West Somerset WebCams

woodenhead

6 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

You and I aren't doing much work are we, Woody?

I enjoy thinking time in my job - someone poses a question, I have to work out why my answer is right.

Dual screens and remote desktops help too - working from home with everyone else either out or in bed can be lonely so it's nice having background noise that isn't always electronic dance music.  Its the WSR, Dawlish Cam or Puffins in the Shetlands.

Anyway, they made it safely to Minehead

image.png.266881098494c161c9499437baa13f32.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think it's safe to say if you were going to take pictures when it's quiet then go on the Thursday. A lot more packed today and will probably get more so over the weekend.

2019-06-21.png.950cfb60f117890bfbf82c2da33b68fe.png

Jason

……….but, but it's diesels and they smell and all look the same and make farty noises almost all the time. Weathering is shocking and there are all these people that have been released for two or three day from Butlins. NYM for me...…..:diablo_mini:

9 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

……….but, but it's diesels and they smell and all look the same and make farty noises almost all the time. Weathering is shocking and there are all these people that have been released for two or three day from Butlins. NYM for me...…..:diablo_mini:

They're not from Butlins, they are the remnants of the Peak Army summoned by the rasp of Sulzer engine exhaust pipes.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

image.png.9de074208d2dbb2bfbc8c5751a61555b.png

Then it came to a halt with headscratching about the signal across the level crossing, currently stood standing....

image.png.7f6063214d7a416e77c9847e5ad31752.png

Barrier back up and train still standing, orange jacket has gone on for one of the signallers

image.png.52b9309f1a8b41f0a3a2eb2814187a7f.png

Hand signalling over crossing, this is going to make it more of a challenge this weekend

image.png.99ed5cb284726de1a71328dd26152a8b.png

Edited by woodenhead

Is this more webcam issues at Williton - first the other camera had to be taken out of public view due to complaints and there appears to be a big rectangle on the other view now?

image.png.00cb73dfceeffef47de670bdd57b1d01.png

This was an older view, its a field, maybe they are hiding the logo for some reason?

image.png.5a577504b5fd3c194e4fb73aea263892.png

Edited by woodenhead

3 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

That's where the WSR logo normally is.

2019-06-20_(11).png.329b13bda72eeb4a8e5b37902f2dc7b9.png

Just a random photo from the other day which I didn't post due to pixilation.

Jason

Yeah, I dug one of mine out too after posting, it does look like it's the logo they are hiding.

The WSR seems to be going through a bit of a struggle these days what with track renewals and the inability to host heavy engines, especially after just going through a not very successful winter due to one thing and another.  It is admirable that they have rallied but it will be a hard task to raise the amount required to upgrade the track.

Diesels are definitely a must for those who like them but steam, especially to families and the public in general, is the great appeal on these railways.  Same with tank engines, all very nice but big engines with tenders bring in the largest crowds even if they are tender first!   Preserved railways are usually a long way from their passengers and there has to be a good reason to travel a great distance when there may be another one much closer.

Whilst not any fault of the railway, hopefully the Williton camera will soon be fixed as the aforementioned pixilating is a bit irksome as is the time it has taken to fix the one at Crowcombe Heathfield.

Brian.