David Larkin has published pictures showing the experimental suspensions trialled on the Cemflo post Thirsk.

P

http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/ee0c9323

http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/e3a9129a

Paul

Incidentally the report mentions the first derailed wagon at Thirsk was LA233, as these wagons appear to have been TOPS numbered in order of their LA original number this one, APCM8533 http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo/e58092060 was repaired and returned to traffic.

Edited by hmrspaul

There's video of WCML cemflos before 1966 but I can't find the links.

Carriage rates was published in this booklet for 1966.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107721-cemflos-cliffe-uddingston-flow-silver-queens/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2191017

P

Were the ones used on the  Widnes route LMR  circa 64  built by Metro - Cammell.

Edited by paul 27

• RMweb Gold

Tooling on our forthcoming cemflo continues in China and we are hoping to have something to show you very soon. In the meantime, here's a closer look at the CAD. We have done a count of the parts and found that there are a total of 87 in each model, which is even more than our HUO!

post-7114-0-53310300-1531933430_thumb.png

post-7114-0-94252500-1531933485_thumb.png

Edited by 071
  • Like 8

There have been queries about these wagons being seen singly: I have seen several views of the Up sidings, south of Stafford station, with a solitary example seemingly abandoned there. I think it was on a now-disappeared Fotopic site.

It was in DaveF's marathon photo topic, and the shots can be found here. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-18th-july/?p=2730746

Paul J.

• RMweb Gold

Tooling on our forthcoming cemflo continues in China and we are hoping to have something to show you very soon. In the meantime, here's a closer look at the CAD. We have done a count of the parts and found that there are a total of 87 in each model, which is even more than our HUO!

attachicon.gifcemflo_1.png

attachicon.gifcemflo_2.png

Top image as delivered, 2nd image as crashed ?

Got to admit the under detail looks good, it has to be as a modeller needs to have these diaroramed upside down, as much as right way up ;-)

Edited by adb968008

With all these individual component, it would not be too big a job to convert one of these to a Gloucester vehicle.

The only significant fabrication job would be to make the bottom discharge equipment. Most other change parts could be sourced through the likes of Wizard.

With tongue firmly in cheek, would it be possible to supply a few of these with a minimal amount of adhesive so that they can be easily dismantled? :jester:

Edited by RBAGE

• RMweb Gold

With all these individual component, it would not be too big a job to convert one of these to a Gloucester vehicle.

The only significant fabrication job would be to make the bottom discharge equipment. Most other change parts could be sourced through the likes of Wizard.

With tongue firmly in cheek, would it be possible to supply a few of these with a minimal amount of adhesive so that they can be easily dismantled? :jester:

We went to extreme lengths to see if we could do both the Gloucester as well as the metro camm, but the different discharge systems, brakes, solebar setails, axlebox and W irons mean it’s a whole new wagon. I do look forward to seeing modellers bashing them into something new though, at least you’ll have a fantastic starting point that the old triang model!

Sadly our Chinese friends use the best glue in the business, but I have a crowbar and sledge that I can borrow from our customer complaints department if needs be!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

There have been queries about these wagons being seen singly: I have seen several views of the Up sidings, south of Stafford station, with a solitary example seemingly abandoned there. I think it was on a now-disappeared Fotopic site.

If you read the Thirsk accident report two wagons were cut out at Peterborough and another at Doncaster as unfit to proceed. It reads as if the Wagon inspectors expected to find problems with these wagons, so singles could be worked anywhere on their usual routes.

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

Now there's a nice idea for a train pack - a class 40, two brake vans and maybe 8-10 cemflo's...... a lot better than a blue pullman for instance or yet another celebrity kettle and mark 1's.

So all that leaves you to do is the brake van and the 40........... 

Well, I understand there's a 40 on the way so we're half way there.

If not, it'll be underpants for Christmas again.

You could always count the ones in the picture?

Mike.

Obviously not, got to 15 then there on a curve looks to be over 20 though  but may be not as many as used on the east coast route.

Edited by paul 27

• RMweb Premium

Obviously not, got to 15 then there on a curve looks to be over 20 though  but may be not as many as used on the east coast route.

Well - I can just make out what I take to be the brakevan at the end of the train.

On that basis, I'd say that twenty CEMFLOs in that rake is as close as we'll get.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,

Here's another photo of a cement flow bound for Widnes, albeit almost two decades later and originating from the Hope Valley rather than Kent. The photographer's caption states a total of 27 wagons:

25693266027_b7f9c3e632_b.jpg

40024 (LO). 6H33  1201 Widnes (Carterhouse Jn) to Earles cement empties at Arpley Jn (Warrington) on 260483 by Michael Hart, on Flickr

This particular rake also included Presflos, but block trains comprised solely of Cemflos would have contained a similar number of wagons. I would say anywhere from 25-30 wagons would have been normal. 

Hope that helps! :)

Patrick

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 3

Well - I can just make out what I take to be the brakevan at the end of the train.

On that basis, I'd say that twenty CEMFLOs in that rake is as close as we'll get.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I will go with that,  nice picture at Arpley  thanks for all the constructive answers.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,Here's another photo of a cement flow bound for Widnes, albeit almost two decades later and originating from the Hope Valley rather than Kent. The photographer's caption states a total of 27 wagons:25693266027_b7f9c3e632_b.jpg40024 (LO). 6H33  1201 Widnes (Carterhouse Jn) to Earles cement empties at Arpley Jn (Warrington) on 260483 by Michael Hart, on FlickrThis particular rake also included Presflos, but block trains comprised solely of Cemflos would have contained a similar number of wagons. I would say anywhere from 25-30 wagons would have been normal.  Hope that helps! :)Patrick

Now your torturing us.

I’m going to order, but waiting on the EP, but it’s painful seeing images like this and holding out to order.

• RMweb Gold

Now your torturing us.

I’m going to order, but waiting on the EP, but it’s painful seeing images like this and holding out to order.

We will have one in a couple of weeks, but we will continue to tempt you all with images like the above in the meantime. ;)

• Like 1

Patrick

That picture at Warrington Bank Quay (well underneath it!) is brilliant - sheer filth!

Now about getting them done in N ;-)

Cheers, Mike

Nice hook.

Mind you, I think they are a bit busy at the moment, rumour has it, they're doing the definitive whistler to complete the cemflo package in 00.

Now your torturing us.

Lord and Lady, that brings back good memories!!!!!

C.