2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Not sure what we will do about sound for these or the D600s?

I'll chuck a few old spanners in a metal bucket and shale it around a bit. You get the microphone ready on your Raspberry phone thingy. There sorted. :lol:

Slightly smaller bucket and fewer spanners for the D6300s?

I'll chuck a few old spanners in a metal bucket and shale it around a bit. You get the microphone ready on your Raspberry phone thingy. There sorted. :lol:

Slightly smaller bucket and fewer spanners for the D6300s?

Niether were that reliable so perhaps the sound of silience is more apt :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Another little gem for you:- http://peterrfoster2.../p55027455.html

D6304 along side the shed in 1967, in the background is a rake of vans either to or from Par Docks.

Great photo - just need to change a 3 to a 0 on my 22 (and re-gauge to EM) and it can run on DitD. Love the wagons in the background - was going to ask what would be around for the earlier period.

Great photo - just need to change a 3 to a 0 on my 22 (and reguage to EM) and it can run on DitD. Love the wagons in the background - was going to ask what would be around for the earlier period.

They look like Pal-Vans to me.

I'll look into if Parkside do them.

Also this period was 'pre-clay hoods' i.e. flat tarpaulins. Need to also find a good five plank wagon for these - not the Bachmann one!

• RMweb Premium

They look like Pal-Vans to me.

I'll look into if Parkside do them.

Also this period was 'pre-clay hoods' i.e. flat tarpaulins. Need to also find a good five plank wagon for these - not the Bachmann one!

Parkside do a GWR O13 clay (Kit PC82) My link but the text says they were all gone by late 50s. What replaced them?

They also do a BR 12 Ton Palvan (PC65) My link. Have one nearly finished for TG.

• RMweb Gold

Parkside do a GWR O13 clay (Kit PC82) My link but the text says they were all gone by late 50s. What replaced them?

They were replaced by an almost identical design of BR built wagon (same 9ft wheelbase so they would fit on the existing unloading equipment at the docs).

Ratio make a decent kit of these - Ref 542.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's the one. They are the same diagram as the Bachmann RTR ones, but have much nicer undergubbins.

Just forget about the hood and make some flat tarpaulins for them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On Wheal Elizabeth, I used Colin Ashby diag 013s for the 1958-62 period (albeit removing the DC brake gear and replacing with Morton), then Ratio diag 1/051s for both flat tarp and hoods, fitting Dart Castings axleboxes instead, Smiths wagon sheets make nice tarps when scrunched up and rolled in china clay (yes really!). Hoods are made from Euthymol toothpaste tubes, similar to the method Geoff Kent uses for wagon sheets in his 4mm wagon books.

I've certainly seen 1/051s with flat tarps still being used in the mid 1980's.

Cambridge Custom Transfers now do a sheet for the 1/051 too.

Nice layout by the way. We need more china clay layouts!

Andrew

• Like 1

On Wheal Elizabeth, I used Colin Ashby diag 013s for the 1958-62 period (albeit removing the DC brake gear and replacing with Morton), then Ratio diag 1/051s for both flat tarp and hoods, fitting Dart Castings axleboxes instead, Smiths wagon sheets make nice tarps when scrunched up and rolled in china clay (yes really!). Hoods are made from Euthymol toothpaste tubes, similar to the method Geoff Kent uses for wagon sheets in his 4mm wagon books.

I've certainly seen 1/051s with flat tarps still being used in the mid 1980's.

Cambridge Custom Transfers now do a sheet for the 1/051 too.

Nice layout by the way. We need more china clay layouts!

Andrew

Ullypug,

Thanks for your advice on this.

'WE' is a great layout too.

never seen it in the flesh tho....