Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

..... and in twenty or thirty years time we'll all be regretting not photographing all that boring stuff that's running out there nowadays ......... makes you shudder at the thought !

Very true! Thankfully with digital photography there's no financial excuse not to take pics of the mundane. I certainly try to, but it always seems like it's 'making an effort' rather than feeling enthused to do so. If it wasn't for people taking 'pictures of the mundane' all those years ago we wouldn't be able to release models now. Our hats are duly doffed 

Edited by 071
  • Like 4

..... and in twenty or thirty years time we'll all be regretting not photographing all that boring stuff that's running out there nowadays ......... makes you shudder at the thought !

Plenty of people are. But the security fences make it much tougher for non railway staff. Those of us who were perceived as being serious got unimaginable help.

Paul

• Like 3

Plenty of people are. But the security fences make it much tougher for non railway staff. Those of us who were perceived as being serious got unimaginable help.

Paul

.... not to mention security STAFF .......... or at least staff with nothing better to do than shouting at anyone who raises a 'proper' camera in the direction of a train - nothing they can do about camera 'phones of course : there are just too many of them !

There is a useful colour photo in "Industrial locomotives and railways of the Midlands" by Gordon Edgar published by Amberley. Page 121 is an October 1976 colour photo of RSH "Progress" in the colliery yard at Cadley Hill surrounded by HUOs. The majority are grey but there is a bauxite liveried exampled coupled to the loco. In the background a pair of green class 20s are hauling a train of grey HUOs.

The image is captioned as Colour Rail.

Recognise that you want to land the HUO successfully - and it looks like you will - but can we expect some sort of roadmap for follow on products over say the next 12-18 months? As you have recently given Irish scene modellers? 

• RMweb Gold

Recognise that you want to land the HUO successfully - and it looks like you will - but can we expect some sort of roadmap for follow on products over say the next 12-18 months? As you have recently given Irish scene modellers?

Hi Pteremy,

Many thanks for your query. The overwhelming consensus we have received from British Modellers is that the long waiting time and endless ‘landgrabbing’ is the cause of significant frustration. Therefore, we will only announce future models when we have an engineering prototype. This will keep waiting times much shorter.

The feedback from the Irish market was wishing to know what was coming over the next 12 months and can allocate funds accordingly.

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hey everyone,

20% of the initial HOP24 run has now been sold so far. Many thanks for your orders! We are expecting our next sample with revised brake gear and NEM pocket next week. Should these pass muster we will press the big red button for production!

The rake bundle seems to be mighty popular so we will be including that for all future releases. We're delighted with feedback on the price from people as it seems to be hitting a sweet spot. Each HOP24 consists of 73 separate parts, and all for a price of less than £20 per wagon, so it represents good value. :) 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Pteremy,

Many thanks for your query. The overwhelming consensus we have received from British Modellers is that the long waiting time and endless ‘landgrabbing’ is the cause of significant frustration. Therefore, we will only announce future models when we have an engineering prototype. This will keep waiting times much shorter.

The feedback from the Irish market was wishing to know what was coming over the next 12 months and can allocate funds accordingly.

Thanks,

Fran

Maybe a middle road between total silence until EP and land grabbing years in advance is to set announcement dates ?

It got everyone hopping on here for a few months until the HUO was announced for sure, everyone knew who you were by the big day.

SLW said something similar, regarding announcements but by this stage I’ve largely lost interest in that thread, and will wake up one morning to a surprise, some day, so the EP surprise for me is a bit lack lustre until it happens, but there’s nothing like 50 pages of frothing excitement building up to a rabbit out of the hat.

Agreed though it might not always work, Oxford gave us a date and then shot the audience into submission with its WW1 stun gun. Then of course TMC with its competition to guess the next release, to which the very first post nailed it end to end ;-)

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Maybe a middle road between total silence until EP and land grabbing years in advance is to set announcement dates ?

It got everyone hopping on here for a few months until the HUO was announced for sure, everyone knew who you were by the big day.

SLW said something similar, regarding announcements but by this stage I’ve largely lost interest in that thread, and will wake up one morning to a surprise, some day, so the EP surprise for me is a bit lack lustre until it happens, but there’s nothing like 50 pages of frothing excitement building up to a rabbit out of the hat.

Agreed though it might not always work, Oxford gave us a date and then shot the audience into submission with its WW1 stun gun. Then of course TMC with its competition to guess the next release, to which the very first post nailed it end to end ;-)

It's a valid point, and we understand that many people like the speculation too. The way we will do it is will we let people know that the next product reveal is on x date about a week or so beforehand, so everyone knows when to look in and see it. This gives a few days of speculation too. We're still finding our feet in this regard, so we will see how it plays out over the next couple of releases and maybe alter it as we go.

What we will say is that there are five new models coming from us this year for the British market. So there is plenty to get excited about, i can assure you! :) 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's a valid point, and we understand that many people like the speculation too. The way we will do it is will we let people know that the next product reveal is on x date about a week or so beforehand, so everyone knows when to look in and see it. This gives a few days of speculation too. We're still finding our feet in this regard, so we will see how it plays out over the next couple of releases and maybe alter it as we go.

What we will say is that there are five new models coming from us this year for the British market. So there is plenty to get excited about, i can assure you! :)

Sorry chaps, I love my wagons but don't do excited any more!

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is that including the HUO? As in another 4 to go?

• RMweb Gold

That did it... :angel:

Oh! Yes! The J27 we've been waiting for. I'll have 2. :no:

and we're off to the 2018 Froth Festival...

:danced:

You know we love it.

Edited by adb968008

And tomorrow your whole day will be taking calls from model railway mag journalists asking for more...

Well, the only thing worse than having everyone talking about you is not having everyone talking about you.

Anyway, it does sound exciting.