Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

24 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

If they come by road, perhaps the road tanker would be seen crossing the new bridge en route? 

Its a weak Bridge, George only made it out of Plasticard so the Tanker has to take the Ring Road.:swoon:

• Funny 3

Just wandering ....as one does during Lock :pickeat:down....  an interesting observation with regard to the 'police'  presence at Bench Road ...rumours are that quantities of fuel oil have been disappearing over the last twelve months !!!!   police inquires are focusing on the fact that Lazy Joe is regularly seen with oil drums around the site....also they are looking to interview two 'train-spotters (grisers) who have been seen taking photographs around the site who might be able to help with their inquiries ........any comment Mr Peters :crazy:

• Funny 5

5 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Just wandering ....as one does during Lock :pickeat:down....  an interesting observation with regard to the 'police'  presence at Bench Road ...rumours are that quantities of fuel oil have been disappearing over the last twelve months !!!!   police inquires are focusing on the fact that Lazy Joe is regularly seen with oil drums around the site....also they are looking to interview two 'train-spotters (grisers) who have been seen taking photographs around the site who might be able to help with their inquiries ........any comment Mr Peters :crazy:

Funny you should say that.

One Company I worked at, kept loosing large quantities of Oil. Obviously the Staff were the first suspects, so Security Cameras were put up.

It transpired that Certain Fellows of the Traveller Community had drilled a hole in the back of the Tank from the Woods next door, and every time the Delivery came, they could Syphon off Drums full. Amazing, and I never even got a cut of the profits.:nono:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Funny you should say that.

One Company I worked at, kept loosing large quantities of Oil. Obviously the Staff were the first suspects, so Security Cameras were put up.

It transpired that Certain Fellows of the Traveller Community had drilled a hole in the back of the Tank from the Woods next door, and every time the Delivery came, they could Syphon off Drums full. Amazing, and I never even got a cut of the profits.:nono:

Your defo on the suspects list now Mr Peter's ......sounds like you have passed history regarding this type of crime ......was George involved :jester:

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Your defo on the suspects list now Mr Peter's ......sounds like you have passed history regarding this type of crime ......was George involved :jester:

No but Geoffery, Zippy and Bungle are in for questioning.

• Funny 1

7 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

As you are such a cheapskate I have added one virtually. 

1246725641_bridgebus.jpg.968a4019c705c5520c2eb53f8b97a1c2.jpg

I think I need to perfect my photoshop skills that said

Paul R

Can you change the Destination and Colour?:banghead:

• Funny 4

On 15/02/2021 at 11:47, Andrew P said:

Anyone interested in this 40, No 40007, Fitted with a large Zimo Chip, and loaded with a Paul Chetter Sound Project.

Pro Weathered and 1 x Crew, superb runner on my smallish layout.

£695 inc postage.

UDSCF4622.JPG.eacf7dcaad131a214dd6d6f4c75cefb7.JPG

UDSCF4624.JPG.68d5358e8890cddf96057b96d1f19046.JPG

I've re Edited this, as I thought I had removed one Motor when in fact I haven't, so it has the Large Chip and both Motors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pwr said:

Andy

Any chance your next video can show the oil tanker delivering fuel to Bench Road. From your last few photos it only made it as far as SMS and given the number of locos you have had up their to fuel, supplies must be getting low!!!!!

Just a thought or do supplies come by road?

Paul R

I have added a Video of the Oil Tanker being delivered, which should be in Video 78 I think Paul.

Thanks for a great suggestion.:good:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, APT Fan said:

Sorry dumb question. but why do you remove motors from the Loco's?

Thanks

I know Andy will provide a better response, but removing one of the motors reduces the power required, which means that the model can use a standard OO gauge decoder, which are cheaper than the O gauge/large scale versions.

Rich

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, APT Fan said:

Sorry dumb question. but why do you remove motors from the Loco's?

Thanks

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

I know Andy will provide a better response, but removing one of the motors reduces the power required, which means that the model can use a standard OO gauge decoder, which are cheaper than the O gauge/large scale versions.

Rich

Hi APT Fan ? and Thanks Rich, Rich is absolutely right, IMHO Heljan are over engineered in the Motor dept, so to save almost £70 per Chip per Loco simply remove one Motor and use an OO Chip. Examples on my Layout are the pair of 20's, both 25's, both Large Logo 37's and the 47. Also one added bonus is that it gives you spare gears for future use should any split.

I've heard a tale of a Motor being removed from a single 20, and it still pulled about 6 or so Heljan Mk1 Coaches around a big Layout, so more than enough power for my small and simple Yard etc which is mainly light Engine or a couple of Wagons.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1