Notice from David Geen who, unfortuately, can no longer attend Bracknell (also posted in Small Suppliers Forum).

As many of you are no doubt aware, I have been looking to retire from trading as DAVID GEEN MODEL RAILWAY KITS for some time. This has become a greater priority with the continued health issues with my wife Dorothy. I had hoped to make Expo, the EM Gauge Society exhibition at Bracknell, my last show, but regrettably, this is no longer possible, and I will not be able attend any further shows.

In the coming weeks, as time permits, I will endeavour to complete existing orders where I can, but once this is done, we will be able to see what stock is left for those who have enquired in the past weeks. I would ask all who pre-ordered for delivery at Expo to get in touch to re-affirm their orders.

We hope that the business will continue, and once the existing orders have been cleared, I can direct my time to securing the future for the existing range.

Dorothy and I would like to thank friends, old and new, who have been very supportive, especially in recent difficult times and hope you have been able to enjoy the range. We look forward to meeting up with many of you at various future events, when we can enjoy being the other side of the counter.

Dorothy & David Geen

Edited by Coach bogie

Seen at the cafe at ExpoEM three years ago...

attachicon.gifIMG_4746.JPG

Will the same 'child care facilities' be provided this year?

:-)

I would have thought a child's digestive system would struggle to cope with a kitten. Espresso yes, kitten?... all that fur!

Maybe best not to risk it before adolescence.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I would have thought a child's digestive system would struggle to cope with a kitten. Espresso yes, kitten?... all that fur!

Maybe best not to risk it before adolescence.

P

Wouldn't it would be better to shave the pussy first then?

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Very much looking forward to this tomorrow. I'll be doing a demo on wagon springing so please pop by and say hello.

Unfortunately a colleague's retirement do tonight means I won't make it to Bracknell for the usual Friday night fight in the Wetherspoons car park though...

Heading down to Bracknell this morning ready to help with setting up starting around 1.00pm. Really looking forward to the weekend and what a great way to avoid Saturday's goings on a few miles further east!

• RMweb Premium

Ken Hill and Valleyfields are coming out of retirement for one more show with me, so I will be heading off soon to load up.

This is always one of the top shows in the diary so whether you model in EM, P4, or anything else, it is well worth coming along.

Hopefully see some RMWebbers there.

Tony Gee

post-1457-0-72316800-1526630000_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Ken Hill and Valleyfields are coming out of retirement for one more show with me, so I will be heading off soon to load up.

This is always one of the top shows in the diary so whether you model in EM, P4, or anything else, it is well worth coming along.

Hopefully see some RMWebbers there.

Tony Gee

attachicon.gifIMG_5177.JPG

Make sure all the joints are lubricated and legs polished Tony, and then do the same on the layout.

Mike.

The car parking availability in the morning less so.

That's a positive. Hopefully, indicative of a very busy exhibition (despite the glorious weather) in combination with the good intentioned fatties of Bracknell pumping the pork.

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Premium

I need to go back tomorrow with my "office" varifocals; with my "driving" variofocals I'm having to get down and squint at the wagons too much.

Immensely enjoyable. Some superb pre-Grouping layouts: Benfieldside, Lee-on-Solent, Valleyfields and of course for me Midland Sidings with Midland wagons galore. BR period layouts need to have some really distinctive character to work for me (personal tast - of course the modelling is first rate): Clutton this time looking fresher and making a better impression than at Scaleforum at Stoke Mandeville where it seemed to me to be looking a bit tired. I think I need to look for longer at Black Lion Crossing to work out what's going on. Flintcombe very nice to look at but a bit let down by the passenger stock - converted RTR vehicles. Surrey Arms I felt could do with more intensive operation - the track layout has scope for simultaneous comings and goings. Tucking Mill would be impressive in any scale.

Edited by Compound2632

Just an FYI...

Eileen's Emporium mostly only had BA sized fixings on display, they have metric but they're behind the counter.

I did feel awkwardly pervy asking the man on the stall if he had metric nuts.

• Like 1

Travelled up from S Wales...so glad. Cracking day, excellent show! Loved Surrey Arms and Midland Sidings. But to be honest there really wasn't a bad one. Excellent trade support as well. If you don't go you'll be sorry!

Mike

Thanks for all the positive comments. Like most shows we can do little about car parking.

The possible reason for overcrowding in the car park this morning was that we didn’t have access to the overflow car park.. When checked this morning, the gates were padlocked.

Edited by Leander