fighting at exhibitions

Selkent

• RMweb Gold

3 of us are going to Peterborough today, we're going to watch out as there's a rumour the fans of bladed turbine propulsion and BR ballast ploughs are going to clash with some choreographed dance moves.

We'll stick to the East side or It'll end in tears.

• RMweb Gold

Next thing I know I'm waking up in a hospital bed after having had a centre punch surgically removed from my ar$ehole. I have to return to hospital in a fortnight so they can have another go at reteiving a fishplate.

P

Fishplate? Hmmm. is that a P4 plate, or just 00 finescale?

Mind you, those scale seven chairs make you walk in funny places....

Psst! keep quiet! Here comes the n..............

I did actually see a punch up at an exhibition once, about 15 years ago. A guy in his 40's (?) set about a younger guy in his 20's (?) for no apparent reason.  Location? Worthing, of all places......

We've cleaned up our act since then at Worthing and introduced a one rucksack per person policy too...

Having said that, when we have been on the road with LR, I have seen several acts of ungentlemanly conduct involving pushing and shoving to take pictures. Usually "handbags at fifty paces" but still wholly unnecessary.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

3 of us are going to Peterborough today, we're going to watch out as there's a rumour the fans of bladed turbine propulsion and BR ballast ploughs are going to clash with some choreographed dance moves.

That wasn't even funny.

Just don't go near the Hornby stand and look at the Pantograph options for the 87, rumour had it if you ask five OHLE modellers how to do something you'll get ten different answers before it all kicks off.

OHLE modellers are identifiable through carrying their weapon of choice (a soldering iron), and have developed asbestos fingers to match. Other capabilities include the ability to start an argument in an empty phone box.

I'd be careful there. She's on a very short fuse that one. Last time I saw her doing the conscious uncoupling demo, some poor unsuspecting individual happened to remark that he thought Jackson's appeared to be more reliable.

Ah yes, dear old Glenda too - though how she simply found the time to be an MP, a writer, an Oscar-winning actress, a campaigner for feminism and a niche provider of model railway products was always beyond me.  No wonder some suppliers never grow beyond 'cottage industry' size with all that other stuff going on in their lives ...

• Like 1

I expected the hobby to become so much more genteel when the luvvies started to get involved. Even more so when they started doing demo's and developing special items.

Then things went really downhill when that Australian/American appeared trying to sell wheels. He would always turn up in some strange van that looked totally out of place amongst the Skoda's and Itals out in the carpark and his dress sense was just plain weird. Always p!ssed up and ranting that pinpoints should always be exposed and flanges razor sharp. I saw him have a right go at one bloke. Apparently it was just over the shape of the figures noses on a layout.

I temporarily gave up on the hobby after things really went to pot (ter). That was just after wizard models appeared on the circuit.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

Ah yes, dear old Glenda too - though how she simply found the time to be an MP, a writer, an Oscar-winning actress, a campaigner for feminism and a niche provider of model railway products was always beyond me.  No wonder some suppliers never grow beyond 'cottage industry' size with all that other stuff going on in their lives ...

AND appearing in Ernie’s play, what he wrote...

We should have body searches on entry to Warley, and confiscation of rucksacks in las they contain offensive sandwiches.

Weapons of mass indigestion?

• RMweb Gold

post-6720-0-04314400-1508070393_thumb.jpg

OI! Jackson! NOOOOO!

My dad says it all started when we no longer wanted to follow European standards and went it all alone with the usual British half baked fudge (that eventually spawned the EM Blinders and the P4 Boot Boys et al)...just imagine if something like that happened again today...

However the question I have to ask is, why does (nearly) everyone hate the lads in the corner with the GW terminus layout?