West Somerset WebCams

woodenhead

You've got me watching it now, I am interested what is creating all the smoke further back, i saw a glimpse of the locomotive.

The mic is picking up someone repeating over and over 'Thomas & Percy are waiting for you', it's like a child's nightmare.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Agree 1

They're doing an interesting move here, don't think it would pass H&S here in the UK - permissive block with two trains full of children.

Thomas just has a caboose up front, Percy has what I think is an Alco (hopefully not an Alci) hauling him.

image.png.dadab6437b02ea2b46ddc551482f3e96.png

Following each other down the line at quite close proximity.

image.png.0a782bbe307ebeb1187393d015b5b51d.png

• RMweb Gold

I've been on the Strasburg a few times - during the summer in the open sided carriages is lovely. We've also done a Santa Special.

As much as I like Thomas I do try and avoid "real" railway events with him. I prefer the books and imagination.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

I've been on the Strasburg a few times - during the summer in the open sided carriages is lovely. We've also done a Santa Special.

As much as I like Thomas I do try and avoid "real" railway events with him. I prefer the books and imagination.

They've given him an American accent too, the face has animatronics and he was speaking as he departed.

And I cannot believe I am referring to a blue lump of metal as 'he' and 'him'

Edited by woodenhead

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

They've given him an American accent too, the face has animatronics and he was speaking as he departed.

And I cannot believe I am referring to a blue lump of metal as 'he' and 'him'

VERY glad I've avoided their one then!

A 'milling throng' was at Blue Anchor late today anxiously looking for a train.  Don't know any reason, perhaps a problem, but they were scooped up by the last up train.  It looked pretty chilly there!  Meanwhile a diesel towing a brake van headed for Williton where they both presumably spent the night.

Brian.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I see the weather is good at the railway today whereas it is p#####g down here in 36E and has been all day. Anyway, there is a GW bog cart shuttle between Taunton and BL during the day. Good cooperation between the Railways there.

P

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

Did you see the Duchess earlier?  Due to leave BL at 18:50 I think.  Train just passed BA, 10 on.

Thanks David. I saw it was down there but have not seen it yet. It will be due in to BL soon ish then.