Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

• RMweb Gold

...  in a plastic bag with a paper header and sold in Woolworths for 1s 6d. (or was it 1/- 6 ?)  You're old enough to remember.

P

I remember them at one and thruppence!

Mike.

PS. I wasn't kidding about the sprues, makes other gauge/diagram/detailing differences so much easier, rather than risking damaging a fully finished model.

• Like 2

Mike.

PS. I wasn't kidding about the sprues, makes other gauge/diagram/detailing differences so much easier, rather than risking damaging a fully finished model.

I agree. Lots of scratchbuilding potential for some of those components.

Paul J.

Edited by Swindon 123
  • Like 1

Our Sprung buffer packs will go on sale concurrent with the first packs' arrival - https://accurascale.co.uk/product-category/accessories/

We can certainly explore adding additional spares to the range with enough demand!

The buffers would be more useful as accessories - for other projects - if they had bases ........ any chance you could sort something out ? ( Presumably they're moulded as part of the headstock on the HUO ! )

• RMweb Gold

The buffers would be more useful as accessories - for other projects - if they had bases ........ any chance you could sort something out ? ( Presumably they're moulded as part of the headstock on the HUO ! )

The bases will be part of the pack, and will be sprung. They wont be moulded as part of the headstock as they are separate parts. They will be as per the renders in this link https://accurascale.co.uk/product-category/accessories/buffers/

• RMweb Gold

These have come to soon for me due to the Hatton's ICI hoppers. Will hopefully get some when they're out in a couple of months.

Are you planning another batch if these do well?

Hi Spackz, I hear you, it's always tough when two models come out at similar times! 

I'm sure we'll have some for you to order in a couple of months and there will be further runs of the TOPs variant and internal colliery wagons in 2018. We will of course do further runs of pre-TOPs etc subject to demand. :)

• RMweb Gold

Just asking but, why go to the (additional presumably) expense of sprung buffers on a tension lock fitted wagon?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Our factory is providing sprung buffers at no additional cost to us on the model, so it's a no brainer, especially as many people will like to swap out for alternative couplings. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

Hi Spackz, I hear you, it's always tough when two models come out at similar times!

I'm sure we'll have some for you to order in a couple of months and there will be further runs of the TOPs variant and internal colliery wagons in 2018. We will of course do further runs of pre-TOPs etc subject to demand. :)

Thanks Mate.

• Like 2

The bases will be part of the pack, and will be sprung. They wont be moulded as part of the headstock as they are separate parts. They will be as per the renders in this link https://accurascale.co.uk/product-category/accessories/buffers/

er ......... no ... er .... when I say 'bases' I mean the flat bit with four holes that bolts onto the headstock on the real thing - as in "square-base buffer" etc.etc. ........ your look a little naked with no visible means of support !

• RMweb Gold

er ......... no ... er .... when I say 'bases' I mean the flat bit with four holes that bolts onto the headstock on the real thing - as in "square-base buffer" etc.etc. ........ your look a little naked with no visible means of support !

Ah I get you now, sorry, it's been a busy week! 

These wont be provided in the pack as they are moulded onto the bufferbeam. If they were moulded separately they would be overly thick to allow for production tolerances. The bases can be replicated with pieces of plastic card or similar. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Speaking of which, we have just received these pictures of our production sample from China. These will be with us in a few days for a proper analysis, but so far we're delighted with how they look.

post-7114-0-73322700-1518022445_thumb.png

post-7114-0-07448900-1518022458_thumb.png

post-7114-0-86235000-1518022473_thumb.png

We're delighted to say that our order book is filling up fast! Thank you to everyone who has placed an order so far on our website https://accurascale.co.uk/

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Very ice, but I think the centre door release handle should face to the right.

Ian

From photos Ian, they seem to be all over the place, including upwards!, the ones facing left or right do so at random with the handed brakegear, I thought I'd found a pattern.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

From photos Ian, they seem to be all over the place, including upwards!, the ones facing left or right do so at random with the handed brakegear, I thought I'd found a pattern.

Mike.

Absolutely Mike, they seem adhoc. We’ll match them to the pics we have on file.