2ManySpams

Same here....something different to point the camera thjngy at :) and they seem to sit in the station sidings at Sheffield Midland in the afternoons for a fair time ....

Nice, the old order returns.

What with 37670 at Kingsbury, numerous 56's at Burton, 50026, 56091 & 56311 at Derby station and the usual 31's at the technical centre - its been a very good week - and i'm not even a spotter!

• RMweb Premium

. . . . and that was with only one 20 running!

Certainly inspirational. . . .

Makes you feel like modelling a pair of 20s with DCC sound . . . .

A DRS depot layout would certainly be interesting for the variety of traction (mainly EE powered) and traffic. Or maybe a signing on point in some neglected run down location, as a shunting / DCC test plank.

Edited by richierich

• RMweb Premium

Also here is an example (courtesy of wnxx.com) of the reposition air horns on the Class 37/5s (this being 37680, but 37688 had similar treatment, plus I think 37425 in the twilight of its career with DBS), which was done for certain gauge restricted routes around Yorkshire:-

thornaby120305dnewby.jpg

and at nearer to St Blazey (sadly from 1999 so out of period) . . . . (courtesy of http://fewsfots.jalbum.net/DEVON/?autoload=image14)

37680.jpg

Guess its a Class 37 Deltic?

Edited by richierich
  • Like 4

Also here is an example (courtesy of wnxx.com) of the reposition air horns on the Class 37/5s (this being 37680, but 37688 had similar treatment, plus I think 37425 in the twilight of its career with DBS), which was done for certain gauge restricted routes around Yorkshire:-

thornaby120305dnewby.jpg

and at nearer to St Blazey (sadly from 1999 so out of period) . . . . (courtesy of http://fewsfots.jalb...utoload=image14)

37680.jpg

Guess its a Class 37 Deltic?

Thats very nice Rich, I could do with a construction machine on the layout.

Does anyone know if one got down between 88 & 92 - the period DitD is based on?

More woodwork on Black Country Blues today! - she's coming on now......

see link below for progress.......

Damian, Been watching, very entertaining.

Best, Pete.

Thanks Pete,

Dunno if thats good or bad?

Anyway, i've to sharpen up shortly, DitD's going to Uckfield show - and - his nibbs (you know, A York) wants to come and photo the layout.

Do I need to wear a tie?

ha ha.

• Like 1

Probably.

So, he must have plans for the layout? Btw has it been in any mags yet?

Best, Pete.

You know that's the funny thing. I committed to Rail Express, they have been inspirational over the years and generally right on with my views and period. On that basis I have turned down all the other publications, several times, man of my word and all that lot. They took the photo's in, well lets just say the first quarter of this year and, i've heard literally nothing since.

The moral?

I've no idea.

Anyway I said to AY the other day if he was still interested then it's up for grabs.

I think he is because he's been seen frothng at the mouth ever since.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Pete,

Dunno if thats good or bad?

Anyway, i've to sharpen up shortly, DitD's going to Uckfield show - and - his nibbs (you know, A York) wants to come and photo the layout.

Do I need to wear a tie?

ha ha.

Might need clean socks, pants and to perhaps brush your hair....Oh, and some proper shoes.

• Like 2

Shower?

Yes I like Rail Express too. I like the mix of it. It is a good read. Also that and Back Track are two of the few that one can find frequently on mag shelves over here (and Model Rail but I preferred it when Chris edited it).

Rarely see BRM on the shelves, if at all, unfortunately, because I've enjoyed everyone I've read too.

Cheers, Pete.

Shower?

Yes I like Rail Express too. I like the mix of it. It is a good read. Also that and Back Track are two of the few that one can find frequently on mag shelves over here (and Model Rail but I preferred it when Chris edited it).

Rarely see BRM on the shelves, if at all, unfortunately, because I've enjoyed everyone I've read too.

Cheers, Pete.

Steve, if you're there, once you've managed to get BRM in WH Smiths on York station (yes I know) perhaps send a few stateside......