RMweb

Large logo 66 from GBRf

Actually rather clever. 

As 779 was the previous highest numbered GB 66, and a tribute to Evening Star, so this is the new highest numbered GB 66 having previously been the highest numbered EWS one.   

And EWS is a direct traceable link back to BR, whereas GBRf is a new entrant.  Great work Mr Smith  :angel:

• Like 1

Looks great! Wonder who’s gunna be first to commission one of these....

Whoever commissions one of these, getting the transfers won't be a problem. Now the cat is out of the bag, options with and without 3d printed nameplates:

http://www.railtec-transfers.com/catalog.php?search_str=66789

66789-1-1.jpg

Yes, other scales will follow.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Been trying to work out what looks off to me. I think its just that the body side on a 66 starts higher up than on a 'classic' diesel so the yellow to black proportions are completely different

Railfreight red stripe would work well, as you would lose alot of the black....

Dave

• RMweb Premium

I like it a lot.

Another one for Bachmann to do!

steve

They've just done a production run of 66s - it may be some time before they do more. I would like to be proved wrong.

I am not a fan of plain banger BR blue, but large logo - yes. I remember passing a 56 somewhere between Nuneaton and Leicester and saying to my mate "it looked like a huge arrow on the side...."

Later confirmed to be 56036 the first in LL, In those days we were reliant upon the magazines with their 4-6 week leadtime.....

I have a spare 66701 lying around that may be a suitable donor......

Cheers,

Mick

Now, that didn't hurt did it? From a similar thought process, the two-tone BR green version was an interesting creation. And, of course Loadhaul still looks good an anything.... Good to see that Rule No. 1 applies in 4mm and 1:1

post-5956-0-15782100-1519946398_thumb.png

post-5956-0-73939000-1519946457_thumb.png

post-5956-0-31883500-1519946570_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

How about a 66 in Barry condition, that would get a like from me

Believe it or not I'm very interested in GM American locos but the 66 is just horrible . 59 not too bad but a bit quiet but 66 wrong in all departments

How about a 66 in Barry condition, that would get a like from me

Believe it or not I'm very interested in GM American locos but the 66 is just horrible . 59 not too bad but a bit quiet but 66 wrong in all departments

Having signed all three - 59,66 and 67 I've got to say they're all pretty horrible!

Although I appreciate from an operators viewpoint they're pretty good because they don't fail too often and 59s do pull quite well

Edited by 101