Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Until you change your mind - probably next week :yes: :yes:

Enjoying the thread, but still prefer the panniers :) :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

We are only allowed to press one button so as i couldn't press funny as well as agree here is

Hahahahahaha.......

• Like 1

Until you change your mind - probably next week :yes: :yes:

Enjoying the thread, but still prefer the panniers :) :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

We are only allowed to press one button so as i couldn't press funny as well as agree here is

Hahahahahaha.......

I only change my mind when the mood takes me in a different direction, today I've got the Blues, hahah. :no:

• Like 2

This morning I started the process of weathering the Track to reduce the look of height on the Rail sides before I add the Ballast so that the Sleepers will be a different colour from the Ballast.

Using the Air Brush with Acrylic paint from my dregs jar, where I tip all the un used paint from the Air Brush. I then gave the Rail tops a clean with a bit of ply wood, as track rubbers tend to leave debris on the sleepers. 

Firstly as it was.

post-9335-0-91230700-1539867285_thumb.jpg

Apart from the end of Seven Mills Sidings, I've done around to the River crossing.

post-9335-0-45388000-1539866779_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48405100-1539866832_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52775200-1539866897_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45388000-1539866779_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48405100-1539866832_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52775200-1539866897_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91230700-1539867285_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

This morning I started the process of weathering the Track to reduce the look of height on the Rail sides before I add the Ballast so that the Sleepers will be a different colour from the Ballast.

Using the Air Brush with Acrylic paint from my dregs jar, where I tip all the un used paint from the Air Brush. I then gave the Rail tops a clean with a bit of ply wood, as track rubbers tend to leave debris on the sleepers. 

Firstly as it was.

attachicon.gifIMG_5963.JPG

Apart from the end of Seven Mills Sidings, I've done around to the River crossing.

attachicon.gifIMG_6070.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6071.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_6072.JPG

Andy matey

I bet you have painted only the side you can see? :scratchhead:

I have painted both sides of my track................only because it can be viewed on both sides. :imsohappy:

Nah, I agree with Clive you need one of these meandering around, which will look very nice in 7mm....

attachicon.gif1076.jpg

You will even have a bridge to pose it on!

Don't forget the three birds.....

Naaaa No Station for it to go to mate, SORRY.

Andy matey

I bet you have painted only the side you can see? :scratchhead:

I have painted both sides of my track................only because it can be viewed on both sides. :imsohappy:

WRONG  :sungum:  I learnt that lesson many years ago mate, and modern cameras can get in almost anywhere.

• Like 1

looks good Andy ...... right whats all this stubbornness as you get older ?  :threaten:

I'm not having a station  :nono:

I'm not having a Bubble Car  :nono:

I'm not having a Bogcart  :nono:

:drag:  ...... I seem to remember the same Stubborn old Mule saying ..I'm sticking with 4mm,  no I'm not, I'm going to have some 4mm & some 7mm,  no I'm not, I'm selling my 4mm and going totally 7mm .... there seems to be a pattern forming of  ... CRACKING !!!

post-8721-0-33410200-1539889727.jpg post-8721-0-94811800-1539889745.jpg

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 6

looks good Andy ...... right whats all this stubbornness as you get older ?  :threaten:

I'm not having a station  :nono:

I'm not having a Bubble Car  :nono:

I'm not having a Bogcart  :nono:

:drag:  ...... I seem to remember the same Stubborn old Mule saying ..I'm sticking with 4mm,  no I'm not, I'm going to have some 4mm & some 7mm,  no I'm not, I'm selling my 4mm and going totally 7mm .... there seems to be a pattern forming of  ... CRACKING !!!

attachicon.gifResistence is Futile.jpg attachicon.gifDapol blue bubble.jpg

I did look at pics of Kings Moreton today :O  :scared:  :scared:

Now lets get back to this O Gauge project. :sungum:

• Like 1

Today I've ordered the Level Crossing Gates and some fencing, I've also ordered a couple of Signal Boxes, they have full interior detail, the small one will go next to the Level Crossing, and the larger one at Dore End. Both will need re painting into BR / WR colours. The Signal Boxes will take a couple of Months to arrive as they need casting made up and painted by Invertrains

post-9335-0-03019100-1539897549.jpg

post-9335-0-18242600-1539897578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Also this afternoon I did the first section of Ballasting up to the Point by the Level Crossing. I cant do around the Level Crossing untill I've built in the Road way and centre Track section over the crossing.

It's done with Gaugemaster OO Ballast and I added some Woodlands Scenics Fine Cinders for the Cess and some mixed in where Locos will stand.

I have just been out to photograph it, and It's still quite wet, hence being a little dark still, and some PVA still showing.

post-9335-0-56120000-1539899599_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27093600-1539899654_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04335700-1539899715_thumb.jpg

NOTE = IT EATS BALLAST. = 1 bag of Ballast per Track, i.e. 6ft per bag.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

The Invertrain stuff is quite good, the castings are nice and crisp and they go together well.

You'll have that lot finished in no time!!!

Yes Ballast is consumed at an alarming rate with 7mm!!!

I've been saving up my Woodlands Scenics Medium Grey and Medium Grey Blend which I mix together.

I have six tubs of each, but still not sure if it will be enough!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

all this talk about steam, PAH, we are here to look at nice blue diesels. (however a blue bubble car on a driver route learning special won't need a platform to stop at)

It is coming along great, enjoying the progress and the video's. the sounds persuaded me to cancel my sound fitted 08's preorder, and order non fitted ones and will buy paul chetter sound chips to fit when they get here 

• Like 1

Can't sleep so l thought l would have a catch up, WOW Andy ballasting already, my you are moving on a pace, l am so glad you decided you take this one nice-an-easy   Hahahahahahaha   looks good anyway....love the signal boxes, you will have to link them by bells for when we come down for a play...

The Invertrain stuff is quite good, the castings are nice and crisp and they go together well.

You'll have that lot finished in no time!!!

Yes Ballast is consumed at an alarming rate with 7mm!!!

I've been saving up my Woodlands Scenics Medium Grey and Medium Grey Blend which I mix together.

I have six tubs of each, but still not sure if it will be enough!

Jinty ;)

I'm looking forward to getting the Signal Boxes, they do look good and were recommended by a couple of our Club Members.

As for the Ballast consumption, well yours is bigger than mine, :O  :nono:  The Gaugemaster Ballast is about 3 or 4 colours, with a black ish and at least a couple of light and dark Greys, so the blend looks quite good, and not just one flat bland colour.

• Like 1

all this talk about steam, PAH, we are here to look at nice blue diesels. (however a blue bubble car on a driver route learning special won't need a platform to stop at)

It is coming along great, enjoying the progress and the video's. the sounds persuaded me to cancel my sound fitted 08's preorder, and order non fitted ones and will buy paul chetter sound chips to fit when they get here 

The Steam stuff is nice, but my personal preference is Diesel, BUT.

I have said many times, with Diesels, be it real ones at a Diesel Gala, or Model at Exhibitions, more than a couple ticking over and it just becomes an awful noise, where as half a dozen Steam Locos in the same two situations sound O.K.

As for the 08, Digi Trains do the Paul Chetter ones, (NOTE PLUREL, as Paul has done a Version 1 and 2 from two different 08's)  and Jintyman can supply the large round or the Cube speakers. I have the Round in 3316 and the Cube in 08173.

All the best and enjoy.

• Like 2

Can't sleep so l thought l would have a catch up, WOW Andy ballasting already, my you are moving on a pace, l am so glad you decided you take this one nice-an-easy   Hahahahahahaha   looks good anyway....love the signal boxes, you will have to link them by bells for when we come down for a play...

Funnily enough I do have a nice Bell, It's a big Brass one, the sort used in Hotels, my Parents bought it for me in Turkey some 20+ years ago.

I'll be out to see how the Ballast is looking shortly after breakfast.

Edited by Andrew P

Just been out for a quick look at the Ballast and it's dried really well, it doesn't look like the PVA has missed any areas and so now I can clean up the Rail Tops, Test  and move forward.

Because the Road is on a curve, making the Road for the Level Crossing surface join the Rail sides and the centre section could be a little tricky to say the least, should be fun though.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

The Steam stuff is nice, but my personal preference is Diesel, BUT.

I have said many times, with Diesels, be it real ones at a Diesel Gala, or Model at Exhibitions, more than a couple ticking over and it just becomes an awful noise, where as half a dozen Steam Locos in the same two situations sound O.K.

As for the 08, Digi Trains do the Paul Chetter ones, (NOTE PLUREL, as Paul has done a Version 1 and 2 from two different 08's)  and Jintyman can supply the large round or the Cube speakers. I have the Round in 3316 and the Cube in 08173.

All the best and enjoy.

Thanks for that info. Hopefully one of the sounds is an 08 without drive belts as mine will become 09’s

Regarding idling, I turn the volume down, as at home unlike an exhibition hall, the loco is not competing with a crowd and space. You can’t hear a loco idling from 1 mile away, so scale distances for sound volume should be similar

• Like 1