2ManySpams

As usual Rail-Ex NE was a great, well organised show and always attracts good D@E layouts

This year I had to see Blackmill and Diesels in the Duchy. It was a bit touch and go as I was on call all weekend and indeed I spent all Saturday night in Durham and all day Sunday in Belfast! so I felt quite lucky to have gone Saturday morning.

What can I say about Diesels in the Duchy that has not been said?? It really does look fantastic in the flesh, far better than any magazine spread or video can do. The buildings and greenery are sublime and all light from the cracking lighting rig (what bulbs are those?) illuminated it beautifully. I was stood next to Mr Gallon and we both commented on the flowing curves the layout had.

To all those involved, well done on a fantastic layout and thanks for bringing it to the North East. Below is a little video I did.

Guy

Edited by Poindexter
  • Like 13

You're worried, we are hosting them near the end of October. Pies and stockings.......... the mind positively boggles.

:O :jester:

Its good to be forwarned of these 'things'. After doing a week of nights (with the big train set) and taking Avon Junction to Chelmsford on the Saturday, I don't think my eyes could take much more strain, going to Uckfield on the Sunday. :O

Colin

Viewed the layout at the Blyth show today, looks fantastic in the flesh.

The display lighting is excellent, it was too busy to approach you and ask about it! I wonder if you would be kind enough to explain how you achieved it.

Regards,

Lee

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Basically there are three lighting units, of the type shown in the picture below, mounted from front to back of the layout at roughly 1/4, 1/2 & 3/4 spacings.

Each unit has 4 daylight energy saving bulbs, which I think are 100 watts each giving 1200 watts overall for the whole layout.

There not cheap but I think you agree there worth it.

post-8734-0-53721600-1347201562.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved the paperwork for the upcoming Uckfield exhibition on 20th & 21st October 2012.

It says there is a multitude of scales; 1:24 (G9), 7mm/ft scale (S7, O, O-16.5), 1:64 scale (S), 4mm/ft (P4, EM, OO, OO-9), 3.5mm/ft HO, 2mm/ft and 2mm finescale.

Wow! what a spread.

I just need to work out which one I am........

• RMweb Gold

Just recieved the paperwork for the upcoming Uckfield exhibition on 20th & 21st October 2012.

It says there is a multitude of scales; 1:24 (G9), 7mm/ft scale (S7, O, O-16.5), 1:64 scale (S), 4mm/ft (P4, EM, OO, OO-9), 3.5mm/ft HO, 2mm/ft and 2mm finescale.

Wow! what a spread.

I just need to work out which one I am........

We are providing some of the 2mm/N entertainment with Totnes. Should be a good weekend, always a good show.

Jerry

Now I know who it was in the mask...

I need a mask at the minute.

Both Hello and OK magazine have called this morning requesting an exclusive...

I guess its been leaked that i'm featuring in British Railway Modelling next month on the Black Country Blues project - in my slippers!

I need a manager...........

• Like 1