Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

3 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

A pylon photographers worst nightmare! 

That's a shame, Hopefully you didn't lose too many photos! I am always worried that i've accidently deleted one of my photos

Yes it is indeed. However I seem to recall that my uncle put them on another hard drive somewhere so I need to ask him so all may not be lost!

best regards, Matthew 

(edit) I love it how our conversations have done 2 pages in under 2 hours already lol 

Edited by LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, L2's are great! said:

Also, I will be going on the M25 tomorrow so will try and get some photos to post here!!

Good to hear, I look forward to see the shots off the M16...... (M16 was the original allocation for the M25, part of London’s ringway 3 however the current M25 is a mixture of both 3 and 4, hence the pointless M26)

best regards, Matthew 

5 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Good to hear, I look forward to see the shots off the M16...... (M16 was the original allocation for the M25, part of London’s ringway 3 however the current M25 is a mixture of both 3 and 4, hence the pointless M26)

best regards, Matthew 

Lol I say try, as it's always hard to get photographs whilst on the move, but i'm sure it'll work 

Never knew that about the M16!

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

2 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Forgot to mention the other reason why you don’t see any L13s is that none exist. Lines have been proposed but none built. I have a 3D image of how one would look though:

47321367-3762-41A2-B126-740907EFF50E.jpeg

4 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

The L13 is directly descended off it’s older brother, the JL EVE L6. It is also a bit taller than the BICC L6 too

Ahh I see! Its got a similar peak to the JL EVE and from that looks a lot taller.

They would of looked good!! Never say never though (although that probably won't happen in this case

On 06/09/2019 at 20:47, L2's are great! said:

Well that's exactly how I stumbled across this forum, just casually searching for L3 pylons on google and then saw his model L3 D along with the L6, and my jaw fell thru the floor. Then I read thru all the pages and I'm amazed at the skill. I mean I'm i've been a pylon fan all my life and never come across any models as technically accurate and detailed as his. Congrats Pylon King

Thank you. The only problem is they’re starting to take over the place !))

6AE22B1D-1AAF-4123-A5F2-6AC0E0B305C6.jpeg

Edited by Pylon King
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Lol I say try, as it's always hard to get photographs whilst on the move, but i'm sure it'll work 

Never knew that about the M16!

Kind regards, Felix

I know it’s hard, but skill does develop and that’s how most of my pylon pics have come from. The M16 is complex as the M25 is only a botch job of 2 completely different motorways with some bits built to join it up. As you can tell roads are another one of my specialties but look up M16 on pathetic motorways and that’ll tell you the history.

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I know it’s hard, but skill does develop and that’s how most of my pylon pics have come from. The M16 is complex as the M25 is only a botch job of 2 completely different motorways with some bits built to join it up. As you can tell roads are another one of my specialties but look up M16 on pathetic motorways and that’ll tell you the history.

best regards, Matthew 

I definitely will do, thanks for your advice and information Matthew

Kind regards, Felix

• Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

That is very odd indeed, never seen that before!

best regards, Matthew 

It's funny because the line actually starts with an L2 DT tower and then switches to L3. It's a fairly short line made up of only 30 odd towers (if I counted correctly) and whenever I followed the line from above I noticed that there was like a little terminal area and that was it!!

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

It's funny because the line actually starts with an L2 DT tower and then switches to L3. It's a fairly short line made up of only 30 odd towers (if I counted correctly) and whenever I followed the line from above I noticed that there was like a little terminal area and that was it!!

Yeah that does sound odd, seems to be the case of “build whatever we’ve got left”. As for that micro substation, I honestly have no idea. It does exist at other places (I think there’s an L8 one at Dartford).

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Yeah that does sound odd, seems to be the case of “build whatever we’ve got left”. As for that micro substation, I honestly have no idea. It does exist at other places (I think there’s an L8 one at Dartford).

best regards, Matthew 

It does indeed sound like a 'whatever we got left' scenario. Another mystery...….

Here are some photos I got today

DSC_0009 (2).JPG

DSC_0015_(2).JPG

• Like 1