2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Someone on the right does need a haircut ,probably doesnt know French for it ,maybe ,not being rude ,did you enjoy your trip to Blighty?

Yes, most of it was pretty splendid, thanks. I anticipate getting my hair cut in the village of Beaufay in about 4 weeks time - Deb and I will visit the lovely lady who fitted her with a wig before her chemo-therapy. Deb's hair is now growing back a little, and I haven't had the heart to have mine cut, as she prefers mine this length or longer! The Tonbridge show was a marvellous balance to my visit the previous few days to an ailing skoolfriend, who has since passed away.

If all this sounds dreary - well it's just part of life and we have to get on with it. Tonbridge and the people I met there were anything but dreary, smashing afternoon!

• Like 1

We have good days and bad days but if we all keep smiling it will seem not so bad hope your other half keeps well,my wife has been through it twice and is okay now.Were abouts is the town your getting a haircut,Tonbridge seems to have been a freindly exhibition with very goods layouts and some extremely freindly exhibitors! Chris.

• Like 1

Can I just say that at Tonbridge we know people travel a long way to bring their exhibits to us, especially for a one day show, all we can do is find very well built layouts and ask the owners/operators if they are willing to attend. The fact that our show has been so well recieved this year is a very big plus to us. Ian, sorry to hear about your friend, but we are delighted you enjoyed our show so much.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

Were abouts is the town your getting a haircut

Beaufay is about half way between us and Le Mans - say about 110 miles WSW of Paris. Just a little village, slightly off the beaten track, but very well-kept - and as all French women are passionate about their appearance, the hairdresser continues to flourish.

Apologies to Damian & co for the hijack!

Nope. That would have had a black buffer beam. My turn for a little guessing game them :wink:

Sadly I had to sell the loco in my avatar pic - could always do another at another point in time though I suppose.

Love DitD btw... Though defiantly needs more Vacs - a few Large Logos ones for 1988 me thinks... :good:

Here's a large logo one from out of the cabinet.....

post-8734-0-53886100-1330600827_thumb.jpg

• Like 3