Manchester Pullman

I do hope that you have you got an 86 in Rail Blue with full yellow ends, white cab roof and the early crest ?

Super work and such and at such a good rate too.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2018 at 20:46, Gibbo675 said:

I do hope that you have you got an 86 in Rail Blue with full yellow ends, white cab roof and the early crest ?

Super work and such and at such a good rate too.

Gibbo.

Not an 86 but will this do?

2A0925DE-6306-47C0-A797-85ED84C769E2.jpeg.a63e65d6c54f6d2cf98190bdc7a795cb.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 9

attachicon.gif603FC975-C18C-455E-A7B6-0C03FAC33838.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

One might say even better !

I have a fleet of Trix bodied electrics, 3 AL1's, along with an AL2, an AL3, an AL4 and an AL5 by way of cut and shut capers. Bogies are all modified and are, Hornby 86 AL1 & AL5, Hornby Hymek AL2 and Lima 33. I fortunate enough to snap up a load of body shells at a Dapol stand many years ago at a show, I think Southport in 1989, to go with my original second hand one from 1973. I must get around to finishing them off properly, unfortunately no photos from my end.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif603FC975-C18C-455E-A7B6-0C03FAC33838.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

Apart from the pantographs.

We only do the cross arm pan at the moment but I'm working on the original Stone-Faiveley type.

If anyone else is interested in the Pullman etches we don't keep them in stock but they are available to order.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Excellent work Darius.Really captures the look and feel of these vehicles in their "proper" livery.Very well done.

Thanks Peter,

I am starting to get the hang of applying the etched sides. It’s also nice to give some 1970s vintage model coaches a new lease of life

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Premium

Did you try using the etched mask to protect the paint while scraping the window frames?

• RMweb Gold

Did you try using the etched mask to protect the paint while scraping the window frames?

Hi Michael,

I did but I found it difficult to use without damaging the paintwork under the mask.

In the end I found it easier to use the flat needle file.

Cheers

Darius

I used it on the 8 car set I built originally but wondered what anyone else thought - we've sold a lot of these but yours are the only ones I have seen built so far.

Mike,

When I had some spare cash, I had enough to make an offer on a full Manchester Pullman set on ebay. To my amazement, it was accepted and I became the proud owner of a Mike Edge built set!

I know it is yours 'cos it has your makers plates on it!

Lovely model, it isn't going anywhere other than my trainset until I go unquietly into that long sleep!!!!

Chris.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mike,

When I had some spare cash, I had enough to make an offer on a full Manchester Pullman set on ebay. To my amazement, it was accepted and I became the proud owner of a Mike Edge built set!

I know it is yours 'cos it has your makers plates on it!

Lovely model, it isn't going anywhere other than my trainset until I go unquietly into that long sleep!!!!

Chris.

Good to know where that has gone, did you get the AL6 as well?