fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

Why can't VIOLENCE be taken out of Model Railway clubs. Less then a hour to go before a exhibition opened last week and already a fight has kicked off outside between rival model railway clubs. I know there is Massive gang rivalry in the hobby, and now we are getting clubs coming over from Europe just to fight. if you think English Model Railway fans are bad, the German Ho9 gauge lot are really giving the hobby a bad name.   Please guys, think, this weekend leave the modelling knife at home and don't pack snooker balls in socks when you go to a exhibition.   Let's return the hobby to a family friendly experience and not go back to the dark days of the 80's, which nearly got many model railway exhibitions banned.  lol

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I was in the doctor's surgery waiting room this morning when I heard someone talking about going into the "wrong" pub in Sunderland ... apparently this was the one used by the local model railway enthusiasts and everyone else knew it, keeping their heads down and quietly finishing off their drinks and leaving before the enthusiasts arrived, taking over the place and becoming rowdy and argumentative, and quick to pick a fight with anyone they didn't like the look of. Before the long the beer glasses and fishplates were flying around. Why can't they channel their aggression and need for fighting into a different hobby, I wonder?

What gets me is the wanton destruction when they charter a train to take them to an "away" exhibition. Seat cushions, light fittings out of the windows, toilet rolls streaming down the track, abuse from the droplights at every station they pass. And don't get me started on rucksacks and offensive weapons.

Why can't VIOLENCE be taken out of Model Railway clubs. Less then a hour to go before a exhibition opened last week and already a fight has kicked off outside between rival model railway clubs. I know there is Massive gang rivalry in the hobby, and now we are getting clubs coming over from Europe just to fight. if you think English Model Railway fans are bad, the German Ho9 gauge lot are really giving the hobby a bad name.   Please guys, think, this weekend leave the modelling knife at home and don't pack snooker balls in socks when you go to a exhibition.   Let's return the hobby to a family friendly experience and not go back to the dark days of the 80's, which nearly got many model railway exhibitions banned.  lol

As this little boy been at the cider barrel, I recon so.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Its the disability scooter jousting matches you have to watch out for at some shows, especially when they reverse at speed by mistake...

...oops, not politically correct :nono:

Dava