Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

24 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

DSC_00181.JPG

DSC_0013 (2).JPG

Lovely shots! I see a L2 D40EC by the looks of it, but with standard D60 cross arms. Again this exists with the L6 family too. How to spot this is to look at the tops. A standard D60 has a flat side, followed by a triangular, then flat and triangular again. Whereas a D40EC has 4 triangles forming a pyramid. I’ll attach a photo of the L6 D40EC at Burwell and another by the M1 near the Toddington (I think) services.

best regards, Matthew 

592AE67D-6E7A-41E8-8FE5-D86203F16FAD.jpeg

466DD9F7-1E22-434B-8684-4D18376B7F3C.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Lovely shots! I see a L2 D40EC by the looks of it, but with standard D60 cross arms. Again this exists with the L6 family too. How to spot this is to look at the tops. A standard D60 has a flat side, followed by a triangular, then flat and triangular again. Whereas a D40EC has 4 triangles forming a pyramid. I’ll attach a photo of the L6 D40EC at Burwell and another by the M1 near the Toddington (I think) services.

best regards, Matthew 

592AE67D-6E7A-41E8-8FE5-D86203F16FAD.jpeg

466DD9F7-1E22-434B-8684-4D18376B7F3C.jpeg

Ahhh I see, I do recall at first thinking they were the same but then noticed the tops and you rightly pointed out what I noticed, its interesting that all D40EC's have the same peak design. Great photos and I can clearly see a difference from the standard towers, 

7 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

It was mentioned earlier about the weird pylons in Cambridge around the science park, I managed to track my photos:

B30DC928-DB59-44FD-B039-DAAD5D974809.jpeg

43132032-1681-4C38-A43B-45FD23F86068.jpeg

C8F2F4FF-2636-4949-B7F5-6B1B5E7F0B37.jpeg

473D8764-D686-4D0D-921B-0788F5DF801E.jpeg

I have seen images of those about, didn't know they were in the UK. They look more like fancy telephone poles.

I'm glad you found your photos!!!

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

44 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Ahhh I see, I do recall at first thinking they were the same but then noticed the tops and you rightly pointed out what I noticed, its interesting that all D40EC's have the same peak design. Great photos and I can clearly see a difference from the standard towers, 

Here is a direct comparison:

9B519E1A-F084-4693-A7D0-5685711FA009.jpeg

BFC0975D-6A2E-4F0F-8D00-A0117D55AD5E.jpeg

Edited by LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

I have seen images of those about, didn't know they were in the UK. They look more like fancy telephone poles.

I'm glad you found your photos!!!

Kind regards, Felix

Yes they are unusual, some also exist in Peterborough and yes it was a huge sigh of relief!

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L2's are great! said:

Ahh yes, I'm guessing that is a proper D60 L6 BB tower compared with that D40EC!!

Here's another shot of the other L2 D40EC, I had to jump and press the button at the same time to get it!!

DSC_0175_(2).JPG

Here's the one adjacent to this one, also featuring some L3's.

DSC_0191 (2).JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Yes they are unusual, some also exist in Peterborough and yes it was a huge sigh of relief!

best regards, Matthew 

Any idea what they are called? The railway runs alongside the them coming in from March 

Just now, russ p said:

Any idea what they are called? The railway runs alongside the them coming in from March 

Unfortunately no I don’t. I’d guess it’s just a one off design and probably of the L4M family as they are fairly new to the world of pylons.

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Ahh yes, I'm guessing that is a proper D60 L6 BB tower compared with that D40EC!!

Here's another shot of the other L2 D40EC, I had to jump and press the button at the same time to get it!!

DSC_0175_(2).JPG

Yes it is, and absolutely lovely shot! I had to do the same with the D60 as it’s right by the stupid hedges!! But I’m happy with the results.

19 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Here's the one adjacent to this one, also featuring some L3's.

DSC_0191 (2).JPG

I’m starting to get quite fond of these! I must build this along with the D60 and an L3 D60 for comparison. Anyone have any plans for the L3 D60?

best regards, Matthew 

Just now, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Yes it is, and absolutely lovely shot! I had to do the same with the D60 as it’s right by the stupid hedges!! But I’m happy with the results.

I’m starting to get quite fond of these! I must build this along with the D60 and an L3 D60 for comparison. Anyone have any plans for the L3 D60?

best regards, Matthew 

I have quite a few different angle shots of the L3 D60 from google earth if u want them!!

16 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

I believe they are linked to the T-pylon in some way or another..

Kind regards, Felix

I thought the T-pylon came much later, because the ones around Cambridge were done in the late 90s-early 2000s. The T-pylons came around 2013-14 I believe, and was based off a completely different design from another country (Italy I think)

Edited by LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004

I thought the T-pylon cake much later, because the ones around Cambridge were done in the late 90s-early 2000s. The T-pylons came around 2013-14 I believe, and was based off a completely different design from another country (Italy I think)

Oh, my mistake! They looked a lot newer, sorry for the confusion.

Yes please, can you DM me with those?

best regards, Matthew 

Of course, I have them screenshotted on my phone so i'll send them over. Also one of those photos I posted earlier was an L3 D60, if that helps start you off.

Kind regards, Felix

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Of course, I have them screenshotted on my phone so i'll send them over. Also one of those photos I posted earlier was an L3 D60, if that helps start you off.

Kind regards, Felix

Would you want some of the L3 D10's and D30's??