Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

4 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Looks fantastic and very realistic !! 

Yes they are. He is really talented and if you have a spare moment browse back through the forum to see his other masterpieces. I am lucky to own one of the models (the L6 SF90)

best regards, Matthew 

Well that's exactly how I stumbled across this forum, just casually searching for L3 pylons on google and then saw his model L3 D along with the L6, and my jaw fell thru the floor. Then I read thru all the pages and I'm amazed at the skill. I mean I'm i've been a pylon fan all my life and never come across any models as technically accurate and detailed as his. Congrats Pylon King

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Just to show the differences between trains and pylons here’s an SF90 tower (pylon kings model kindly given to me), and a Bachy class 90. I have a cunning plan to put it on my new layout depending on space.

best regards, Matthew 

9AAA3783-0642-4DDC-8D10-9883F7F499A7.jpeg

Ah I was gonna post a set up I saw of one of those low towers with a L6 junction tower, i'm glad I know its technical name now.

I think it'll look fantastic on your model rail layout. 

Kind regards, Felix

1 minute ago, L2's are great! said:

Ah I was gonna post a set up I saw of one of those low towers with a L6 junction tower, i'm glad I know its technical name now.

I think it'll look fantastic on your model rail layout. 

Kind regards, Felix

They are not very common near me, the nearest one being over 2 hours away, and thank you for saying that, I will definitely try and get it on now. I still need to build the insulators for it as he needed them for other projects which is understandable, but they are easy to build.

best regards, Matthew 

1 minute ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

They are not very common near me, the nearest one being over 2 hours away, and thank you for saying that, I will definitely try and get it on now. I still need to build the insulators for it as he needed them for other projects which is understandable, but they are easy to build.

best regards, Matthew 

Oh haha, the nearest to me is probably down in Ebbsfleet.

Do you think you will make Twin or quad conductors?

Just now, L2's are great! said:

Oh haha, the nearest to me is probably down in Ebbsfleet.

Do you think you will make Twin or quad conductors?

It’ll probably only be single conductors as that’s what they carry normally but if I decide to scratchbuild some myself (I have the plans and am developing the skills) I will fit quad conductors to the L6 models I decide to construct, but this is on he back burner for the mo as I have other things on the go.

best regards, Matthew 

Just now, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

It’ll probably only be single conductors as that’s what they carry normally but if I decide to scratchbuild some myself (I have the plans and am developing the skills) I will fit quad conductors to the L6 models I decide to construct, but this is on he back burner for the mo as I have other things on the go.

best regards, Matthew 

Ahh I see, well i am sure it will look fantastic either way when its complete.

2 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

Everytime I've seen one on Google earth its always with a junction tower and that unusual one with no arms.

Kind regards, Felix

I am unsure what make that armless tower is, probably of L6 but I honestly don’t know. Now thinking of it though there’s 2 at Eaton Socon along with an L12 DT and an L6M D10, with them being newer I’m thinking that in their place was 2 L6 D40ECs, if that’s the case then Burwell must be the sole survivor.

best regards, Matthew 

8 minutes ago, L2's are great! said:

This was it, I think

Untitled.png

I believe this one has triple conductors, looks powerful despite its height!!

There are two more in a photo I posted a few days back of the mad pylon scene in Tilbury. One is slightly shorter than the other.

I don't know about you but it reminds me of the short French ones!

1 minute ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I am unsure what make that armless tower is, probably of L6 but I honestly don’t know. Now thinking of it though there’s 2 at Eaton Socon along with an L12 DT and an L6M D10, with them being newer I’m thinking that in their place was 2 L6 D40ECs, if that’s the case then Burwell must be the sole survivor.

best regards, Matthew 

Ahh I see, that makes sense

1 minute ago, L2's are great! said:

I believe this one has triple conductors, looks powerful despite its height!!

There are two more in a photo I posted a few days back of the mad pylon scene in Tilbury. One is slightly shorter than the other.

I don't know about you but it reminds me of the short French ones!

Ah yes the ones at Tilbury. I do agree some of them do look French and had some photos of the “French L2 equivalent”. However the hard drive it was in had its memory wiped so they are lost forever boohoo.

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1

Just now, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Ah yes the ones at Tilbury. I do agree some of them do look French and had some photos of the “French L2 equivalent”. However the hard drive it was in had its memory wiped so they are lost forever boohoo.

best regards, Matthew 

A pylon photographers worst nightmare! 

That's a shame, Hopefully you didn't lose too many photos! I am always worried that i've accidently deleted one of my photos