2 Sleeper missing on joint

3 Install two signals

4 Paint chimney base

5 Coupling heights

6 Unblock pork pie machine

7 Drapes - all velcrow

8 Ground signals

9 Bolt in short backscene near canal

10 Wagons weight - standard

11 37670, stiff bogie one end, lights failed one end

12 08 Rods catch back scene

13 Open out bolt holes

14 Blacken bolt end for frontage

15 Clean pipes on No 2 beer pump

16 Repair trees

17 Chairs missing on point

18 Clear flangeways on rear road

19 Add weeds to shed gutters

20 Chip and re wheel two more 37's

21 Replace chip in 37670 to ZIMO as 37674

22 Clean all wheels

23 Use spare SWD chips in parked 37's just on tick over

24 Locate Cornish pastie receipe

25 re wheel third 08 and weather to match standard equired

26 Spare chip from 08, reblow for ticking over 47

27 Hooks on back of controllers

28 Shelf for main controll box

29 Try and find a way back to Cornwall next year as we currently have no invites

30 Shed roof, gable missing

31 Piece missing off repair shop gable

32 Build display boards to hide main fiddle

33 Two vertical supports for sign's

34 Exhibition badge board

35 Point levers

36 Track cleaning wagon

37 Signal box

38 Build yellow brick building

39 Order Lizard motif shirts and polo shirts

40 and pants and hats

Phewww

and all for Warley

Two new arrivals

post-8734-0-89145400-1314728073_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-56993800-1314728138_thumb.jpg

ppphhhhoooorrrrwwwhhhh

All looking good and nice new additions, just one thing is the 37412 body from trains on time? I've noted over the last few months they've been filling up ebay with there gastly over priced wrongly finished 37 bodys! Using wat must be an over flow of un sold G,A 37425 shells think they've done every 37/4 which worked north of the border but many mistakes made theres to many warning flashes for it to be a late 80's early 90's model + there up to date versions post 1998 and the cant line sits lower down as is correct for EWS 37425 but wrong for every scottish 37/4 there flinging on ebay!

Cheers Rich.

All looking good and nice new additions, just one thing is the 37412 body from trains on time? I've noted over the last few months they've been filling up ebay with there gastly over priced wrongly finished 37 bodys! Using wat must be an over flow of un sold G,A 37425 shells think they've done every 37/4 which worked north of the border but many mistakes made theres to many warning flashes for it to be a late 80's early 90's model + there up to date versions post 1998 and the cant line sits lower down as is correct for EWS 37425 but wrong for every scottish 37/4 there flinging on ebay!

Cheers Rich.

Yes, yes and yes.

Good points, well made.

I'm on the case trying to sort it the best I can, although I suspect this 'short cut' may take me longer than the time I've saved........

There's no hiding on this web-thingey, is there?

ha ha ha ha

• Like 1

Yes, yes and yes.

Good points, well made.

I'm on the case trying to sort it the best I can, although I suspect this 'short cut' may take me longer than the time I've saved........

There's no hiding on this web-thingey, is there?

ha ha ha ha

Evening Damian,

Eye no lol clocked dat wi the numbers as they are an thought ahh another one of them trains on time rush jobs! Easy fix i buy there 425 body as is to re-work an i find hmg thinners (howes models stocks it) is the best solution using johnsons buds very damp just rub gently away on the cant line and extra dotted all over the place warning flashes an they will come off fela;) then its just a case of re applying the cant between the blue & rail grey line and adding the one or two warning flashes on the body sides not forgetting to add red old styleys over the 4 on the noses two like while your at it i'd get some custom large logo white numbers made from John.P at precision labels and remove t,o,t's attempt that all do her she'll look superb then chap.

Many Thanks, Rich.

Evening Damian,

Eye no lol clocked dat wi the numbers as they are an thought ahh another one of them trains on time rush jobs! Easy fix i buy there 425 body as is to re-work an i find hmg thinners (howes models stocks it) is the best solution using johnsons buds very damp just rub gently away on the cant line and extra dotted all over the place warning flashes an they will come off fela;) then its just a case of re applying the cant between the blue & rail grey line and adding the one or two warning flashes on the body sides not forgetting to add red old styleys over the 4 on the noses two like while your at it i'd get some custom large logo white numbers made from John.P at precision labels and remove t,o,t's attempt that all do her she'll look superb then chap.

Many Thanks, Rich.

Thanks for that.

BTW, I'm always intrigued by peoples 'rmweb names', so why 60098?

Thanks for that.

BTW, I'm always intrigued by peoples 'rmweb names', so why 60098?

Hi Damian,

Shes just a top machine now sadly rusting away @ Toton but theres just something about her well named after mr Brush himself + its a huge nameplate with nice plaques so thought i'd have her number as a means of tribute to a cracking TUG at the end of my name:)

Ah I get it now.

Just googled 60098 and it came up with this pic of 60098 at Leicester in Construction colours.

very nice....

http://www.martinbra...-leicesterd.htm

Shame we don't build anything any more

Hi Damian,

Yes shes a true beast isn't she in construction and ew&s lovely machine which probably will go for scrap at some stage now her gutted body luys at toton with the others rotting away unfortunately who'd of thought that 60's would start to be withdrawn and stripped so soon after entering traffic unlike there english electric predesesers which are still not doing bad after 50 yrs actually only 66's coming in to the country which knackered everything up and saw the big withdrawals of decent loco's in place of these sheds horrible machines i gave up going out when they took over such is progress thou and luckily cracking layouts like yours reverberate to the sound of english electric engines good old days atleast we have our memorys :no:

Hi Damian,

Yes shes a true beast isn't she in construction and ew&s lovely machine which probably will go for scrap at some stage now her gutted body luys at toton with the others rotting away unfortunately who'd of thought that 60's would start to be withdrawn and stripped so soon after entering traffic unlike there english electric predesesers which are still not doing bad after 50 yrs actually only 66's coming in to the country which knackered everything up and saw the big withdrawals of decent loco's in place of these sheds horrible machines i gave up going out when they took over such is progress thou and luckily cracking layouts like yours reverberate to the sound of english electric engines good old days atleast we have our memorys :no:

It's funny, and that picture at Leicester reminded me, the 60's started out their short lifes in long lines parked up at Brush (waiting for acceptance - or what ever) and they are finishing their lifes in long lines - at Toton.

What a shame they can't be made available to other operators. A crime similar to that of the standard classes at the end of steam.

Perhaps I need to squeeze one in at BZ? A little out of my period perhaps?

It's funny, and that picture at Leicester reminded me, the 60's started out their short lifes in long lines parked up at Brush (waiting for acceptance - or what ever) and they are finishing their lifes in long lines - at Toton.

What a shame they can't be made available to other operators. A crime similar to that of the standard classes at the end of steam.

Perhaps I need to squeeze one in at BZ? A little out of my period perhaps?

Hi Damian,

Yes that is so true at brush awaiting approval for months/years in long lines and now awaiting scrapping at toton in long lines! Don't think DB are willing to sell any on thou don't think they have to buy law? So they'd rather them all just rust to the rails as they are doing now.

Maybe freightliner would be interested in a few but can't see drs wanting them unless for there intermodal trains they'd look a bit weird pulling a couple of flasks.

Well if you can stretch to transrail days think they were there on test from 1994 and working the bullets from 1995 onwards so maybe? They are a cracking model much like others from Hornby its just warranting them on your time period kida.

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure the old "modellers licence" could be applied. 60's entered service in 1990, so I'd have thought one would have made to St Blazey as either a demo to R/F Staff or for artisan training. If you want to model an odd ball 60, 60 005 had RF General Sector logos applied for the 1990 R/F calendar pic, so something a bit different. . . . Also how about a 56 too . . . .

Yes theres the modellers licence and i'm sure it would get fellow watchers at exhibitions excited to see a grid or tug on the round house!

i can't find a pic but i'm sure 60034 Carnedd Llewyn also had railfreight general sectors applied for the 1990 calendar aswell those been the same applied to 50149 never got that calendar think rail express re-offered for sale a few years back but forgot to order one!:( also a 56 worked to cornwall on scrap in the early 90's (clocked it on a vid) and i'm sure others did two so a nice grubby cardiff metals sector grid wouldn't look out of place stabled after working the scrap train down south;)

Not quite so simple I'm afraid. Hornby's 56013 was BR Blue, the real thing carried Coal Sector triple grey by the time of it's trip to Cornwall. I don't think Hornby have done a sector romanian 56 so a repaint would be required...

Rail Magazine published an article, written by John Vaughn on 56013's Cornish exploits, detailing it's workings which were as follows;

56013's visit to Cornwall took place on 27th February 1990. It brought a down speedlink to Tavistock Junction, then took 11 CDA's from there as far as Lostwithiel Down loop. Proceedings were then interrupted by the failure of 47815 on the Paddington to Penzance sleeper on the climb up to Treverrin Tunnel. The 56 was sent to the rescue and pushed the sleeper as far as Par. As there was nothing suitable as St Blazey at the time, the 56 then ran round and hauled the sleeper all the way to Penzance! After that it ran light to Burngullow and then to Drinnick Mill for clearance tests. From there it visited Trelavour, Parkandillack and Nanpean Wharf before returning to Par. Finally the loco ran light up to Goonbarrow, thence back to St Blazey to take the 2200 Speedlink back to the Midlands.

Another 56 to have visited St Blazey is 56044 'Cardiff Canton'. There was an event held there on 9th September 1994 to publicise the launch of Transrail, and '044' was one of the exhibits freshly adorned in Transrail livery. There is a photo of the loco there in 'Cornish China Clay Trains in Colour' by Maurice Dart.

Ah right yes i forgot she would of been in trainload coal then! So hornbys 56032 metals model re-worked would saffice then? Correct windows and grills etc.... so seems she had quite an outing dowen there i'm pleased in a way it stayed as 37 motive power on the clays as they were renown down there for these workings! Also 56's did start taking over 37 workings not long after the early 90's so the tractors did well to keep the clay moving till those dreaded sheds arrived here!

I remember in rail mag that 56044 went to cornwall did she also visit exeter rail fair in transrail with a similarly adorned 37412 and a 60 aswell as maybe 31105 all in the big T house colours?

Not watched the video recently but i'm sure its 56032 which was pulling scrap in cornwall filling in for an un available cardiff canton 37/7 think she had red plates then two thou it could of been 56054 either way the grid had a big nameplate.

Not quite so simple I'm afraid. Hornby's 56013 was BR Blue, the real thing carried Coal Sector triple grey by the time of it's trip to Cornwall. I don't think Hornby have done a sector romanian 56 so a repaint would be required...

Rail Magazine published an article, written by John Vaughn on 56013's Cornish exploits, detailing it's workings which were as follows;

56013's visit to Cornwall took place on 27th February 1990. It brought a down speedlink to Tavistock Junction, then took 11 CDA's from there as far as Lostwithiel Down loop. Proceedings were then interrupted by the failure of 47815 on the Paddington to Penzance sleeper on the climb up to Treverrin Tunnel. The 56 was sent to the rescue and pushed the sleeper as far as Par. As there was nothing suitable as St Blazey at the time, the 56 then ran round and hauled the sleeper all the way to Penzance! After that it ran light to Burngullow and then to Drinnick Mill for clearance tests. From there it visited Trelavour, Parkandillack and Nanpean Wharf before returning to Par. Finally the loco ran light up to Goonbarrow, thence back to St Blazey to take the 2200 Speedlink back to the Midlands.

Another 56 to have visited St Blazey is 56044 'Cardiff Canton'. There was an event held there on 9th September 1994 to publicise the launch of Transrail, and '044' was one of the exhibits freshly adorned in Transrail livery. There is a photo of the loco there in 'Cornish China Clay Trains in Colour' by Maurice Dart.

Oh yes a 56 with black diamonds, I'll go for that.

013, as you might expect, has not been without it's issues;

http://www.signalboxes.com/woodend-jn.php

Perhaps I should model it in the canal

Ah what a day chasing that b****r. Here she is arriving back in clay country after the Penzance jaunt at Burngullow.

post-2613-0-81170600-1315652243_thumb.jpg

Craig,

That's spot on.

I'm convinced now, this little project is a goer.

As know little about things 56 I have to spend some time to understand which sort I need to buy.

This afternoons been rather civilised, I spent it "researching" 37's.......

Firstly pipework (as this is my next job i've been putting off), this is 255

post-8734-0-14862100-1315673556_thumb.jpg

And this pair, of which I believe the front one belongs to NR!

post-8734-0-83738800-1315673722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice shot Craig!

Now D, whilst you were researching those 37s this afternoon . . . . . . In between operating Class 20s? (on that colliery layout that you had a hand in building years ago), I was watching little Bagnall and Kerr Stuart, two foot gauge steam locomotives carry lots and lots of happy people around the Apedale museum, near Newcastle-under-Lyme. It's a great venue and well worth a visit plus the New Haden Colliery layout doesn't get out very often!

Now, will this Class 56 make a really different noise to those other diesel locomotives? I'm getting to like the sound of them 37s when I'm stood upon the raised plank at the end of the layout, so make sure you can get a proper sound chip!

All the very best, John.

Edited by Old Gringo

Nice shot Craig!

Now D, whilst you were researching those 37s this afternoon . . . . . . In between operating Class 20s? (on that colliery layout that you had a hand in building years ago), I was watching little Bagnall and Kerr Stuart, two foot gauge steam locomotives carry lots and lots of happy people around the Apedale museum, near Newcastle-under-Lyme. It's a great venue and well worth a visit plus the New Haden Colliery layout doesn't get out very often!

Now, will this Class 56 make a really different noise to those other diesel locomotives? I'm getting to like the sound of them 37s when I'm stood upon the raised plank at the end of the layout, so make sure you can get a proper sound chip!

All the very best, John.

Well nice Mr 'Owd Grinder'

I'm worried that you like the sound of the 37's, what happened to your 'they killed steam' mantra?

Any way, yes, the 56's sound very different, they have an evolution of the class 50 engine in, but do not whistle like the 50's, they scream like the HST's!

Anyway it's not the sound effects you should be worried about, its the exhaust. If you can imagine a really smoky smelly allotment fire? Then stick a couple of old car tyres on it. Thats some way towards how the 56's ran..........

Hang on a minute, did you say class 20's running on New Haden?

Edited by Indomitable026

Hornby dcc on board 56032 rtr in metals is the one to use for 013 no need for a re-spray then and no the yellow 37 was suppost to go to nr but it never happened as far as i know? Atleast its painted up in something thou unlike the rusted messy 37255 residing there! You'd think they'd do something about that but nope obviously there not wanting to sort her out and give her a lick of paint to stop her rusting up completely!:(