2ManySpams

I'm secretly building up an alternative EM DCC fleet to run when we send you for lunch,,, :diablo_mini:

Wouldn't it look good with a selection of dirty hydraulics? ;)

You've used the word secret???

Dirty hydraulics - oooo yes - all those wonderful sounds

Perhaps some corporate sponsorship? Hey Andy?

Edited by Indomitable026

Personally I never understood Western's fascination with "hydraulics" - some German influence in Swindon, perhaps? :crazy_mini:

But, then you must remember that one of my "favourite" locos was the Brush Type 2.................I used to watch them "zip" by my house in Shenfield from 1958 (including the slightly later lurid paint jobs).

Best, Pete.

Personally I never understood Western's fascination with "hydraulics" - some German influence in Swindon, perhaps? :crazy_mini:

But, then you must remember that one of my "favourite" locos was the Brush Type 2.................I used to watch them "zip" by my house in Shenfield from 1958 (including the slightly later lurid paint jobs).

Best, Pete.

Brush Type two's? They were my earliest memories of railways, rail blue examples shunting coal/ grain on the crossing at Louth, which at that point was a freight only branch from Grimsby - a far Cry from the GNR Grimbsy/ Peterborough/ London main line it once was.

That said its the other type two's that really do it for me.

One of the concepts that is kicking around for a future layout in 'O' gauge is "Mc Rats on the Clyde" which yes, would be full of sulzer type two's, and it would be based on half of Motherwell shed in Green/Blue era......

Lot's of old ex steam buildings with smelly diesels. I'm sure its been done before

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh, I'm with you for an O "McRats on the Clyde". People forget the "smell" yet it is the most evocative sense.

Best, Pete.

Pete

Think you need to give up this living in the US of A and move over to the East Midlands and join the BS MRG. Damian and John would love your help with their current and future projects and we do occasionally have problems finishing all the pies.....

Pete

Think you need to give up this living in the US of A and move over to the East Midlands and join the BS MRG. Damian and John would love your help with their current and future projects and we do occasionally have problems finishing all the pies.....

Tis true we need more members.

Warley was a real struggle with only 3 of us.

I've not mentioned to the team that one of the invites we recieved over the weekend was for both the layouts at the same show!!

• RMweb Premium

Tis true we need more members.

Warley was a real struggle with only 3 of us.

I've not mentioned to the team that one of the invites we recieved over the weekend was for both the layouts at the same show!!

Cloning required me thinks....

Stranger things have happened.

Best, Pete.

What, we thinking 'Britians Got Model Railway Talent' style??

Perhaps we could have a more 'room 101' approach where some one pulls a lever and the offending item disappears into the ground.

This could include layouts, people, food and beer we dont like.

Edited by Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

D

Think there's some crossed wires here... Think Pete's "stranger things have happened post" refered to him coming to live over here. This crossed with my "X Don't like this post" refering to smells behind / on layouts....

Edited by 2ManySpams

What like Sweeney Todd? Convert them into pies? Too fatty for my taste.....

And yes I have many talents but precognition is not among them - Chris and I posted at exactly the same time....... I do like the idea, though, of jetting into England just to work on a layout, very cool. My personality (let's face it - it's what it is all about) is very sociable, I get on with most without being obsequious although I do tend to take over even very large gatherings......if allowed to. :senile:

Best, Pete.

Both layouts at one show ,just run between the two it will make you fit ,or else put El Gringo on a wire bet he would complain suspended above the two!

I suppose as long as I had my branded shirt on, I could be the original Flying Lizard then ? Thanks guys!

• RMweb Premium

D, you'll be gutted by the news that Ultrascale are unlikely to be doing EM wheelsets for the Cl22. The 'on axle' pickups don't suit their production methods for spoked wheels.

(60989 btw)

Edited by 2ManySpams

D, you'll be gutted by the news that Ultrascale are unlikely to be doing EM wheelsets for the Cl22. The 'on axle' pickups don't suit their production methods for spoked wheels.

(60989 btw)

Sing;; "whats that coming over the hill?? is it as monster? is it a monster?

I going to buy them all up and have them melted down - thats the wheel sets and the loco's

Young Mr Spams sent me his like earlier, its a bit of video footage of the layout at Warley courtesy of them chaps at BRM.

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Features/Video_Highlights_from_the_2011_Warley_National_Model_Railway_Exhibition/

I'm chuffed to bits we are considered a highlight.

Our bits about a quarter of the way in.

Enjoy......

• Like 1