Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Excellent news Andy ......better get the shed tidy ready for the master layout builder .....at least there are two layouts operating this year  :jester:

Will you have Chester Northgate working and Chumley End?

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard, Good to hear from you, I have since ( 5 weeks ago) bought another 3 Dapol 16T Minerals in Grey, and hopefully picking up 2 more when I go to Wales next week. We do tend to go around in circles, hahah, that will be enough for Dore End Coal Yard.

It would be good to see you progress on here mate.

All the best.

Your wish is my command:

The sidings looking west.

The main line and head shunt go under the bridge. The main ending up at a junction that feed traffic to either Cardiff (Riverside) or Cardiff (Queen St).

post-6195-0-96214100-1540556276_thumb.jpg

Looking east, you have Splott Halt and the lines leading off to Splott East and Pengam Junction.

post-6195-0-84679700-1540556293_thumb.jpg.

I hope those who just flick through, realize that you have not torn up your stuff and started again!

• Like 6

Your wish is my command:

The sidings looking west.

The main line and head shunt go under the bridge. The main ending up at a junction that feed traffic to either Cardiff (Riverside) or Cardiff (Queen St).

attachicon.gifDSC_0146.JPG

Looking east, you have Splott Halt and the lines leading off to Splott East and Pengam Junction.

attachicon.gifDSC_0147.JPG.

I hope those who just flick through, realize that you have not torn up your stuff and started again!

Looking good Richard.

Heaven forbid that I should want to rip anything up and start again mate. although Dore End will be re looked at upon my return from Welsh Wales. :O

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Nice morning at Club, I decided NOT to stay for the Fish and Chips today as I have a long day tomorrow, so picked up some F & C on the way home for my good self and the Good Lady Wife.

I did enjoy running into Dornoch, and kept looking at the Track Plan there with it's Platform and small Engine Shed and Coaling Stage.

These pics were taken last year, and obviously mine would be Welsh not Scottish.

post-9335-0-94156600-1540558934_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19258500-1540559018_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77341900-1540559165_thumb.jpg

Food for thought? :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

Andy

Do you remember that small layout based on the Wishbech and Upwell which revolved. He made the same layout four times in 4 differtn time zones and seasons. When he wanted a change he moved the layout 90 degrees and it appeared all over again. It wasnt very big but you could have something similar. When you want steam just roll over 180 degrees. 

You could then have the best of both worlds.

I think maybe I should keep taking the tablets!

Paul R

• Like 1

Hi Andy. How are you getting on with your DCC Signa... unit. I like the look of this and it is British rather than coming from overseas. My ECoS system is fine but is a little complicated to use. Perhaps one day in the not too distant future I will have to change it but have not decided which one to go for. This will not happen for some time yet but I like to be prepared. Your comments would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Rod

• Like 1

Andy

Do you remember that small layout based on the Wishbech and Upwell which revolved. He made the same layout four times in 4 differtn time zones and seasons. When he wanted a change he moved the layout 90 degrees and it appeared all over again. It wasnt very big but you could have something similar. When you want steam just roll over 180 degrees. 

You could then have the best of both worlds.

I think maybe I should keep taking the tablets!

Paul R

Yeah Paul, whatever your on, I'll have a dozen, hahha :no:

Hi Andy. How are you getting on with your DCC Signa... unit. I like the look of this and it is British rather than coming from overseas. My ECoS system is fine but is a little complicated to use. Perhaps one day in the not too distant future I will have to change it but have not decided which one to go for. This will not happen for some time yet but I like to be prepared. Your comments would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Rod

Hi Rod, the main feature I like is being able to name functions for individual Locos, rather than trying to remember where the Coal Shovelling is or what F15 does etc. You can also set each individual Function to Latch, as in Sound / Lights etc, or Momentary, as in Horns, Bells etc.

post-9335-0-08521500-1540569524_thumb.jpg

Setting up is so easy, and if, you need to phone them for info, help or advice, there only in Manchester.

As you may have seen, I have now purchased a second Hand Set, so in effect I can run a Loco on each Hand Set and one on the Panel. You can have 4 Hand Sets. Also the Hand Set action on the Knob is superb.

post-9335-0-72517800-1540569913_thumb.jpg

Also you can scroll up or down to find a Loco in the system so easier than running through in one direction.

post-9335-0-23880800-1540569814.jpg

Setting up of individual Chips can be done, i.e. altering CV's etc.

All in all, I find it superb. If there was a down side, it would be the fact that there are only 5 Function Buttons on the hand set, but I tend to run with the same Locos set up on the main screen, so if I want to use F12 or F18 for example, I do that on the main screen.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks

Rod

I like the Signa-Trak unit, the Exeter Gauge 0 Group has purchased one, and its available for running on club nights!

Straightforward to use, and you have the choice of driving from the touchscreen on the main unit, or assigning a loco to a "classic style" handset, which has a large speed knob and direction switch, plus function control bittons.  

There is an RMweb discussion on the Sign-Trak here:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101990-new-dcc-controller-ace-from-sig-na-trak/

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1

I like the Signa-Trak unit, the Exeter Gauge 0 Group has purchased one, and its available for running on club nights!

Straightforward to use, and you have the choice of driving from the touchscreen on the main unit, or assigning a loco to a "classic style" handset, which has a large speed knob and direction switch, plus function control bittons.  

There is an RMweb discussion on the Sign-Trak here:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/101990-new-dcc-controller-ace-from-sig-na-trak/

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers Dave, good to see your Club likes it too.

Edited by Andrew P

Good to meet up with you and GeorgeT today, Andy.

Have a great trip to Wales.

Hi Duncan, Good to meet up with you as well, and to be able to come up and recognise me, even without my Mug of Tea in my hand.

Well done, and thanks for the Holiday wishes.

• Like 1

Great trip up to George T's at Hazel Grove, Stockport this morning, well I say great in the loosest possible terms.

This is the Snow we met at Peak Forest at 9am on the way up.

post-9335-0-59433800-1540657704_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29939500-1540657760_thumb.jpg

And Sunshine at 3pm on the way home.

post-9335-0-44111400-1540657847_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45251600-1540657912_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

Brave man Hahahaha, Thanks to you and Big John for coming up here to the grim north to sort out my shorting problems on PSY,  and it STILL works Hahaha, so now l can get on with fitting the point motors at long last, and get on with some modelling....Thanks again Mate.....

• Like 1