2ManySpams

Interesting to see that John was still eating pies back when Victoria were on't throne. Do you think he'll be OK now National Pie Week is over? ;)

You're right. I assumed that was a photo of "Mr. Pastry" (Richard Hearne) - a children's television personality (i.e. pre-celebrity) when it was steam powered......

Best, Pete.

Victim of Pie Prejudice

• Like 3

Just spotted this on one of my brief visits south-westwards; duly obliged as it's a lovely shot. Hopefully I will get chance again at some point to wave a camera at the layout.

Interesting to see that John was still eating pies back when Victoria were on't throne. Do you think he'll be OK now National Pie Week is over? ;)

Brief visit? - you should spend more time.....

Thanks for the quick response on the shot, and yes you are very welcome to come and 'waft' your camera over the layout soon. We've got a show in April and May, and young Spams wants the pub board between the shows to sort the street out, so I'm guessing sometime after that.

Pie week has been very funny, it's almost as if Chris Evans has been looking through our sketch book.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Many Thanks

and how it looks over 2 screens.

post-14408-0-59839500-1331418621_thumb.jpg

All the best to everyone involved with DiTD

Ken.

Ken

Have you thought of doing the right hand side as a mirror image?

Edited by 2ManySpams

Content flurry it was, looked at the PC before retiring for the night and there were 48 emails from the Duchy

Yes we did seem to thrash it a little - RMweb that is.....

I remain worried about what other photo's may appear from the camera of Spams.

Alternative nights in Truro perhaps Gringo?

• RMweb Gold

Actually it's given me an idea, why don't we have a competition?

What stock could we get away with on the layout with out it looking too out of place?

How about some 00 steam locos ?

Lets get back to diesel trains in the south west shall we.

The period I have modelled St Blazey is 1988 to 1992. (For me a very interesting period. the railway was leaving the drab years of rail blue behind, we had large logo, railfreight red stripe and all of the sector liveries. We'd never had it so good!)

So what? I hear you say.

Well the round house itself was taken out of use in 1987, which is why you never (normally) see anything parked in there on the model, although it is all wired and it all works.

So just for a bit of fun how about his for a line up?

post-8734-0-52168900-1331480787_thumb.jpg

And the two track workers on the left still don't look very impressed.

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Lets get back to diesel trains in the south west shall we.

The period I have modelled St Blazey is 1988 to 1992. (For me a very interesting period. the railway was leaving the drab years of rail blue behind, we had large logo, railfreight red stripe and all of the sector liveries. We'd never had it so good!)

So what? I hear you say.

Well the round house itself was taken out of use in 1987, which is why you never (normally) see anything parked in there on the model, although it is all wired and it all works.

So just for a bit of fun how about his for a line up?

post-8734-0-52168900-1331480787_thumb.jpg

And the two track workers on the left still don't look very impressed.

Can you put that Merchant Navy back?

Just spotted this on one of my brief visits south-westwards; duly obliged as it's a lovely shot. Hopefully I will get chance again at some point to wave a camera at the layout.

All is well with the world, as I'm having PIE for my grub this evening. And what a pie it is!

post-10252-0-83308600-1331494039_thumb.jpg

No Lizards were harmed by the baking of this culinary delight (and that's a blackbird pie funnel beak before you all start and Andy gets his mucky filter out).

• Like 14

All is well with the world, as I'm having PIE for my grub this evening. And what a pie it is!

No Lizards were harmed by the baking of this culinary delight (and that's a blackbird pie funnel beak before you all start and Andy gets his mucky filter out).

Erm

hang on a minute??

isn't that ....erm?

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 1

Mrs Gringo

Thats amazing!!!!!

• Like 1