I’ve had some new stock arrive at Wyvern Road last week.  Some Revolution Trains log wagons, which are exceptionally nice although I think I prefer them with the later style stanchions.  Also arrived were some Cavalex Coil wagons, equally as nice.  We are being spoilt for choice by the smaller independent manufacturers (Hornby and Bachmann take note).  Both new wagon sets are seen at Foundry Junction.

B53F1A3B-19A7-4CBE-B8DA-F0917BFCC7AC.jpeg

79E38906-1B5F-4CBE-9984-5AB81B15AD2D.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Chorrr they look fantastic! 

How are you finding the IWAs? Do they derail at all? The flanges are a bit too shallow for my layout's trackwork so will need to come up with a plan b. A beautiful model nevertheless.

Have not had any issues with them at all.  The rake runs faultlessly,  have had them behind a Hornby Class 56 and a Bachmann Class 70.  
Hope that you get yours sorted.

10 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Have not had any issues with them at all.  The rake runs faultlessly,  have had them behind a Hornby Class 56 and a Bachmann Class 70.  
Hope that you get yours sorted.

Ahh okay! My layout has some superelevated curves, so the lack of flange shows up. Should be a simple case of putting in Bachmann wheelsets and Bob's your uncle.

5 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Nice to see some pics of one of my favorite layouts on RMweb. They look ace behind that 70.......I haven't taken mine out of the box yet :O

So nice of you to say that, glad that you like my model railway.

Don’t blame you for not taking them out of the box, those boxes with the presentation are on another level (never seen a box containing wagons like it). 

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

You mentioning the stanchions, there's a right mix if you watch this video and pause on the latter wagons. I don't often get to video it as it usually runs past the house just gone 1 in the morning.......but boy it does sound good :sungum:

Thanks for sharing the video, fantastic stuff. 
Removing the stanchions 1, 3, 6 & 8 and replacing with x8 of the ones in the spares packet, seem to be the most common variant.

Looks like I’m going to be busy.

633EF78D-403B-4752-AB60-C0BE0E21C0D7.jpeg

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 6

A long term project will be the scenery on the inside of the layout.  A family friend who is in his 80’s but loves to tinker with wood in his shed, had made me a basic platform.  Thank you Ted.

The idea is to have part of a closed station in the down direction (the up platform was demolished when the new houses were built).  Part of the plan is that the station building is now a cafe with a small seated area on the old platform.  
Yes I know it’s a crazy idea, a bit like the Bed and Breakfast place at Pontrilas on the Marches Route.

5C6C0B4A-C8F2-415E-96B0-D732D9FF9BC6.jpeg

242F67CB-324E-41D1-85F2-8F4440E7894E.jpeg

• Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

When I initially laid the track in the fiddle yard, reliability was my key objective.  So when an electrofrog point was laid, insulting fishplates were connected to the end of the point and then a fresh power supply from the 2 wires that go all around the layout.  On tracks 3 and 4 I didn’t plan this too well as I thought that I would just have 2 or 3 coach units in those roads.  Fast forward to May last year and our Family gave Dad a Hornby Brighton Belle for his birthday.  
Now although I am trying to base Wyvern Road around the 2017-2019 time period and have suitable stock for that moment in time.  Dad has x4 roads (x2 in each direction for his trains).  I am lucky that he has a Charter train and a Colas Class 37 with x4 aircon mk2s (which also fit in with my stock).  When the Brighton Belle arrived I thought that I could go in the road occupied by the 37 and x4 coaches (track no. 13) and they take turns on the layout,   Wrong the Brighton Belle is slightly longer and trapped the unit on track 14.  So my attention turned to tracks 3 and 4 and if I re arranged the points a x5 car train could fit into those tracks.  So a change has been made to the points and now we have more space on tracks 3 and 4.

I know that some of you will say that you should have 3rd rail if your running a BEL unit and you are right.  But these are Dad’s trains and I am extremely lucky that we share the model railway, so he can run what he likes.

851459C4-7237-4973-B939-63C7CB548274.jpeg

78E37943-83E8-4DAA-8017-2C831E6FD58B.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

With x2 of my modelling friends starting to weather their Log Carriers, I plucked up courage and made a start.  Like I have said before that weathering is not my strong point.  But I did have Iron Horse’s video for inspiration.

764D1B72-F801-4CF7-89DA-3C6A41A44F4B.jpeg

575B706E-EA6F-416D-A10D-7A1758173F5F.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A cracking start there.........mine are still in the box!!!!! What did you use, I'm still scared to death of weathering!!!!!!

If it runs again in daylight do you want me to take some still pics? There are a couple more videos of empty log carriers on my Signal9001 YouTube account if you are interested

On 04/03/2022 at 17:15, Melangoose said:

Second wagon is now finished, decided to be not so heavy with this one, have I done the right thing, I wonder.

7E00C2A7-79D0-40EF-A75F-E23CB19F4B70.jpeg

Looks really good Nigel. I never weather my wagons that are the same together at the same time. Variation is the key!

Good Job

Rhys