A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Bleat Wharf. Breakfasts and Backwaters. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Rob,
I really wish I had longer than a couple minutes with which to gaze in awe at Bleat Wharf and take photos, as it truly features some fantastic modelling. You may see the rough edges, but trust me; not many people (if any!) do. I can feel pretty confident in saying that given I am very much in the same mindset; I knew exactly what was "rough" on Sandy Shores, yet for some reason all I seemed to receive were compliments! Seriously, I really hope I get a proper chance to see Bleat Wharf; you seemed to have developed a knack for modelling the last years of steam very well indeed. I thought the concrete roadway at the front was particularly convincing; not least because of the really subtle textures you've managed to recreate. Given that John Betjeman's film immediately sprung to mind when I wandered on over during the end of the show, I think you've done a cracking job.

SWAG6.jpg

Thanks for your kind comments Jamie. Lovely photo as well. 

I watched yesterday,  once again, Branch line Railway and once again enjoyed it as I never fail to do. 

I am so very glad I took the decision to rip up Bleat MK 1 before Christmas and start again. The first incarnation just didn't feel right. This version does and it really does capture the look and feel that I wanted. 

I can now concentrate on adding a few details as working through the snags as I see them.......however, at present all I want to do is play trains and that can't be bad...........

Rob 

Edited by NHY 581
trying to type with hooves...not easy
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, mullie said:

I didn't see any rough edges either but then I suppose it is a bit like a music performance. The performer knows where all those little errors are that not noticed by the audience.

As I said to you, I feel you have caught a real sense of S & D atmosphere with the layout that places it geographically however much you might like a J70 or J15!

Would now like to see the other layouts in the saga for real.

Martyn

Morning Martyn, 

Thank you........I must say I thought the J70 from Upwell looked very much at home on Bleat, courtesy of Wiggers. 

Mutton will be at the Exmoor show in Minehead on Aug 3rd and at Railex in Taunton at the end of October. 

Be good to see you if you pop into either. 

Bleat is at the SDJR Trust show at Edington in January and the Small Cardiff show the same month. Nothing after that at present.  

Nothing booked for Sheep Lane as yet. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Taunton show is one I enjoyed last time, in 2017, so I might manage that this year. Although it's awfully close to the next Brexit deadline, and I need to be here on that date if things aren't good. I do not fancy arriving back in France to be told I can only stay three months in my own home....

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

I can see what you are doing here with your evil Western Region ways.........it's Midland engines here, Brinkers Minor......do you hear!...Midland I tell ewe........Derby............not yer products of Swindon.................

Damn your insolence, Sir!............

Grayson will see you in the boot room at 4pm sharp for the finest of fine thrashings..........

Sir, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing when it comes to punishments! :biggrin_mini2:

I consider my bottom well and truly thrashed! :D

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

Hi Rob,

Are you still taking Mutton to the Midland Small Layout showcase in June?

Al.

Yes I am Al. I have just ordered my ham sandwiches from Nick. 

Lovely show. 

See ewe there? 

R

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Brinkly said:

Sir, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing when it comes to punishments! :biggrin_mini2:

I consider my bottom well and truly thrashed! :D

f34122185a66caf3ee089a65c1d9ad26.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Yes I am Al. I have just ordered my ham sandwiches from Nick. 

Lovely show. 

See ewe there? 

R

Yep, definatebly... :scratchhead:

Al.

Edited by Alister_G

• RMweb Gold

We have the next weathering subject...........

20190501_195833-01.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

No, my name really is Mr Definitely. Maybe. Perhaps. Nowandthenwiththewindbehindme.

Ah, so that's why the outdoor interview was no good.. 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

A long way from home, the weather-beaten brake van ponders its next journey on a bleak and windswept old wharf on the Bristol Channel.

20190502_211412-01-01-02.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Really like those photo's the type 3 looks fantastic. Sign of things to come maybe! ;)

Steve.

Nope. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2