The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What do you think Andy does with our data? #wouldanyonestealit :-) ?

pirouets

• RMweb Gold

So with all the stories around scraping data from Facebook, just what do we think Mr York and his associates do with it?

Personally I think he now employee's the little people from the Railway Modeller cartoons and sends them out to our respective modelling hideaways and based on our latest posts hides the key thing we are looking for. Or alternatively he is planning a bring back Super 4 track campaign with targetted posts and adverts.

Any other wild ideas?

Bang on the money

Oh, the irony.

Tuts at it mostly I would have thought.

That's on a good day.

Anyway I am obviously obliged to state to users that no data is used for any nefarious, political, personal or other such uses. Having got the serious bit out of the way the only vulnerability that members may experience is purely self-inflicted through their public postings, particularly those frequently using the words "I want"; you can't then grumble that a provider latches onto these wishes and dreams. Although I suspect many of those free wishes do not translate into financial commitment.

Anyway, what some people should fear far more are dangerous sources much closer to home who may be watching in and mentally logging dates, purchases and prices - the consequences of which can be far more serious than electing an orange ape into a position where he has the nuclear access codes.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Anyway, what some people should fear far more are dangerous sources much closer to home who may be watching in and mentally logging dates, purchases and prices - the consequences of which can be far more serious than electing an orange ape into a position where he has the nuclear access codes.

This is just a thinly veiled attempt by Andy to free up some space on the server. He's obviously hoping that a good many of us will now be rushing to erase all the incriminating evidence.

Edited by Kylestrome
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if Cambridge Analytica have yet managed to crack the various codes such as P4, OOSF,  and J27 that keep on appearing or if they have determined the social significance of a debate about  OO and 00?   And are they ranking opinions about Network Rail and train operators on the basis of threads on RMweb in order to give DafT the criteria for their future errors.  plans.

• Like 7

I reckon a lot of posters on here have already cottoned on about data surveillance/analytics, and deliberately post nonsense to confuse "them".

There's surely no other explanation for the sheer amount of nonsense?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if Cambridge Analytica have yet managed to crack the various codes such as P4, OOSF,  and J27 that keep on appearing or if they have determined the social significance of a debate about  OO and 00?   And are they ranking opinions about Network Rail and train operators on the basis of threads on RMweb in order to give DafT the criteria for their future errors.  plans.

More to the point, can they explain the differences in such a manner, that there will be some sort of agreement and enlightenment?

Also what do they make of the repeated jokes in the 'Wheeltappers' area and how people can get trapped in a train for hours, in a snow storm?

• Like 2

I heard they were doing okay until they got to the 3mm thread about 12mm vs 13.5mm vs 14.2mm gauge and the AI algorithm gave up and deleted itself.

• RMweb Premium

I heard they were doing okay until they got to the 3mm thread about 12mm vs 13.5mm vs 14.2mm gauge and the AI algorithm gave up and deleted itself.

That conjured up an image of a computer server at Cambridge Analytica going bang and releasing its magic smoke....

Made me smile!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought politics and religion was banned on here hence my initial concern with ths topic? i've never quite worked out which of those catagories all that finescale stuff actually sits in :jester:

• RMweb Premium

I thought politics and religion was banned on here hence my initial concern with ths topic? i've never quite worked out which of those catagories all that finescale stuff actually sits in :jester:

It has to be religion, politicians can't get their tiny minds around finescale.