RMweb

Any News/Photos from Telford

deltic17

I couldn't make it this year but had expected to see a few updates on here from the top show of the year but there doesn't seem to be anything?

Sounds like a 25/3 from Heljan & a 14xx tank from Dapol.....

....but anything thing else????

If anyone can provide any news/photos that would be appreciated by many of us I'm sure. Thanks in advance.......

OP posted at 22:00 Sat night, & no avalanche of replies a mere 10 (overnight) hours later??!!??

Aren't you forgetting O Scale isn't called the 'Senoir Scale' for nothing - they're all still in bed!! :jester:

I can only add Iron Mink vans from Minerva to the list, as new product releases/announcements aren't something I focus on, but as I got my new 8750 Pannier from them, I did see the wagons.

Also Helmsman Controllers had something about Radio Control on their stand, but I didn't investigate further.

I went yesterday, my first time surprisingly since I've dabbled in 7mm a couple of times in the past. I enjoyed it a lot and am very glad I went as having seen just what's available and possible in the larger scale it's really cemented my desire to 'go' 7mm proper once and for all. I actually went along with every intention of buying a Heljan Warship and a few milk tanks but, alas, a potentially expensive gearbox repair looming with one of the Minis has put the purchase on the back burner for a while longer. Once the Mini is sorted I'll be selling it and putting some of the funds towards the 7mm gear. This was my first chance to see the Warship up close and it captures the real thing beautifully, as does Pete Waterman's new D6xx and D63xx kit. The new 47 from JLTRT looks very promising too. Walking round both halls I was very impressed by the various building kits on offer, particularly the laser cut wooden ones from different sources, not to mention the huge number of smaller bits 'n' bobs on offer, including some of the Skytrex lineside stuff which looked surprisingly useful, given a tweak here and there.

I copped an eyeful of the Terriers and 08s for the first time on the Dapol stand, an 08 is simply a must have for me, I just need to work out if the bodytsyle / number range it represents is good for a WR one! The 45xx and Panniers in the display case looked beautiful. The milk tanks look the part to my eyes, I know they've caused some grief for some folk but with a repaint and some weathering they'll do for me. The 61xx Prairie on the Heljan stand looked about right to me, despite the smokebox not fitting right on the painted and weathered example, it just needed refitting I think. There seemed to be a lot of s/hand rolling stock for sale too, some of the GW / LMS / LNER / SR / BR parcels stock looked very tempting.

The standard of layouts and modelling were very high - a good show all round I thought and felt encouraged to pursue 7mm further, even though I only came away with a bag full of black & white WR photographic prints courtesy of Roger Carpenter... it's amazing what you can find when you rummage through those little boxes..!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well..... I`ve taken a few video`s from yesterday.... the last two are from Warley last year  so to save camera memory etc I`v used these.

HARLYN PIER.

PAVILION END

WOLFE LOWE

BRIDGWATER

JOHNSTOWN ROAD

Cheers

John

• Like 5

I'm just back from a quick visit (couldn't get there till half two). RTR Y9's on the Furness Wagons stand were tempting as were Alphagraphix's new Col Stephens Brass coach kits. I just bought a s/h wagon in the end, already lettered up for my local quarry.

Layouts on show were excellent, particularly the Cambrian Rlys one.

I too went to Telford yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed what was on display and on offer, excellent standards of 7mm modelling, both on layouts and on traders stands to behold. Some quality locos and rolling stock on offer on the Executors & Trustees stall as well as tools and sundry equipment at very tempting prices. I would recommend this show to anyone who has even a passing interest in O Gauge modelling to go to this exhibition if they can.

Best

Guy

Well..... I`ve taken a few video`s from yesterday.... the last two are from Warley last year  so to save camera memory etc I`v used these.

Cheers

John

Thanks for posting these John,  couldn't make it there this year so the videos are nice to see,  sadly the Bridgewater video isn't available on my computer,

says "Private Video",  perhaps Youtube has messed up at the controls again !    Anyone take any photos of the Broad Gauge layout that was there,  "Gold Corner"  ?

The show this year was excellent again,in fact so much so that me and my mate nearly ran out of time looking at all the goodies on offer.

And like last year,the numpty that i am did`nt check the batteries in the camera properly again,so i could only take a few shot`s of the layouts i liked......

Anyhow,here are some pictures of the five layout`s i liked,each for a different reason.

Craig Wen, (white rock)   a nice simple small layout with some interesting operational potential.

On a personal note i think this could be really be detailed to death,so it could have more of an industrial feel to it,but then that`s just me.....

post-19751-0-18921500-1504469575_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-51974700-1504469578_thumb.jpg

Thanasse Cabusart,    something different.....

post-19751-0-34795800-1504469718_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-38254400-1504469722_thumb.jpg

Wolf Lowe,   again abit different with some interesting scene`s to look at.

post-19751-0-60960500-1504469810_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-45067900-1504469813_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-49505100-1504469807_thumb.jpg

Pavilion End,  Really liked this one,a simple track plan with a really nice overall look to it.

post-19751-0-21177100-1504470148_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-80688200-1504470150_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-99607300-1504470153_thumb.jpg

Harlyn Pier, for me this was the best layout at the show.....Beautifully done,with lots of little details to see here and there...could have watched this all day.....

post-19751-0-95750200-1504470389_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-91096000-1504470392_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-91352000-1504470395_thumb.jpgpost-19751-0-62527200-1504470398_thumb.jpg

Brian.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

HARLYN PIER.

PAVILION END

WOLFE LOWE

BRIDGWATER

JOHNSTOWN ROAD

Cheers

John

Just to say I think I`ve `unprivatised` the last three of these vids

john

• Like 1

Did my eyes deceive me or did the new batch of 08s on display not have those brass spacers fitted ? One or two of the models on the stand were old stock with but most seemed to without, I wanted to ask them but couldn't get a word in whilst i were there. Be good if it was.

The JLTRT stand had prototypes of the Derby railcars, golly they were beautiful, even in grey and no windows. And they will be doing all variants as well :-)

The LLC 48hp was delightful and no doubt will sell thousands !

Did my eyes deceive me or did the new batch of 08s on display not have those brass spacers fitted ? One or two of the models on the stand were old stock with but most seemed to without, I wanted to ask them but couldn't get a word in whilst i were there. Be good if it was.

The JLTRT stand had prototypes of the Derby railcars, golly they were beautiful, even in grey and no windows. And they will be doing all variants as well :-)

The LLC 48hp was delightful and no doubt will sell thousands !

Yep, they have got rid of those horrid brass spacers, well they would, wouldn't they now I got rid of my ones.....

Martyn.

Did they give any indication of timing? I'm hanging for a West Riding set..