Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

'scuse me butting in Mr P.

I preferred you original plan, this one looks like too many loops and not enough sidings.

Where you had  'lifted track' on the original, I would have put a porta cabin there for the 08 crew instead of the mess hut in the middle, then used that space for a nice road access to the coal road.

Interesting thoughts Mick, although there are still the same 5 Sidings, just arranged slightly differently.

I've been looking at the O Gauge Goods Yard at our Club this evening, and still considering some ideas from that for inspiration.

post-9335-0-42921700-1538515332_thumb.png

• Like 4

Like the plan Andy plenty of shunting heaven. See you've purchased an 0 gauge hammer

That's the N Gauge one Martin, :O  the two and a half pounder is the proper O Gauge one :no: , but difficult to work with Track Pins, hahha. :sungum:

So the FINAL PLAN at Dore End is almost laid, plenty of sidings, 7 in fact, and a nice curve to the Main line under the Road Bridge as a continuation of the Old, now disused Freight only Branch to the Docks..

post-9335-0-35985500-1538592459_thumb.png

post-9335-0-82415600-1538592529_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14811900-1538592585_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92762100-1538592643_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74660800-1538592706_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75505600-1538592785_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-08799400-1538592831_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Good news for the Friends of The Kettle Society, today I have ordered a Heljan 61XX in BR Black with the early crest.

I know which I prefer having been to SVR, pulled up to Bridgnorth by majestic "Britannia" and back part the way by Class 50 "Ark Royal".

We choked on the diesel fumes in the tunnel coming into Kidderminster, my grandson said, "Grampa, that's toxic!" while he was happy to have head in the steam and smuts as much as I'd let him.

So bravo, nice choice, you can have an early "Heritage" running session on Seven Mills whenever you choose.

Colin

• Like 2

Good news for the Friends of The Kettle Society, today I have ordered a Heljan 61XX in BR Black with the early crest.

attachicon.gifHeljan 61XX.jpg

Clive M did say I had deviated.

Like, but puzzled. Are you leasing a track to a preservation society? The S&D perhaps? Keep up the good work. Trevor

• Like 1

Excellent choice in motive power Andy! Hmmm I wonder, I bet a 43xx would look a fine stable mate for that lonely beauty!!!

John

Thanks John, but the 43XX might look a bit silly on the curve being Tender Loco, we will see.

Shaking my head in disbelief  Now what are you doing? Carrying on shaking my head in disbelief.

that doesn't come under 1970's BR....what have you done?

I know which I prefer having been to SVR, pulled up to Bridgnorth by majestic "Britannia" and back part the way by Class 50 "Ark Royal".

We choked on the diesel fumes in the tunnel coming into Kidderminster, my grandson said, "Grampa, that's toxic!" while he was happy to have head in the steam and smuts as much as I'd let him.

So bravo, nice choice, you can have an early "Heritage" running session on Seven Mills whenever you choose.

Colin

Like, but puzzled. Are you leasing a track to a preservation society? The S&D perhaps? Keep up the good work. Trevor

O.K. Guys, no big deal.           

I ENJOY Model Railways, and as I still have the 2 X Panniers and the Jinty along with the Steam period Stock I can now enjoy a change when the mood takes me.

I saw the 61XX at Telford and liked the look of it, but on Tuesday night a Club mate had one running on our Colliery Layout and it looked so handsome, so I decided it would make a good companion for the Panniers and 45XX when that comes out.

TBH the larger Diesels do look a little tight on the 40.5 inch radius curve, similarly the same would apply to longer Modern Goods Stock and Passenger Coaches, so running as a Freight only Branch and shorter Locos / Stock looks much better. 

As the main infrastructure will be 1960's/ 70's it will still look correct as a Freight only run down Branch, even when running 80's Railfreight Stock behind a 20 or 25 etc.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

It was 1985, I know that because I had a New MG Montego Turbo EFI as a Company Demonstrator, and I was working in Chichester. I would go to either the Race Circuit / Airfield, or the Station in my lunch hour.

When at the Station I remember seeing a Blue Diesel, delivering / collecting / shunting 16T Minerals in the old Coal Yard, it was the last days / weeks / Months, as it's size had been reduced and would only hold about half a dozen wagons. I cant remember what sort of Blue Diesel it was, but I also remember Class 56's on Cargowagons to a Warehouse on the Bognor side of Town.

Hence the reason I can model 16T Minerals and a few Brown Vans etc. in either period.

ALSO RULE 1 :sungum:  :onthequiet: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

It was 1985, I know that because I had a New MG Montego Turbo EFI as a Company Demonstrator, and I was working in Chichester. I would go to either the Race Circuit / Airfield, or the Station in my lunch hour.

When at the Station I remember seeing a Blue Diesel, delivering / collecting / shunting 16T Minerals in the old Coal Yard, it was the last days / weeks / Months, as it's size had been reduced and would only hold about half a dozen wagons. I cant remember what sort of Blue Diesel it was, but I also remember Class 56's on Cargowagons to a Warehouse on the Bognor side of Town.

Hence the reason I can model 16T Minerals and a few Brown Vans etc. in either period.

ALSO RULE 1 :sungum:  :onthequiet: 

I do have a fleet of 5 Terriers to play with on Hither Green when no one is looking

• Like 2

I hope the stream will be suitably polluted with the oil depot so close by :-)

I have the Black 08 / 13003 for Trip working in and out of there, haha.  :sungum:  :sungum:

That needs a GOOD weathering as well. :scared:

• Like 1

This morning I finished all the Track Laying at Dore End, and so I put some Stock on, and took some pickies, all I need to do now is turn the boards over, fit the Point Motors and do the wiring.

post-9335-0-61966600-1538659480_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04540500-1538659533_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91779300-1538659576_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86437100-1538659627_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18645700-1538659667_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24744100-1538659712_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

attachicon.gifHeljan 61XX.jpg

Clive M did say I had deviated.

Hey Andy  great news!

I've a 4mm Bachman large prairie like that and always liked the workman-like look of it.

Then last week we stayed at Glyndyfrdwy with views like this outside the window.

post-25234-0-23947200-1538659591_thumb.jpg

And I was really struck by just how good looking these really were, so to maintain your

enthusiasm I share these pics as a reminder.

post-25234-0-50710600-1538659767_thumb.jpg

Whilst I'm about it, can I check with Clive M - is this a class 104 (I checked it was green before asking).

post-25234-0-85902900-1538659883_thumb.jpg

All the best

• Like 8

Hey Andy  great news!

I've a 4mm Bachman large prairie like that and always liked the workman-like look of it.

Then last week we stayed at Glyndyfrdwy with views like this outside the window.

attachicon.gifDSC_2228.JPG

And I was really struck by just how good looking these really were, so to maintain your

attachicon.gifDSC_2357.JPG

Whilst I'm about it, can I check with Clive M - is this a class 104 (I checked it was green before asking).

attachicon.gifDSC_2262.JPG

All the best

Very nice Tony, and thanks for posting the pics on here.

My one will be No 4144 of Severn Tunnel Junction Shed, the 8750 Pannier and the Jinty are both 6A Cres Newydd, time period a little out, but Rule 1 applies.

The other Pannier, No 6439 in Late Crest Green is from Pontypool Shed by the looks of things.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hey Andy  great news!

attachicon.gifDSC_2228.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2357.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_2262.JPG

All the best

Hi Tony

It is a Wickham's DMU class 109. Five were built, two were sold to Trinidad ( I think), and one was converted to an officers saloon. The other two were recycled  into Contina Mk111s after being withdrawn.  The officers saloon lasted for many years and has since, as your photo shows, been preserved. They were very much part of the East Anglia scene and worked alongside the Cravens units. 

I have a part built MTK one, last worked on 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,....9  Oh! many years ago.

Heljan 37's for sale.              PM's only please of genuine interest.

Due to the restricted curve between Seven Mills and Dore End, I have decided that the 37's are a little to large for normal running. 

So I have for sale the following.

Split Headcode 37, un numbered, and is still anolog. 

I purchased this second hand from a friend at the Telford Show, and was able to see it running on the Test Track, on which it performed impeccably.

The Box lid is a little marked, NOT TORN, but just some scratches.

It comes complete with all the paperwork and extra fittings.

post-9335-0-24722000-1538933954_thumb.jpg

The second is a Brand New Large Logo beast.

This is currently in the hands of David / Jintyman for numbering to 37183.

One Motor being removed for normal OO Sound fitting and a big Bass Speaker.

NOTE that a single Motor is fine on most home Layouts.

It is also having a High Intensity Headlight being fitted.

post-9335-0-68122200-1538934384_thumb.jpg

SEE POST #705

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

So no 40 or 47 for Dore End either then

Any chance of McDore End and some 26s or 27s

No 40's, 47's  or 37 now I'm afraid mate.

I do have a very soft spot for 26's and 27's as I had them on my OO Exhibition Layout Glen Roy, (see link below).

Edited by Andrew P