The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

TV presenters you either love or hate

allan downes

• RMweb Premium

Agreed on Kuenssburg and other big face news correspondents who give their opinions rather than reporting facts which is what they are supposed to do.

We are lucky down south with local news though with Sally Taylor on South Today who has been around for thirty plus years since South Today's Bruce Parker years and over on ITV, the legend that is Fred Dineage.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't you mean Reg (there's blood on my overalls) Prescott?

"How to Ruin a Victorian Door" Although you could argue it was conserved for future generations. (The Bucknall theorem),

P

My Dad was a carpenter and could also turn his hand to most other building jobs. He very rarely swore, but would always make an exception for Barry Bucknell.......

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

Huw Edwards is one of the very few reasons I ever watch ITV news.........

John

Huw Edwards is the one reason I gave up watching BBC news for good. 

He was the chap who was presenting the news live from Charles De Gaulle airport at the same time as some of the relatives of those who had been aboard the Concorde which crashed were being led slowly around the site to see the full horror of the accident.

I know the fashion is now to send newsreaders to places of death, for added effect; but I thought this decision was particularly crass, and if I was him I would have flatly refused to do it. 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention James May - I really enjoy his hands on approach to the subjects he's enthusiastic and knowlegeable about, either in or out of Top Gear. He owns a P6 so he must be alright!

On the fence and tipping over into urine boiling annoyance- Charlie Stait and Naga Munchetti on the Beeb - sometimes I find them both so patronising and condescending, to the point of utter loathing.

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't you mean Reg (there's blood on my overalls) Prescott?

"How to Ruin a Victorian Door" Although you could argue it was conserved for future generations. (The Bucknall theorem),

P

This chap.  :O

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=reg+prentice+kenny+everett&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7g-jltYDZAhVoC8AKHYLHCgYQ1QIIdigA&biw=1919&bih=929

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Gold

Another name that has yet to appear is Julia Bradbury, I think she had her own thread for her RMWeb followers last year.

I think she is really entertaining, she was on a celebrity come dine with me a couple of years back and she was an absolute scream.

Good article on her in the papers last weekend as well - Mail on Sunday I believe?

Steve

• Like 1

We get the BBC via cable and two weekend presenters that stand out are Sharanjit Leyl from Singapore and Kasia Madera in London as well as Babita Sharma.  All are accomplished, speak the Queens English so it can be understood and all look the part, smartly dressed and attractive.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

I find with a lot of BBC news interviewers that they mistake rude and aggressive interviewing with being probing and extracting answers to difficult questions. Although I don't watch much TV and avoid TV news but I listen to a lot of radio and got fed up of the Today program as John Humphries is just plain rude and confrontational and seems more interested in his own voice then informing listeners.

My personal Top 10 TV presenters I cannot stand:

1. Tomasz Schafernaker 

2. Jeremy Vine

3. Piers Morgan

4. James Corden

5. Jeremy Kyle

6. Ant and Dec

7. Kirstie Allsopp 

8. Holloby Willoughby

9. Tomasz Schafernaker

10. Kay Burley

And in the interests of fairness here are my Top 10 presenters I respect:

1. David Attenborough

2. Julia Bradbury

3. John Craven

4. Dara O'Brain

5. James May

6. Robert Winston

7. Stewart White

8. Peter Snow

9. Dan Snow

10. Dick Strawbridge

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

My personal Top 10 TV presenters I cannot stand:

1. Tomasz Schafernaker 

2. Jeremy Vine

3. Piers Morgan

4. James Corden

5. Jeremy Kyle

6. Ant and Dec

7. Kirstie Allsopp 

8. Holloby Willoughby

9. Tomasz Schafernaker

10. Kay Burley

You must really dislike Tomasz Schafernaker!

Almost all football pundits, who, apart from loving the sound of

their own voices, think that football results are somehow really

important and therefore have to be shouted at the poor deluded

viewers of the so called sport (it's not, it's just a business).

Best description of this by Bill Bailey: Tinselworm

https://watch4hd.com/movie/bill-bailey-tinselworm/

about 6 mins in, but it's worth watching the whole thing!

Edited for spelling

Edited by jcm@gwr

Like - James May (his natural enthusiasm comes across better than anyone else trying to do science/Engineering based documentary’s and he’s great on TG + GT. Brian Cox. Marcus du Sautoy. Sandi Toksvig. Alice Roberts. Hannah Fry. Dan Snow. Robert Llewelyn. Victoria Corren-Mitchell. Gabby Logan. Most BBC athletics team and although not mainly hosts, Paul Merton and Ian Hislop

Don’t like - Alex Jones. Jeremy Kyle. Anyone associated with a ‘Talent show’. Kieth Lemon (or whoever plays him).

I find with a lot of BBC news interviewers that they mistake rude and aggressive interviewing with being probing and extracting answers to difficult questions. Although I don't watch much TV and avoid TV news but I listen to a lot of radio and got fed up of the Today program as John Humphries is just plain rude and confrontational and seems more interested in his own voice then informing listeners.

In defence of John Humphries, you'd be rude and confrontational if you'd just had your pay cut in half.

• RMweb Premium

In defence of John Humphries, you'd be rude and confrontational if you'd just had your pay cut in half.

If his rudeness started with his paycut there might be something in that but he's been rude , aggressive and full of his own self importance for years.