Accurascale Announce OO HUO - NEW PRE-TOPS RUN ANNOUNCED 23/07/2020

As you look at the wagon, the central handle is not centered, it's either to the left or right.

If you turn it anti clockwise it closes the doors, and if you turn its neighbour on the right in the same way, it also closes. The handle on the other end is mirrored, to suit the mechanism, and you turn it clockwise, so you will never have all three in the same position.

They are handed in a 2 - 1 configuration on both sides.

I'm not sure if that's made things better or worse, actually :P

Richard.

• RMweb Gold

Just to add to what Fran and Richard have said...

The arrangement of the levers depends on what side of the wagon you're looking at: if it's right-right-left on one side, it'll be mirrored to give you right-left-left on the other.

• RMweb Gold

The brake shoes look too high up, and are at a strange angle to the wheel axis. Is the vee at the right height?

Please note that this is a hand assembled guinea pig model, we will be assessing it when with us to ensure everything is correct. Finesse comes later.

Edited by 071

The brake shoes are offset 0.5mm from the wheel face, (Manufacturers tolerances) , aligned as per prototype, as are the V hangers. Right size, right place, unless the measuring tape needs an MOT...?

R.

Edited by Irish_R_M

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Miss Prism, see what you mean now! As I said, this has been hastily assembled (Chinese new year starts this week, so a Friday afternoon job) so I think this is the issue, especially as a lot of the brake gear is separate parts. When the samples arrive we can have a closer look and make recommendations to the factory to have it correctly placed.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

The brake shoes look too high up, and are at a strange angle to the wheel axis. Is the vee at the right height?

I think the appearance of that is also due to the brakeshoe seemingly being  undersize compared to the prototype photo you have shown?

Regards,

Craig W

• RMweb Gold

I think the appearance of that is also due to the brakeshoe seemingly being undersize compared to the prototype photo you have shown?

Regards,

Craig W

Hi Craig, it’s something we will be assessing when the sample arrives in this part of the world and is an easy enough fix if it is indeed undersize.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 2

Christ it looks like a flippin HUO ............. we're nit-picking already ????????????

Some  people (including the manufacturer) are apparently more interested in getting things right. Nothing has been said about possible errors in a nasty way and this is a pre production sample.

All remarks have been noted by the manufacturer and accepted in the way they are intended, so what is the problem?

Go back to the lego trains if people being concerned with getting things right is such an issue to you.

Craig W

Edited by Craigw
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks everyone, the whole point of the PP sample is to pick up on these issues. We will have a good look on Monday when they arrive and assess what needs correcting as we go over it with a fine-tooth comb! 

One of the more enjoyable parts of developing a new model is the research aspect, including looking through all those pictures of those classic BR scenes of a bygone age. We loved this one from David Christie with a J38 in 1966.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/david_christie/6404231155/

Anyone else got any fond memories of them in action? 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks everyone, the whole point of the PP sample is to pick up on these issues. We will have a good look on Monday when they arrive and assess what needs correcting as we go over it with a fine-tooth comb! 

One of the more enjoyable parts of developing a new model is the research aspect, including looking through all those pictures of those classic BR scenes of a bygone age. We loved this one from David Christie with a J38 in 1966.

Very nice pic but be careful what you say or you'll drown in a sea of J shaped froth ;)  :jester: 

Hi Fran, 

Will you be having a display and any samples (if available) at the Wexford show over Easter?

Regards

John

• Like 1

Less of the power comments, it's a class 17, it's lucky to be moving.

That's quite a big load for a Clayton. Are you sure it's moving?

Edit to correct loaf for load but maybe it was better left as it was.

Edited by RBAGE

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran, 

Will you be having a display and any samples (if available) at the Wexford show over Easter?

Regards

John

Hi John,

We will indeed! Make sure you introduce me to yourself at the show as it's always good to put a face to a name. :)

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

Hi John,

We will indeed! Make sure you introduce me to yourself at the show as it's always good to put a face to a name. :)

Cheers!

Fran

Will do,  I will be there with my 0 gauge 'Swanbourne Vale Light Railway'.

• Like 2