Peco OO9 gauge Ffestiniog Railway Carriages (Bug Boxes, Quarrymans & Bowsiders)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Rich Uncle Skeleton said:

All sold out on pre order already!

To confirm what LRT wrote above, this is the relevant line from Hatton's website:

"Please wishlist your items now and we will notify you once pre-orders have opened."

Don't Panic!

Dundas have never done kits of these FR 'Bowsiders', though their DM59 could be run with them.

I suspect the reason the WD bogie wagons are out of production is there's a problem with the bogie tool. Both the WD bogie and the VoR coach bogie were one-piece mouldings and all kits with them in are marked 'out of production'.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Ooooooooooooo!

Looks like I'll have to pop in to put my name down  for a couple! 

I don't suppose there's any idea of pricing yet is there?

Cheers

J

I don’t know, no price range mentioned.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/08/2023 at 02:35, JaymzHatstand said:

I don't suppose there's any idea of pricing yet is there?

Cheers

J

Going off past performance I think Peco usually announce pricing nearer to the time the items are due to be delivered to retailers.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has anyone else had issues with their quarrymen’s coaches exhibiting a slight ‘nodding’ action as they roll along? I’ve just got no. 6 with the single balcony to go with my other two and when I was running it on the layout it definitely seems to go up and down as it goes along. Presumably it’s something to do

with one of the wheelsets?

It’s not a major issue but it’s one of those things where once you’ve noticed it you can’t unsee it 🤪

On 05/11/2023 at 21:16, MrTea said:

Has anyone else had issues with their quarrymen’s coaches exhibiting a slight ‘nodding’ action as they roll along? I’ve just got no. 6 with the single balcony to go with my other two and when I was running it on the layout it definitely seems to go up and down as it goes along. Presumably it’s something to do

with one of the wheelsets?

It’s not a major issue but it’s one of those things where once you’ve noticed it you can’t unsee it 🤪

One of my bug boxes does that. I think it must be to do with the pointed ends of the axels because I removed the wheels and the plastic point looked like it had been bent a bit. It was a lot better once I had carefully straightened it out as much as I could. Would be good to get some all metal axel wheels to solve this problem. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 25/08/2023 at 22:30, AJ'S said:

Does anybody know if Peco have made the Bowsiders to the correct length and width unlike the bug boxes which are oversize. 

I hadn’t realised the Peco bug boxes are oversize, how oversize are they?  If they are too oversize they will look wrong when coupled with the bowsiders, or are these also to be oversize.

I asked Peco at Statfold and was told the Bowsiders are the correct length and width unlike the Bug boxes that were made to fit a chassis. I think it was the GVT chassis they were made to fit. A great shame. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, EMA747 said:

I saw them and they look really nice. Did anyone get an update on release date? I didn't manage to have a chat with the Peco guys as I was running late for my train home!

Yes, expected in next few weeks pre Crimbo , currently in production building up stock 😁

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Also the reference to short bowsiders in some advertising refer to the fact that some of the coaches in this production are actually slightly shorter than the others. There aren’t shorty versions coming and I can’t remember which numbers are the ’ slightly ’ shorter ones

1 hour ago, EMA747 said:

I saw them and they look really nice. Did anyone get an update on release date? I didn't manage to have a chat with the Peco guys as I was running late for my train home!

I was told the Victorian and early preservation liveries were very soon and the others next year.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Also the reference to short bowsiders in some advertising refer to the fact that some of the coaches in this production are actually slightly shorter than the others. There aren’t shorty versions coming and I can’t remember which numbers are the ’ slightly ’ shorter ones

The Brown Marshalls (17 and 18) are noticeably shorter than the Gloucesters (19 and 20). In each of the pictures in @Adrian Stevenson's post, there is a Brown Marshall at the front and a Gloucester at the back.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1