Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Web site help required

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

No joy at all on my laptop or i-pad

That literally makes no sense. You can't keep being redirected to a non-live site if you've cleared all of your cookies and browsing data. Can you browse privately/incognito?

No, I'm certainly not Steve - just someone who wanted to find out more about the person who designed the new website AND decided to leave his link on the bottom of the site despite Dave saying all the design branding was being removed before it went live.

No, Dave suggested to him that he remove his branding. Given that only a handful of people actually know the story he's presumably deemed that unnecessary though! There are, of course, at least 3 sides to every story, we've heard Dave's! That just leaves Steve's and the truth! I still wouldn't go near him.

• Like 1

As we will be opening for business very shortly and anticipating another visit, can you please answer this Dave? This project has nothing to do with us and should not be effecting our business. In the past, I have tried to be supportive to your business and was willing to offer a little more, can you help us out here?

Please get him to ring me on 07923 867847 or e-mail me at info@djmodels.co.uk and i'll sort it for him,

Can you please PM me his name for reference and i;ll look it up on the database too.

cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thanks,

Unfortunately it seems to be taking a while to propagate as although i am clearing my comps cache, i cannot see it yet.

Once everyone can see it, please feel free to comment on it, and suggest things. I may not be able to implement them but if it helps make a better web site for everyone, i will certainly listen.

Cheers

Dave

Try putting:

Into your web browser... that’s your sites IP.

New sites working fine for me, no J94’s but it says the HC is in development..

Edited by adb968008

That literally makes no sense. You can't keep being redirected to a non-live site if you've cleared all of your cookies and browsing data. Can you browse privately/incognito?

No, Dave suggested to him that he remove his branding. Given that only a handful of people actually know the story he's presumably deemed that unnecessary though! There are, of course, at least 3 sides to every story, we've heard Dave's! That just leaves Steve's and the truth! I still wouldn't go near him.

Yup,

Tried on Bing, Yahoo, google and Chrome but no joy.

the I-pad on Safari wont read it either.

Funnily enough on yahoo i get "DJmodels Official site" with the APT press release 2 lines, but when i click on it, it goes into the old site!

Told you all i was a luddite didnt i? lol

Try putting:

Into your web browser... that’s your sites IP.

New sites working fine for me, no J94’s but it says the HC is in development..

thanks mate, went straight to the old site!

I have passed the details before. As for his name, he didn't offer and by his demeanour I wasn't going to ask for it, I was trying to stay out of it. He did say his son-in-law ordered it for him. Good luck on that one. Hopefully we shall hear no more. I will be in touch if we do.

From my previous post, can you make enquiries then with DT of S and Crewe Heritage Centre and see if they sent the flyers to our shop?

As you may have guessed not too impressed with this. Had you have asked we would have willingly displayed the flyers anyway. We did display them, as we do with anything local from Model Railway exhibitions to local theatres. By local, I mean anybody who takes the time to send such information to us.

• RMweb Premium

I can't get it to the old site.

Yup,

Tried on Bing, Yahoo, google and Chrome but no joy.

the I-pad on Safari wont read it either.

Funnily enough on yahoo i get "DJmodels Official site" with the APT press release 2 lines, but when i click on it, it goes into the old site!

Even browsing privately? Ctrl+Shift+N in Chrome, or on iPad go into Safari, go to the tab oveview and click private? That should bypass saved browsing data.

Apologies, njee20, in my haste to comment, I missed that it was Dave who suggested the designers branding should be removed.

I agree entirely with your other comments, although I must say I found the detail on the designers website quite interesting and most forum members who know nothing about how websites are developed, may also find his explanations interesting and worthy of a read. That said, and after all Dave's experience with him to date, I too would never consider using him in the event that I was unable to design my own websites.

• Like 1

On Firefox try:

• "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux) --> should do the same on Chrome etc this is an alternative ctrl + f5
  • Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)

Note to press buttons in order and to not release them.

Otherwise it looks like it is back to the IT guy I'm afraid.

I have passed the details before. As for his name, he didn't offer and by his demeanour I wasn't going to ask for it, I was trying to stay out of it. He did say his son-in-law ordered it for him. Good luck on that one. Hopefully we shall hear no more. I will be in touch if we do.

From my previous post, can you make enquiries then with DT of S and Crewe Heritage Centre and see if they sent the flyers to our shop?

As you may have guessed not too impressed with this. Had you have asked we would have willingly displayed the flyers anyway. We did display them, as we do with anything local from Model Railway exhibitions to local theatres. By local, I mean anybody who takes the time to send such information to us.

sounds like it may have been a customer that left them without asking as you do not know how there arrived 

Edited by mozzer models

Hi,

I totally understand your thoughts on this matter and please rest assured i have asked both other parties and neither has any knowledge of this.

I'll keep asking around but so far its looking like no one from the 3 parties mentioned has done this.

If you do get to find out, please mail me, and likewise i'll do the same if i find out.

Sorry you've been troubled.

Dave

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Great feedback for you both here and on PM, and thanks for it.

Although i cannot still get onto view the site as admin or as a potential customer, i know lots of you can.

i have managed to have a placeholder put on the home page stating about the problems encountered at the minute and asking for patience while i get them put right.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 2

sounds like it may have been a customer that left them without asking as you do not know how there arrived 

When I worked for the Signalbox we did have odd occasions of people walking in and leaving a block of leaflets on the counter without asking like as if they are afraid to ask!

Fortunately most were rail related, but there was one offering personal massage services - which quite quickly found itself in the bin.

I am surprised this guy is taking it out on the shop where he picked up a flyer. It would be like going to the model shop to complain about how bad the model show was from a flyer they picked up in store.

Next time I'm at a hotel and I visit some local tourist site based on the flyers they have there, which I then find naff, I will come back and complain to the hotel directly!

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Great site Dave.

Pity you of all people can't see it!

As for Widnes Model Centre's problem if it was me I would tell the guy in question to p!$$ off. And I would stop bothering Dave about it as he has plenty of other stuff to do.

Someone unknon left leaflets in the shop and they have now been removed. Meanwhile some wally who does not understand these things is asking the wrong people for APT updates. Sell him a wagon or something.

Best wishes

Colin

• Like 3

hi everyone,

some snags have been looked at and completed / corrected but some still exist which.

some snagging still exists including login , account creation, the class 92's in version liveries etc

seems there are more problems than i knew about, but please be patient and i hope to have them cleared up very soon

Thanks

Dave

I can get on to the new website without any problems, and I agree that it looks great. But I can't see how to pre-order a King; I'm just told to contact DJ Models. Can't see how the e-commerce bit is supposed to work. Am I missing something?

And I can get to a "login" screen, which pre-supposes that I have already registered, but I can't find a way of registering. Again, am I missing something?

(I'm using Firefox browser.)

- Michael

Great site Dave.

Pity you of all people can't see it!

As for Widnes Model Centre's problem if it was me I would tell the guy in question to p!$$ off. And I would stop bothering Dave about it as he has plenty of other stuff to do.

Someone unknon left leaflets in the shop and they have now been removed. Meanwhile some wally who does not understand these things is asking the wrong people for APT updates. Sell him a wagon or something.

Best wishes

Colin

Hi Colin,

I have sent you a PM regarding this.

• RMweb Gold

I can get on to the new website without any problems, and I agree that it looks great. But I can't see how to pre-order a King; I'm just told to contact DJ Models. Can't see how the e-commerce bit is supposed to work. Am I missing something?

And I can get to a "login" screen, which pre-supposes that I have already registered, but I can't find a way of registering. Again, am I missing something?

(I'm using Firefox browser.)

- Michael

Hi Michael,

I am sure Dave will reply in terms of pre-ordering the model, but the account is created when you place an order I think, looking at the site - its part of the checkout process.

Edit, nice clean site btw Dave!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

Hi,

I totally understand your thoughts on this matter and please rest assured i have asked both other parties and neither has any knowledge of this.

I'll keep asking around but so far its looking like no one from the 3 parties mentioned has done this.

If you do get to find out, please mail me, and likewise i'll do the same if i find out.

Sorry you've been troubled.

Dave

Please get him to ring me on 07923 867847 or e-mail me at info@djmodels.co.uk and i'll sort it for him,

Can you please PM me his name for reference and i;ll look it up on the database too.

cheers

Dave

Partial apology from me. I gave the guy your email address. I also emailed you moments later to give you a heads up. I had taken the email address straight from my "contacts". Dave Jones: nthusiast@hotmail.com 

Checking today and that is the only email I had for you. You mighty find both the emails there, if you still use that hotmail account

Edited by Widnes Model Centre

• RMweb Premium

If you are unable to view the new website, it is likely to be your service provider (Broadband supplier) not updating their name server frequently enough. It can take several days for all the name servers in the world to catch up with all the new, or moved, websites.

I can access the new webserver from work, but our work's connection to the Internet is in Prague (I get lots of adverts in Czech because websites think I live there). When I open the DJM website, I get the following error:

Notice: Undefined index: country in /var/www/web/app/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-geolite-integration.php on line 60

I also get a huge blow up of a small part of the APT picture, but the rest of the website seems OK.

Partial apology from me. I gave the guy your email address. I also emailed you moments later to give you a heads up. I had taken the email address straight from my "contacts". Dave Jones: nthusiast@hotmail.com

Checking today and that is the only email I had for you. You mighty find both the emails there, if you still use that hotmail account

Not a problem, and you can also use info@djmodels.co.uk

I've checked my mail and nothing from him or you today!

• Like 1