Accurascale on tour

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Matt said:

37/4 in 1980s - 90s guise. They must be planning to do and where better to announce? Prob means I’ll be wrong…

If it helps its at least one completely new unannounced range. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

So that TT range really is in development then! 

Makes a lot of commercial sense, smaller so you can get more on each shipping container to help reduce shipping costs and being smaller means people can run longer trains in the same space so will need to buy more from you. 

Look forward to seeing you all in Glasgow.

cheers

Mark

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

So that TT range really is in development then! 

Makes a lot of commercial sense, smaller so you can get more on each shipping container to help reduce shipping costs and being smaller means people can run longer trains in the same space so will need to buy more from you. 

Look forward to seeing you all in Glasgow.

cheers

Mark

That is almost an argument for N, you are getting yourself into dangerous cake decorating territory.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

To be honest, I am not 100% what is meant by a "range". Do Accurascale have many ranges at the moment - 0 and 00 or are there others - accessories range, detailing parts range, wagon range?

A range implies a set of complimentary products. We can probably rule out Steam Punk and "Lion Trains on film". If it is another gauge I would guess 009 but the definition of a range is very broad. It could even be a range of Mk2 coaches B, C and D or a LNER range etc.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling

13 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

To be honest, I am not 100% what is meant by a "range". Do Accurascale have many ranges at the moment - 0 and 00 or are there others - accessories range, detailing parts range, wagon range?

A range implies a set of complimentary products. We can probably rule out Steam Punk and "Lion Trains on film". If it is another gauge I would guess 009 but the definition of a range is very broad. It could even be a range of Mk2 coaches B, C and D or a LNER range etc.

A range of vehicles on the same chassis? E.g. the HAA, MHA, CDA series to come. So could be HEA, CEA, MEA, MFA, which would fit in with Accurascale's moving Britain ethos.

Dagnabbit Mr BR Blue, you cunningly tricked me into having a guess.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, McC said:

9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

A Scottish engine?

Always thought those Andrew Barclay and North British diesel shunting engines were quite cute, and they were a range !!!

The little tiny hump backed things or the class 06 or anything in between. 

And we all know how small engines have become very in vogue in the model world

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Always thought those Andrew Barclay and North British diesel shunting engines were quite cute, and they were a range !!!

The little tiny hump backed things or the class 06 or anything in between. 

And we all know how small engines have become very in vogue in the model world

Whilst I’m generally not in favour of retooling something which already exists in RTR*, there are some existing models so bad that (IMHO) a new tooling is called for. A Class 92 was one and an 06 is another. Heljan is quietly tackling small diesel shunters, though, and Mr. Kohler might do another knee jerk.

* Perhaps I am; it eases financial pressure! 

13 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

I'm guessing something that worked in Scotland would seem an appropriate announcement for Model Rail Scotland show 

LNER K4 perhaps?? 

Suggestions of a K4 have been ignored. It could be. I reckon it would sell itself. Like a U, it seems to me an obvious choice. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, McC said:

HST/Mk3 range please!! 

I’ve just been working out the requirements for my planned layout and need around 14 sets to run the working timetable! So around 24 power cars and 105 coaches. 

I certainly won’t be giving Hornby that business, so if you guys don’t produce one I might have to model somewhere else! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Whilst I’m generally not in favour of retooling something which already exists in RTR*, there are some existing models so bad that (IMHO) a new tooling is called for. A Class 92 was one and an 06 is another. Heljan is quietly tackling small diesel shunters, though, and Mr. Kohler might do another knee jerk.

* Perhaps I am; it eases financial pressure! 

I was thinking of something like this

NCB North British shunter - UK Standard Gauge Industrial Modelling - RMweb

or this

4w diesel hydraulic locomotive, Esso, Fawley Refinery, 'Tiger' (srpsmuseum.org.uk)

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The bauxite wagon announcement,is that it for show or is there another for Glasgow lurking up an unsuspecting kilt for the show??

oh no. The bauxite HUO was barely an appetiser  ;) 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2